Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 22-04-2015, 02:45 PM   #1891
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppa smurf View Post
just about to come home and I find the cruise control has decided it won't be joining us on our trip......gonna be a long one with my foot to the throttle all the time, hello sore legs!
Get your co pilot to see if all the brake lights are working ?
Old 22-04-2015, 03:23 PM   #1892
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

well I'm glad to report that it wasn't as difficult as it first seemed.......so I put the matches and the petrol away.

I hooked the van on and did the usual "pre-take off checklist" only to find the brake lights were failing to extinguish.

apparently the brake switch was knocked out of adjustment or simply plain lazy, pushed the pedal down, pulled the actuator out as far as it would go and then released the brake pedal and pulled it back.

all fixed, cruise is now operational, much to my right leg's relief.......and we are off like a piece of cheese.

G'day....I'm Dave, ...everyone calls me Poppa,..05.. B.A. Fairmont mark II...

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
poppa smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 22-04-2015, 04:01 PM   #1893
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTF6 View Post
I won't hold my breath for NBN, apparently 9000 homes and businesses in Alice Springs will be on NBN by July 2016, FAT CHANCE...!!!!
Just checked the website again for NBNCo, our area has gone from prep to build so generally its about 4-6 months when it goes to build then we should have it available.

On topic... when you think you can have a breather from work for 3 minutes and BAM!!! more emails for help.
Old 22-04-2015, 04:52 PM   #1894
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
I hooked the van on and did the usual "pre-take off checklist" only to find the brake lights were failing to extinguish.
So it was the opposite of the usual problem ?
Old 22-04-2015, 06:16 PM   #1895
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yes mate, glad it was easily sorted, dont fancy that long straight road without cruise.

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
Old 23-04-2015, 08:55 AM   #1896
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

When I used to do Alice Springs - Port Lincoln and return back in the day, in an old TE Cortina, I just pulled over and found a nice sized round rock to put against the pedal. Worked a treat and was easy to roll out of the way with my toe.

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2015, 11:04 AM   #1897
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

jeez! thats a long drive, according to Google that would take 33 hours non stop some 3,124 kilometres......I never used to do those miles in my trucking days.

Darwin to tenant creek was enough for me for one days driving.

what's the rock for, I found I had to back the switch off a bit so the brake lights would go out, no adjustment on those switches so it had to be reset.

according to google the way I described is the only way to do it!

Old 23-04-2015, 09:40 PM   #1898
XR6WGN
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
what's the rock for
Poor man's cruise control I reckon

My Gallery Photos Here
XR6WGN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 23-04-2015, 11:37 PM   #1899
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

No Poppa, I wouldn't do the trip down and back non stop, just one way then stay a few days then return. The rock was my cruise control as XR6WGN said. Once propped in just the right spot it would hold the car within a 10-12kph range depending on conditions, and it was rounded so as to be easily flicked out the way if I needed to get off the throttle. I used to finish work at 4.30 on a Friday, be on the road by 5 and do Alice to Whyalla in about 10.5-11hrs then have a snooze if I was buggered before heading down to Lincoln. Best I ever did was Alice to Pt Lincoln in 13.5hrs.

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Old 28-04-2015, 07:25 PM   #1900
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Drivers who reverse parallel park on busy, high traffic roads during peak periods.

WHY would someone do this.

It holds up traffic and has the potential to cause accidents.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2015, 11:06 PM   #1901
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

^^^ Further to that, what's with the stupid reverse angle parking in country NSW towns. It holds up traffic when some idiot tries to reverse into a space and takes 3 attempts to still get it wrong, and every sign post, bollard and rubbish bin pole has got a lean on from the various idiots with no spacial awareness. I hate it when you come back to your car only to find the numpty next to you has not only managed to get so close that you can't get back in your car but they didn't even manage to parallel park and now the nose of their car is so close to yours that even if you could get in you'll have to swing right and risk collecting the car in the right just to get clearance to get out of the parking space.
Nose in angle parking is so much easier and quicker. Drive straight in and get to see what's in front of you so you are less likely to hit it and for those who are reversing challenged, it's easier to back out into the open space of the road than try to back in to the parking space in the first place.

MINE- AUII Forte

Old 28-04-2015, 11:19 PM   #1902
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushbasher View Post
Further to that, what's with the stupid reverse angle parking in country NSW towns.
I'm with you on this one, it's not even consistent. Some councils have it, some don't.

Drive around the NSW countryside and you can tell who has reverse parking ...... they're usually missing a LH rear mudflap.
Old 29-04-2015, 11:36 AM   #1903
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Laughed like buggery when I first seen this reverse parking rubbish.......cant get with the logic with that at all.

Old 29-04-2015, 11:39 AM   #1904
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Reverse angle parking? WTF?

Can't say I've seen that before anywhere here in Vic.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2015, 11:57 AM   #1905
snopony

we have to reverse park here in Bathurst..... but its so bad council have tried painting lines on the road so people can *try* to get the angle right. Guess what? nah doesn't work either LOL
snopony is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 29-04-2015, 12:07 PM   #1906
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

When your daughter comes home with a tattoo............geez I hate that
ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 29-04-2015, 04:15 PM   #1907
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo View Post
Reverse angle parking? WTF?

Can't say I've seen that before anywhere here in Vic.
It's more of a regional thing where there is a heap of space to park.

I know Cowra has it, as does Bathurst and Tahmoor. Tahmoor almost has a special pit lane marked out just for the people to park.

I don't mind it other than the fact you can hang up you bumper / rip up your mud flap depending on the camber of the road and the height of the gutter.

Quite common in NSW actually.

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2015, 12:20 PM   #1908
supershifty
Missing a sock...
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Dave has been a long time active member on the forums and in particular has been a busy volunteer whenever there are cruises and toys runs etc held in South East Qld. He actively gives up his time and ensures that the events are provided for, be it commun 

I'm not up to speed on all the modern tunes/artists these days on the radio.

I listen to Nova 106.9 in the ute as some knob snapped my aerial off (I hate that too) and I can only pick up FM.

Occasionally I hear a track I like, the DJ's rarely tell you the title of the track/s they play anymore so I have to remember some of the lyrics from the track to Google later. By the time I get home I've forgotten the damned lyrics.

Geez, I hate that.

Cheers!

Real friends + great times = sheer bliss!

Considering becoming an organ donor? Click here

QLD Events, Cruises and Get Togethers: Click here

Gain success instantly - lower your standards.

It's not government funded - it's taxpayer funded.
supershifty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 11-05-2015, 12:24 PM   #1909
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

If you've got a smart phone get an app called "Shazam" it listens to the song for 10 seconds and identifies it for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71V8 View Post
When your daughter comes home with a tattoo............geez I hate that
Thats just the start of it, my sister has tattoos all over her back, on her ankles and two covering the top of both her feet, she started out with the ankle.
2 users like this post:
Old 11-05-2015, 12:33 PM   #1910
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

lifelong friends dying........Geez! I really, really hate that!!!!!!

Old 11-05-2015, 09:20 PM   #1911
black13
born to be mild

My dad was the 1st born in his family of 9 siblings, his youngest brother passed away last Monday. Dad is so sad he cant say goodbye at the celebration of his life. He cant travel. Life can be so hard at times, saying goodbye to loved ones is hard to do. So long uncle paulie,

keep on truckin
triumph Daytona 1200
the black beast busa gsx1300r
black13 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 11-05-2015, 09:41 PM   #1912
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Bloody Commodores.... geez I hate them.

When I first saw the original VB Commodore in late 78 I decided there and then that they were crap and vowed never to own one. To be fair, the XD-F didn't do anything for me either so I've never owned an 80s' car. In the 37 years since then, no Commodore has ever appealed to me in any way and consequently I've never even driven one of any model-era-type....... till Wednesday just gone when I started driving cabs and was given an old VZ to drive. Now, putting aside that it was the oldest car in the fleet and had thrashed suspension, I really took a dislike to the car almost immediately.

-The seats aren't wide enough, so the bolster frames put pressure on my thighs,
-There's not enough knee room,
-The indicator and wiper stalks feel flimsy and cheap,
-Hell, I couldn't even adjust the seat without having to open the door,
-And what's with the hand brake? Who decided it was a good idea to put the release button on the top of the handle .
-One of the headlights was poorly adjusted so I thought I'd just pop the bonnet and wind in down like I would in a Falcon but no, there's no way to just reach in and do a quick adjustment.
-Yesterday I got to drive a VF and had the same issues, except the seat wasn't quite as uncomfortable.
-Both cars had dead steering that wouldn't return to centre on their own and the VF was even worse to drive with stuffed rear shocks than the VZ with stuffed front shocks.

I could go on but you get the picture. I'm really hoping to get into one of the BF wagons this week or even one of the FGs'. Just so long as I can get out of those holdens. I've never liked them and now I know why. Driving my missus AU wagon home with 400k on the clock and it's original shocks is a more comfortable, relaxing and pleasant drive than either of those Commodores.

Bloody Commodores, geez I hate them.

MINE- AUII Forte

2 users like this post:
Old 12-05-2015, 09:09 AM   #1913
AD07

Comparing a VZ to a VF......Geez ! I hate that !!!!!
AD07 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2015, 09:24 AM   #1914
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Actually, upon reflection it was a VE and I wasn't comparing them, just commenting that the same issues that annoyed me in the VZ were still annoying in the VE.

MINE- AUII Forte

Old 13-05-2015, 01:18 PM   #1915
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Paid $190 for a new pair of Blundstone lace up boots, thought I'd give them a crack since they're an Australian company, was under the impression they made their boots here, these are the ones:

http://www.blundstone.com/au/work-sa...oots/style-991

Boots are made in Thailand, not Australia like I was under the impression and not as good as the CAT ones I've bought the last 4 times which I've imported from the USA.

Looks like I'm going back to the CAT boots next time around.

The sole on the CAT boots are much better, and it has this little cushion thing on the soul for the bridge of your foot for comfort when you are standing on ladders.

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 13-05-2015 at 01:31 PM.
3 users like this post:
Old 13-05-2015, 02:01 PM   #1916
Vincenzo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Boots are made in Thailand, not Australia
Thought they were Tasmanian - bugger.

Cheers Vincenzo

"WRC is for boys, Group B was for men" - Juha Kankkunen 4 times World Rally Champion

Romanes Eunt Domus - 'people called Romanes they go the house' - You mean Romani Ite Domum

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Vincenzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2015, 02:08 PM   #1917
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincenzo View Post
Thought they were Tasmanian - bugger.

Cheers Vincenzo
Me too, they've even got that advertised on their site Australian since 1870 or something along those lines.

Quote:
All Blundstone gumboots are made in our Hobart factory located in Tasmania. Our Leather footwear is manufactured overseas by our manufacturing partners. We take great pride ensuring that all Blundstone products are made to the highest standard and deliver maximum comfort.
http://www.blundstone.com/faqs-au

Quote:
A blog site for four-wheel-drive enthusiasts contained several complaints, typically that the soles of the boots had crumbled and had not been the same boot since Blundstone moved its operations to Asia.

The boots' main markets are Australia, New Zealand, Canada and Israel, but they are also sold in the US and in Europe.

Politicians and unions criticised the company when it shut its 137-year-old Hobart bootmaking factory in 2007, axing 300 factory jobs.

Apart from gum boots, which are still made in Tasmania, Blundstones are now made in Vietnam, China, Singapore, India and Europe.
http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/fas...-1226651268219

Looks like only Gumboots, what a pooload of frick.

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 13-05-2015 at 02:14 PM.
Old 13-05-2015, 02:46 PM   #1918
Uncle Niceguy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Being a fit 25 y.o man who has never had a full time job, GEEZ I HATE THAT!!!
Uncle Niceguy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2015, 05:24 PM   #1919
supershifty
Missing a sock...
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Dave has been a long time active member on the forums and in particular has been a busy volunteer whenever there are cruises and toys runs etc held in South East Qld. He actively gives up his time and ensures that the events are provided for, be it commun 

Quote:
Paid $190 for a new pair of Blundstone lace up boots, thought I'd give them a crack since they're an Australian company, was under the impression they made their boots here, these are the ones:

http://www.blundstone.com/au/work-sa...oots/style-991

Boots are made in Thailand, not Australia like I was under the impression and not as good as the CAT ones I've bought the last 4 times which I've imported from the USA.

Looks like I'm going back to the CAT boots next time around.

The sole on the CAT boots are much better, and it has this little cushion thing on the soul for the bridge of your foot for comfort when you are standing on ladders.
I wear "Steel Blue" steel capped boots.

They're rather heavy but kinda comfortable as far as boots go, though I put gel inner soles in them.

Still feels like I'm wearing a pair of bricks on my feet though.

Cheers!

Real friends + great times = sheer bliss!

Considering becoming an organ donor? Click here

QLD Events, Cruises and Get Togethers: Click here

Gain success instantly - lower your standards.

It's not government funded - it's taxpayer funded.
supershifty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2015, 06:14 PM   #1920
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Rossi boots gawd I love em. Made in Australia...every bit of 'em.

Guess then this comment is in wrong place