Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 28-11-2016, 06:24 PM   #151
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Default Re: Crying Ford worker with Ford flag drives off...

Hey Darren,

I'm really sorry to hear about the issues with your health and your car.

As the guys above have said, there are some very knowledgable Forum members here with great technical knowledge and skill, that will be able to point you in the right direction regarding the issues with your car.

Don't despair, it'll work out OK in the end.

Try the LPG section for advise / direction, stay positive and chin up mate !
Fordman1 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2016, 09:29 PM   #152
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6_power View Post
You're right too, the Falcon and Commodore did traditionally rack up pretty big fleet sales. You wonder why a government would take incentives away to buy local...
Why buy imports over local Falcons and Commodores....?

If you have a fleet of, say, 500 cars, four cylinder rego as opposed to six soon adds up....
2011G6E is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2016, 09:55 PM   #153
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011G6E View Post
Why buy imports over local Falcons and Commodores....?

If you have a fleet of, say, 500 cars, four cylinder rego as opposed to six soon adds up....
As well as a price of say $19,990 x 500 compared to say $34,990 x 500.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2016, 09:22 PM   #154
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Some good posts there by BENT8, XR6 power and Mr Franco. You do get a lot of car for your money with the Aussie stuff (that's why I'm here) and also support people in your own economy. All that is now passing, what will be left will be a time of consequence.

Darren is spot on in looking for reliability - for an Aussie family on a budget you really want painless, well built, reliable vehicles that don't cost a packet to run. And that, according to my experience and my mechanic's opinion (and lots of others) is inevitably Japanese. So when someone voices this, it's not anti-Ford or anti-blue or whatever, it's a recognised phenomenon. It's recognised at resale time and in the willingness of wholesalers to take on stock. Hands up who wants a DSG or powershift after warranty expires? Not me.

The really sad thing is once the next property cycle turns over, we lose about 28% of our economy being on the boil. That will hurt. Mining is 7 or so. So in stripping out our manufacturing sector we shoot ourselves in the foot losing the diversity in our economy, and shut down career paths for our young. But hey, we did get cheaper imported Balinese outdoor settings...

If you look to the States, and all around the world actually, you will see protectionism rising - in Trump's actions, in all the FT's that are falling over, in the slowing and reversing data of trade flows. The rest of the world is going to protect itself. Whether you believe in protecting the Aussie manufacturing sector or not, that is the background that is developing. And we won't have an industry to protect.
Sprintey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 29-11-2016, 11:15 PM   #155
danzvtil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
As well as a price of say $19,990 x 500 compared to say $34,990 x 500.
And both are worth 14k at 3 yo on the auction floor, HUGE difference in retained value/cost of ownership.

2019 LDV G10
2009 Mitsubishi Express-GONE
2011 Honda Jazz
Old 02-12-2016, 09:26 AM   #156
XR6_power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprintey View Post
Some good posts there by BENT8, XR6 power and Mr Franco. You do get a lot of car for your money with the Aussie stuff (that's why I'm here) and also support people in your own economy. All that is now passing, what will be left will be a time of consequence.

Darren is spot on in looking for reliability - for an Aussie family on a budget you really want painless, well built, reliable vehicles that don't cost a packet to run. And that, according to my experience and my mechanic's opinion (and lots of others) is inevitably Japanese. So when someone voices this, it's not anti-Ford or anti-blue or whatever, it's a recognised phenomenon. It's recognised at resale time and in the willingness of wholesalers to take on stock. Hands up who wants a DSG or powershift after warranty expires? Not me.

The really sad thing is once the next property cycle turns over, we lose about 28% of our economy being on the boil. That will hurt. Mining is 7 or so. So in stripping out our manufacturing sector we shoot ourselves in the foot losing the diversity in our economy, and shut down career paths for our young. But hey, we did get cheaper imported Balinese outdoor settings...

If you look to the States, and all around the world actually, you will see protectionism rising - in Trump's actions, in all the FT's that are falling over, in the slowing and reversing data of trade flows. The rest of the world is going to protect itself. Whether you believe in protecting the Aussie manufacturing sector or not, that is the background that is developing. And we won't have an industry to protect.
Agree totally, the breaking down of trade barriers in the form of tariff reductions and "free trade agreements" was always going to sink our industries. We are a smaller producer and were always going to lose against the bigger ones on a level playing field. There was a reason governments early last century legislated for a protected industrial landscape. In my opinion governments of the last 30 years or so have dropped the ball with these tariff reductions and FTA's. Only now that our manufacturing has capitulated and indeed tens of thousands of jobs lost, with more to be lost, are we beginning to realise this. Something I struggle with, is that governments have just allowed this to happen, to the detriment of all Australians..

1999 AU I XR8 HOT CHILLI RED (PROJECT!)

1999 AU I XR8 HOT CHILLI RED (PROJECT) (YES I HAVE 2)

1991 EB S-XR8 WHITE (PROJECT)

2000 AU II XR8 200KW VENOM RED (GONE)

1995 EF XR8- COBALT BLUE (GONE)

1991 EB S XR8- PEARL BLACK (GONE)

1989 EA GL 5 SPEED (GONE)[/I]
[/B][/FONT]
XR6_power is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2016, 10:59 AM   #157
XWGT
Powered by Marshall

You're only seeing half the picture

We traded manufacturing for agriculture in the FTAs

No we dont make cars anymore but we sell a SHED load more dairy, meat and grains into the worlds biggest markets.

This country dosnt continue to be so incredibly prosperous because of a bad FTA's I can promise you.