Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 07-01-2018, 08:26 PM   #151
Sar4890
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: GTHO 3 Barn Find Auction

Another reason to keep it left hook is a you can if its 30 years old and unless its done properly it can affect the way they drive i was told hence my car is still lhd.
Sar4890 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2018, 11:56 PM   #152
au350hp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sar4890 View Post
Another reason to keep it left hook is a you can if its 30 years old and unless its done properly it can affect the way they drive i was told hence my car is still lhd.
Does it affect the prices much these days, if the car is LHD or RHD from the factory? I vaguely remember as a kid, LHD cars required a large sign across the back stating the car in front of you is a Left Hand Drive & use caution or something lame like that. This would have been Perth & Melbourne mid 70's if anyone can verify that
au350hp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2018, 12:04 AM   #153
Sar4890
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I dont know about values now that lhd older cars are allowed to be registered like rhd cars but back in the day converted cars cost more to buy. Like you i remember lhd vehicles having a sign on the back advising caution that the vehicle was lhd the most common one i saw was an early 60's beetle in adelaide.
Sar4890 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 08-01-2018, 07:37 PM   #154
zoesgift
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roostercam View Post
Does it affect the prices much these days, if the car is LHD or RHD from the factory? I vaguely remember as a kid, LHD cars required a large sign across the back stating the car in front of you is a Left Hand Drive & use caution or something lame like that. This would have been Perth & Melbourne mid 70's if anyone can verify that
I would of thought the world wide appeal remains if the car is from outside Australia and is originally a LHD...from a money conversion scenario the $A is a very positive aspect for those outside, eg USA to buy!
zoesgift is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2018, 02:55 AM   #155
323Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoesgift View Post
theres still some good buying to be had out there irrespective of whether I its a gtho or falcon 500 just need to look and not snooze too long
even a survivor Tropicana 351 GS coupe maybe