Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 03-12-2015, 12:32 PM   #2191
snopony

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

When a family member *who shall remain un-named* decides to show one of their Ford friends my car and dosn't shut the bonnet properly but makes sure the pins are done up...(dosn't tell me they opened it either otherwise it would have been the first thing I checked). I go for a drive around the mount thinking what the hell is that squeaking hingy noise....yeh thank god for pins doing their job.
snopony is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 03-12-2015, 12:39 PM   #2192
TRAU BLAU

Talking Re: Geez! I hate that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71V8 View Post
You're getting older, but you're observing people getting more self-absorbed.

Had a dude pull out of a KFC drivethru last night, turned rightt straight across me, I had no choice but to brake hard to avoid hitting them. Young Indian fella with his nose in his phone, completely oblivious. I swear he doesn't even know I was there, almost on his lap!
There's certainly some "beauts"on the roads alright! P-platers tend to drive like it's "get outa the way I'm here now!"The Transport Dept.talks about bringing in tough examinations for older drivers who make up in experience what they may lack in reaction time.
Old 13-12-2015, 06:00 PM   #2193
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

A large chain craft retailer, running a catalogue sale, has certain items on special with 50% off and prominent yellow tickets plastered all over the store.

One would assume that the large chain store would have these items set up to scan at the register at discounted price rather than make the customer point out what price it should be then be stuffed around with "price checks" while the line at the counter grows longer and longer.

The joys of Christmas shopping.......
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-12-2015, 06:01 PM   #2194
XG_Falcon

I'm just going to pre-post my "Geez! I hate that!" for next week when all the New Years Resolution type people clog up the gym.
XG_Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 01-01-2016, 08:50 PM   #2195
XG_Falcon

Yep... the gym is packed.

At least none of the dumbbells I use have been touched though
Old 02-01-2016, 12:04 AM   #2196
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Stop at a servo for a feed and a drink.

The options - 2x 600ml Coke varieties for $6.50 or 2x1.25L Coke varieties for $7...

Modern TV's....

Put the volume at 80/100, get blown away by the music and sound effects but can only just make out what is being spoken... Thought it was only our TV till we just spent a week at a holiday apartment only to experience the same. Had the TV at almost full bore and even sitting in front of it could just make out the words being said.

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2016, 09:26 AM   #2197
SYZ
Beaut Ute

People who write "could of" instead of the contraction "could've" or would've or should've etc.

It's "drivel" when people write crappy stuff, and not "dribble" which is what babies and grumpy old men like me do.

And it's "their" which denotes possession, and not "there" which means in a position or place. And don't get me started about "they're" LOL.
SYZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 02-01-2016, 09:53 AM   #2198
marty351
Shenanigans..............

And, lose- to have lost posession, and, loose- it's not tight.
marty351 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2016, 10:00 AM   #2199
MercurySilver
Isn't it obvious?
Donating Member1

That 90mm stormwater pipe at bunnos comes in 1m or 3m lengths
2 meters would fit in the wagon slid thru up near passenger seat, 3m means i have to hook the trailer up

My day is ruined
MercurySilver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2016, 10:23 AM   #2200
mike_nofx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercurySilver View Post
That 90mm stormwater pipe at bunnos comes in 1m or 3m lengths
2 meters would fit in the wagon slid thru up near passenger seat, 3m means i have to hook the trailer up

My day is ruined
Really? I was sure I could fit 3m lengths inside my wagon, well of 2x4" anyway. Could be wrong
mike_nofx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2016, 10:38 AM   #2201
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

And 2m costs as much as 6m out in the trade area

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2016, 11:21 AM   #2202
MercurySilver
Isn't it obvious?
Donating Member1

Actually i reckon you mightve been right mike
Id had a few ciders so it might be best to measure again, thing is i need 7 lengths might start to get a bit cramped in there.
Hooking the trailer up might just be easier

And another little rant
Just passed an old guy in his lycra on his pushie
One handed drinking from his water bottle a meter from the white line on his left, didnt indicate to turn left and did not stop at the stop sign
I shock my head at him and got mouthed at

/rant
MercurySilver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2016, 10:41 AM   #2203
Low Na
Cruisin in my EL

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYZ View Post
People who write "could of" instead of the contraction "could've" or would've or should've etc.

It's "drivel" when people write crappy stuff, and not "dribble" which is what babies and grumpy old men like me do.

And it's "their" which denotes possession, and not "there" which means in a position or place. And don't get me started about "they're" LOL.
What about the people that don't know the difference between "brought" and "bought".....
Low Na is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 03-01-2016, 12:14 PM   #2204
superyob
Banned

I got six numbers in the lotto a few weeks ago. Grand total of twenty six bucks I won. Unfortunately, two numbers were supps...
superyob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2016, 12:49 PM   #2205
NTF6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XG_Falcon View Post
Yep... the gym is packed.

Don't worry, it'll be empty by Feb!
Old 03-01-2016, 12:51 PM   #2206
NTF6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Na View Post
What about the people that don't know the difference between "brought" and "bought".....
Or then and than
and last time I saw a car with some damage I'm pretty sure it was a dent not a DINT.
Old 03-01-2016, 12:55 PM   #2207
NTF6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Are they those pink 1 and 2 kilo ones?
Old 03-01-2016, 01:06 PM   #2208
XG_Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTF6
Don't worry, it'll be empty by Feb!
You know it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTF6 View Post
Are they those pink 1 and 2 kilo ones?
Shhhhh! I don't want everyone to know.
Old 04-01-2016, 05:49 PM   #2209
commodorenutt
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Old people with attitude who think they can get away with anything just because they are old & deserve respect.

Sitting in the car at the local shops an old biddy rifling through her oversized handbag walked past my drivers door & snagged the long loopy handle on the mirror - spinning it about 30 degrees around from it's usual spot. I buzzed the window down as she was unhooking it & said "excuse me" and she looked at me & said "what?"
I said "you caught your bag on my mirror" to which she retorted "no I didn't"
After a couple more "yes you did" and "no I didn't" I realised she was simply in denial so I said a few choice words about having respect for other's property and she said "you need to show respect to the elderly"

Less than 5 minutes later another one walks between the cars - belting the trolley handle into my mirror. This stopped the trolley, so she backed it up about a foot and had another go.
Once again I put the window down, this time a lot less polite & yelled "oi what the f are you doing smashing into my mirror twice?" She just proceeded to reverse the trolley back as though nothing had happened. So I got out & yelled "hey, are you deaf? You smashed the trolley into my mirror twice" and a younger woman appeared beside her and said "mum, you smashed into his mirror" - and wait for the answer "no I didn't"

This resulted in a few sentences exchanged and sure enough, out rolled the classic line from her - "show some respect for your elders" to which I retorted "I respect elders who tell the truth, not those who lie like a 5 year old & think they can get away with it"

I couldn't believe it. Twice in 5 minutes 2 old bags smack the mirror and both deny it.
commodorenutt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 04-01-2016, 08:05 PM   #2210
XG_Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by commodorenutt View Post
Old people with attitude who think they can get away with anything just because they are old & deserve respect.

I couldn't believe it. Twice in 5 minutes 2 old bags smack the mirror and both deny it.
I'm not trying to make excuses because I have also been told to "respect my elders" when being shown none in return...

but there is a good chance both were medicated and didn't even know what they were really doing. Not an excuse but possibly a reason for their strange behaviour.
Old 04-01-2016, 08:26 PM   #2211
NTF6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

When you go to the supermarket and the first thing someone wants to do when they get their trolley is stand in the middle of the ******* doorway rifling through their bags and crap and then they stand there blocking the doorway while they formulate a plan of attack. For gods sake, move inside and free up the doorway so others can get inside the store and start getting their own ****.
Old 04-01-2016, 08:35 PM   #2212
XG_Falcon

Quote:
When you go to the supermarket and the first thing someone wants to do when they get their trolley is stand in the middle of the ******* doorway rifling through their bags and crap and then they stand there blocking the doorway while they formulate a plan of attack. For gods sake, move inside and free up the doorway so others can get inside the store and start getting their own ****.
Yeah or when somebody is shopping with their family and they block the center of an isle, standing there like zombies because they're freaking retarded.
Old 04-01-2016, 08:52 PM   #2213
marty351
Shenanigans..............

Quote:
The worst is at the top of escalators or lifts.
I just announce, "coming through" and give nothing as I'm walking past.
These places are thoroughfares!
marty351 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2016, 09:29 PM   #2214
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
And capped off at the checkout, after watching patiently as the attendant scans and bags the grocery items, is told the total price, then in total amazement realises that, yes, some money actually needs to change hands. So follows rummaging through a large, cluttered hand bag, a big purse is then produced and some money is slowly and carefully found. Here you go love...........hang on do you want the $1.25 as well to make it easier? All the while the poor people behind roll their eyes as the $1.25 is counted out in 0.5c coins.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2016, 10:53 PM   #2215
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

People who put the dollar sign after the amount?

There seems to be a growing number of people who write 20$, instead of $20.
Old 07-01-2016, 11:04 PM   #2216
AJ09

Pulled into my driveway this morning, after getting out of the car I hear a "hissing" sound. Take a look at my right rear tyre and there is a big wood screw hanging out of it.

So then had to move the car, put the pathetic excuse for a spare wheel on (FG with space saver - note to self: Get a standard wheel from wreckers) and drive to tyre shop. First shop quotes $49, second shop quotes $35 - more realistic so they get the job.

Wheel is back on the car now and all is well.

At the end of the day it's a minor thing, however it was a PITA that I didn't have time for today. And, $35 is nearly a carton of beer!
AJ09 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2016, 12:37 PM   #2217
TRAU BLAU

Wink Re: Geez! I hate that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by commodorenutt View Post

Sitting in the car at the local shops an old biddy rifling through her oversized handbag walked past my drivers door & snagged the long loopy handle on the mirror - spinning it about 30 degrees around from it's usual spot. I buzzed the window down as she was unhooking it & said "excuse me" and she looked at me & said "what?"
I said "you caught your bag on my mirror" to which she retorted "no I didn't"
After a couple more "yes you did" and "no I didn't" I realised she was simply in denial so I said a few choice words about having respect for other's property and she said "you need to show respect to the elderly"

Less than 5 minutes later another one walks between the cars - belting the trolley handle into my mirror. This stopped the trolley, so she backed it up about a foot and had another go.
Once again I put the window down, this time a lot less polite & yelled "oi what the f are you doing smashing into my mirror twice?" She just proceeded to reverse the trolley back as though nothing had happened. So I got out & yelled "hey, are you deaf? You smashed the trolley into my mirror twice" and a younger woman appeared beside her and said "mum, you smashed into his mirror" - and wait for the answer "no I didn't"

This resulted in a few sentences exchanged and sure enough, out rolled the classic line from her - "show some respect for your elders" to which I retorted "I respect elders who tell the truth, not those who lie like a 5 year old & think they can get away with it"

Cairns is getting very busy these days.I find myself having to self-check myself for "Anger Management" continually.I think it's all about PSYCHOLOGY.Obviously!The study of human nature but every one wants to "win" rather than back down.But like they say the one who does walk away is the winner(hero)& doesn't get hot under the collar.Life keeps teaching me!
Old 08-01-2016, 09:36 PM   #2218
XG_Falcon

I finally caved in to peer pressure and decided to "upgrade" from Reaper to Pro Tools because "it's the industry standard..."

After spending a couple of hours trying to fix multiple ridiculous and infuriating bugs, I uninstalled it and got a refund. I simply could not get it to work and the manufacturer didn't even know what to do.
It really shouldn't be necessary to uninstall/reinstall drivers, plug-ins, software and hardware just to get a DAW program to work any way...

"Pro Tools has encountered an unrecognised component and must now exit."

At least it's cheap at only $299-$599 though...
Old 09-01-2016, 11:37 AM   #2219
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Ebay search criteria.

Used to be able to look at all cars 'Collector and Vintage' together.

Now they split them into pre-40, 40-70, post-70 and Restoration and salvage :( and if you want to look at all 4 groups you need to brows each group separately. (Collector cars then salvage / restoration). I think on the phone app you cant even do that and must look at each date group separately.

If it ain't broke why 'fix' it???

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2016, 01:23 AM   #2220
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Yeah or when somebody is shopping with their family and they block the center of an isle, standing there like zombies because they're freaking retarded.
I don't even get to the shopping centre building from the car park before witnessing how people are either stupid or inconsiderate. Trolleys strewn everywhere - including against the back of the trolley bay.
Get inside the shops and the things people do makes you wonder how they even managed to tie their shoelaces that morning. It is why I usually do grocery shopping in the evening
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
pauljh74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post