Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 27-11-2014, 05:35 PM   #211
futura
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: FPV GTF Prices

If I haven't purchased my GTF and I was looking to buy a used FPV GT model say in 5 years time, my choice would of been between a R spec GT or a GTF. Still have a soft spot for the R Spec GTs.
Old 27-11-2014, 05:38 PM   #212
futura
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

[QUOTE=responsef6;5268806]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudPipes View Post
More importantly is what will a used GT F be worth in 10 years when a good number of the already small percentage of interested buyers have moved on and are now drooling over something else.

[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]The HSV GT-R is a good example QUOTE]

Ahhh, thankfully GTF didn't come in Big Bird Yellow.

HSV GTSR isn't a good example, especially that it has been since superseded in power and performance by a dozen of its own kind

Last GT, most powerful falcon, fastest ever. That's why it will do well.

Agree last alone isn't enough, but last and best is a great combo
Tested to 297km/h by John Bowe
Old 27-11-2014, 05:39 PM   #213
LoudPipes
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by futura View Post
I don't think The HSV GT-R is a good example. I would buy a HSV GTS model every day of the week over the HSV GT-R. hence the fall in value
It was a good example at the time and worth a $100k until something better came along.
I'll use the XY Phase 3 as an example against your new GTS. Lots of faster Fords now available and they are all newer, yet the Phase 3 holds its status.
There will always be something better but that doesn't make it collectable.
My point is, how does anyone know what is going to be collectable.

Last edited by LoudPipes; 27-11-2014 at 05:47 PM. Reason: Because I can't stop typing
LoudPipes is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2014, 05:51 PM   #214
LoudPipes
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

[QUOTE=futura;5268814]
Quote:
Originally Posted by responsef6 View Post

Tested to 297km/h by John Bowe
Yeah, they even switched off the rev limiter to try and make the 300 but sadly to no avail.
Old 27-11-2014, 06:01 PM   #215
futura
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

[QUOTE=LoudPipes;5268822]
Quote:

Yeah, they even switched off the rev limiter to try and make the 300 but sadly to no avail.
Target 300 was not broken, but 297km/h on a public road in the outback of Australia in warm conditions without the aid of an intercooler is still an achievement on its own. Under the right conditions (ie.cooler conditions) 300km/h might of been a possibility.
Old 27-11-2014, 06:10 PM   #216
futura
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
It was a good example at the time and worth a $100k until something better came along.
I'll use the XY Phase 3 as an example against your new GTS. Lots of faster Fords now available and they are all newer, yet the Phase 3 holds its status.
There will always be something better but that doesn't make it collectable.
My point is, how does anyone know what is going to be collectable.
The Phase 3 has been the Ford collectable till now, but who knows what will happen in years to come. Maybe the GTF will become more valuable than the Phase 3. (cant believe I have just said that) Maybe they will both loose value.

We can agree that the Phase 3 has come down a long way in value during the past years. Could the latest supercharged FPV falcons contributed to this? only time will tell.
Old 27-11-2014, 06:51 PM   #217
LoudPipes
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Maybe the GTF will become more valuable than the Phase 3. (cant believe I have just said that) Maybe they will both loose value.
Maybe Hulk could start a Friday thread.
If you owned a Phase 3 and a GT F and both were only weekend cruisers and you were forced to give one up what would you keep?
That would be an even more interesting question in another 43 years.
2 users like this post:
Old 27-11-2014, 07:09 PM   #218
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT-GTF View Post
Radio reception in my BF III was better than that in my GTF.
She-at really. That's a downer.
Old 27-11-2014, 07:17 PM   #219
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 

[QUOTE=responsef6;5268806]
Quote:
[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]
HSV GTSR isn't a good example, especially that it has been since superseded in power and performance by a dozen of its own kind
And I kid you not, when they came out, took my stock standard E49 Charger on 205s to the strip and beat a then at the time dogs bollox GTS-R complete with the optional engine blueprinting which I think ran to something like $12,000 as an option :-) It was a drag day at Ravenswood and the HSV club was in attendance, I smoked it and that was in a 1972 stockie, all I did for the track was put some new plugs in. Funniest day I ever had at the drags...

Actually no the funniest day was back in 1999 when I took my stock KawasakI to the strip and ran 10s on two wheels and then did an 11.9 at 192km/h on one wheel the whole way before they kicked me out telling me I needed and exhibition licence to do such things, that was funnier :-)
4 users like this post:
Old 27-11-2014, 07:20 PM   #220
WHYME
Next up?

[QUOTE=mcnews;5268883]
Quote:

And I kid you not, when they came out, took my stock standard E49 Charger on 205s to the strip and beat a then at the time dogs bollox GTS-R complete with the optional engine blueprinting which I think ran to something like $12,000 as an option :-) It was a drag day at Ravenswood and the HSV club was in attendance, I smoked it and that was in a 1972 stockie, all I did for the track was put some new plugs in. Funniest day I ever had at the drags...

Actually no the funniest day was back in 1999 when I took my stock KawasakI to the strip and ran 10s on two wheels and then did an 11.9 at 192km/h on one wheel the whole way before they kicked me out telling me I needed and exhibition licence to do such things, that was funnier :-)
Lmao, that would of been a sight to see for both accounts.

WHYME is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 27-11-2014, 11:48 PM   #221
hootar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnews View Post

I believe ya Trev. My charger still enjoys wiping the smiles off the hsv boys faces. Although mines not quite stock anymore.
hootar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 28-11-2014, 01:46 AM   #222
LoudPipes
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

[QUOTE=mcnews]
Quote:
And I kid you not, when they came out, took my stock standard E49 Charger on 205s to the strip and beat a then at the time dogs bollox GTS-R complete with the optional engine blueprinting which I think ran to something like $12,000 as an option :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hootar View Post
I believe ya Trev. My charger still enjoys wiping the smiles off the hsv boys faces. Although mines not quite stock anymore.

There is nothing fast about a HSV GTS-R and never really was unless you’re on foot trying to run it down in a pair of Hugg boots.

For the record Gents, how much are your Chargers worth today as collectables and who finds them desirable and why?

A bit of perspective.
A 1962 Ferrari 250 Gt Berlinetta sold for $40.9 million in California and a 1963 Ferrari 250 GTO sold for $52 million and neither of those cars are fast by today’s standards.

I still can’t fathom how the GT F for all its magical properties and arguably the best Aussie performance car ever, means that will translate into it being one of the most desirable collectors in the future.

For all we know in maybe another 20 years collectors will be climbing all over themselves to own a classic Aussie Coupe instead.
Old 28-11-2014, 05:25 AM   #223
CQB-241
Car tragic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnews View Post

.....took my stock standard E49 Charger on 205s to the strip and beat a then at the time dogs bollox GTS-R complete with the optional engine blueprinting which I think ran to something like $12,000 as an option :-) It was a drag day at Ravenswood and the HSV club was in attendance, I smoked it and that was in a 1972 stockie, all I did for the track was put some new plugs in. Funniest day I ever had at the drags...
I believe you Trev, beat a R34 GTR racecar at the slalom at Motorvation this year with near-stock big-tank '71 E38 on 205's (near-stock referring to a low fuel-load, maybe a 3:54 in place of 3:23 LSD and a '72 4-speed).
CQB-241 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2014, 01:27 PM   #224
WHYME
Next up?

[QUOTE=LoudPipes;5269238]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnews

There is nothing fast about a HSV GTS-R and never really was unless you’re on foot trying to run it down in a pair of Hugg boots.

For the record Gents, how much are your Chargers worth today as collectables and who finds them desirable and why?

A bit of perspective.
A 1962 Ferrari 250 Gt Berlinetta sold for $40.9 million in California and a 1963 Ferrari 250 GTO sold for $52 million and neither of those cars are fast by today’s standards.

I still can’t fathom how the GT F for all its magical properties and arguably the best Aussie performance car ever, means that will translate into it being one of the most desirable collectors in the future.

For all we know in maybe another 20 years collectors will be climbing all over themselves to own a classic Aussie Coupe instead.
That's the golden question isn't it. In my opinion I think any well kept example of an FPV will command a premium in the future to come, how much we don't know.

3 users like this post:
Old 28-11-2014, 04:01 PM   #225
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fully6 View Post
That's the golden question isn't it. In my opinion I think any well kept example of an FPV will command a premium in the future to come, how much we don't know.
Yep

Something well kept with all the factory fruit , good colour combo , stripes , brembos , sunroof , reasonable mileage , and a GT badge.
These cars will be the next gen muscle cars , will see their lives out as cruisers and car show whores , so the louder , the more extroverted. The more desirable and fun they will be.
In a future state of Hyundai and KIa sterility. These cars will stand out like the dogs proverbial and will happily give the one fingered salute to conformity and will be the keepers of a once happier time in our manufacturing history.

It will be the minority zealots that will lust after these old heathens, but then again , age will weary them , so they won't be as plentiful and there certainly will be less and less good examples to choose from.

At today's prices. They are a steal and I just wish I had a garage big enough to collect a couple more. A different colour for each day of the week's driving....

Last edited by Whitey-AMG; 28-11-2014 at 04:17 PM.
Whitey-AMG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 28-11-2014, 04:07 PM   #226
WHYME
Next up?

[QUOTE=Bluey-GT;5269517]
Quote:

Yep

Something well kept with all the factory fruit , good colour combo , stripes , brembos , sunroof , reasonable mileage , and a GT badge.
These cars will be the next gen muscle cars , will see their lives out as cruisers and car show whores , so the louder , the more extroverted. The more desirable and fun they will be.
In a future state of Hyundai and KIa sterility. These cars will stand out like the dogs proverbial and will happily give the one fingered salute to conformity and will be the keepers of a once happier time in our manufacturing history.

It will be the minority zealots that will lust after these old heathens, but then again , age will weary them , so they won't be as plentiful and there certainly will be less and less good examples to choose from.

At today's prices. They are a steal and I just wish I had a garage big enough to collect a couple more. A different colour for each day of the week's driving....
It sounds like you have too much money to me, . I don't think it will be just the GT's that command a premium. I think the F6's will go this route too being the cult car they are and the name they have established for themselves. Especially the R Spec Typhoons which are already hard to find with a build number of 300.

Old 28-11-2014, 04:12 PM   #227
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Quote:
It sounds like you have too much money to me, . I don't think it will be just the GT's that command a premium. I think the F6's will go this route too being the cult car they are and the name they have established for themselves. Especially the R Spec Typhoons which are already hard to find with a build number of 300.
You're right , both will be sought after, but I still think the GT will command more interest in the long run. And no.....I don't have too much money....damn it.

Last edited by Whitey-AMG; 28-11-2014 at 04:17 PM.
Whitey-AMG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2014, 11:14 PM   #228
Blem
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just enjoy the car..
Blem is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2014, 12:15 AM   #229
shaness8

[QUOTE=mcnews;5268883]
Quote:

What time did u run in the E49
shaness8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2014, 08:03 AM   #230
mcnews
Trev

14.1 on 205 Goodyear NCT crap rubber, hot day and slippy track. Completely stock down to the part numbers on the shocks and the mufflers, concours condition 39,200 miles.

I used to race it in tarmac hillclimbs around the time WRXs came out, and would beat half the WRX field while running stock brakes and standard size 205 rubber, so much fun, I have had many faster cars, and faster Chargers, but that thing with the Webers snorting and the car darting around was such epic fun. How I survived it I will never know. Nothing like running out of brakes at Wanneroo as you hit the pedal towards turn one, then slot it back a couple and put it sideways on the compression to make it around the turn.... And this car was already show winning, in perfect condition, rare and collectible then (late 90s)... Biante bought it to make models from. The collector that has it now (along with about ten other Biante cars) rang me up a few years ago and asked me if I wanted to come around for a look, and I said only if I can take it out for a good flogging. It was absolutely brilliant to drive, so light on its feet really, and the quick ratio R/T steering box took all the slop out of the normal Valiant steering, it really honestly felt more like a European 70s exotic than an Aussie car, those webers and the sound etc. nothing else like it made in this country. Most Aussie of all our muscle cars too, Aussie cast engine, aussie gearbox, aussie diff etc. etc. Only thing Euro was the Webers, and OMG, they were awesome and worth importing.
8 users like this post:
Old 11-12-2014, 11:24 PM   #231
Stefan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Saw a GT- F cruise past work as I left the office (on a main road and in peak hour 6pm traffic) and I must say it just looked like a nothing car, I think the GT has lost it's place at the top of the tree long ago. With C63s, M3/M5, RS Audis etc it's just another Taxi.

In the 70s I bet a GT or GTHO stood out amongst the base model falcons or Kingswoods.

Some nostalgic cashed up enthusiasts paid big for a GT-F, but seeing it drive past, I felt no emotion or desire to own it. The Phase 3 will remain to be the ford pinnacle. I fear the GT-F will never be anything special to anyone but a few.

Time will tell...
Stefan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2014, 11:29 PM   #232
SensationFG8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So you saw a GTF then you felt the need to run home and share your thoughts about how they are "nothing"... Interesting...

For a nothing car it clearly stood out enough for you to notice it...
Sensation FG XR8 290kW NA V8, 6spd Automatic

Current Rides
Octane GTF SC V8, 6spd Manual, Manta 3" X pipes and hotdogs
Starlight Lotus Evora S 258kW SC V6, 6spd Manual
SensationFG8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 11-12-2014, 11:49 PM   #233
Blem
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Saw a GT- F cruise past work as I left the office (on a main road and in peak hour 6pm traffic) and I must say it just looked like a nothing car, I think the GT has lost it's place at the top of the tree long ago. With C63s, M3/M5, RS Audis etc it's just another Taxi.

In the 70s I bet a GT or GTHO stood out amongst the base model falcons or Kingswoods.

Some nostalgic cashed up enthusiasts paid big for a GT-F, but seeing it drive past, I felt no emotion or desire to own it. The Phase 3 will remain to be the ford pinnacle. I fear the GT-F will never be anything special to anyone but a few.

Time will tell...
Must admit that as far as sticker pack GT 's go I prefer the FG s/c with the sticker running diagonally down the the front qtr panel compared to FG GTF.
Just my opinion.
I would prefer to own a GTF, then a R-SPEC FG then a FGX XR8.
For what it's worth my FGF6 is a keeper that does track days
Blem is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2014, 11:58 PM   #234
Elks
Donating Member
Donating Member3

I like the GTF it's quite dramatic. You can spot them a mile away. In the same way the blackouts set the xa in Stefans avatar apart from a normal falcon 500.

Just saying.
Old 12-12-2014, 12:00 AM   #235
HO 3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Time will tell...

It will be the children of the current owners that will pick up the torch and carry the passion for these cars in the future..............theres always something special about owning the same car that mum or dad had back in the day, even if its not the exact same one.

Cheers Mick
HO 3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-12-2014, 12:08 AM   #236
WHYME
Next up?

Quote:

Time will tell...
I don't see why the GTF has to be compared to the older classics, and calling it just another taxi is not fair.

It's this generations finest aussie muscle car, and it being the final FPV to boot definitely gives it a big presence on the road and in the future to come.

For all we know this could very well be the next Phase 3 in modern cars. FPV have provided us a lot of memories and moments that we will never forget, I'm positive it will remain very special in the future, and to more than just a few.

Old 12-12-2014, 01:00 AM   #237
responsef6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Time will tell...
As a Ford Aus fan, i respect your car, but I don't want your car. Many younger blokes have grown up with fpvs and v8 supercars, and have no real interest in classic aussie fords. Certainly the case for me.

We've been fans of the the Ba/f, the fg, barra turbos and sc v8 falcons. These are the cars I own, and will always be where my passion is at. Im sure I'm not alone.

As for that taxi comment, poor form. Imagine if one of us came on to a seventies falcon thread and started bagging out your car.

The precious performance euros you mentioned are all 3 times the price! i remember wasting a c63 at the drags with my stock f6 when it was one month old. that's not a negative about a c63, that's a huge positive about what FPV have achieved with a tiny market and minimal budget.

You may prefer classic 70s falcons but be proud of what Ford Aus and FPV have achieved in this highly competitive market, rather than criticising the car for no apparent reason other than it didn't stand out...to you.

FPVs stand out like dogs balls in the sea of modern fridges that are today's cars. Huge wings, stripes, bulges, body kits...if they stood out any more, they'd be impounded on hoon laws whilst stationery for "possession with intent" to hoon lol
Old 12-12-2014, 11:37 AM   #238
GTP534
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

^^^^ Yep, that's right.

If we love cars we don't bag them out.
Old 12-12-2014, 12:14 PM   #239
brismike
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
FPVs stand out like dogs balls in the sea of modern fridges that are today's cars. Huge wings, stripes, bulges, body kits...if they stood out any more, they'd be impounded on hoon laws whilst stationery for "possession with intent" to hoon lol
^^^ Just love this paragraph

Cheers Mike

Wife's - 2018 Peugeot 3008 Gtline, Pearl White - 6 Speed Auto - Fully Optioned.

My Toy - 2014 Smart Fortwo Passion Crystal White, Black Tridion Cell - 5 Speed Auto with Flappy Paddles - Tint - Twin Exhaust

The only good Commodore is the one now very very quickly disappearing in my rear view mirror.
brismike is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 12-12-2014, 02:05 PM   #240
Stefan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
The precious performance euros you mentioned are all 3 times the price! i remember wasting a c63 at the drags with my stock f6 when it was one month old. that's not a negative about a c63, that's a huge positive about what FPV have achieved with a tiny market and minimal budget.
So what does that hell does your F6 have to do with GT-F pricing? Did you read the thread title?

The thread posed the question will the GT-F be a future collectible with big dollars.

My response being, no, as is just isn't as desireable to alot of people in todays market. Diving down the road it doesn't evoke any huge reaction or desire to own it execept maybe for a few enthusiasts.

All the guys at my work know I own a XY GT and XA GT, I sometime drive one in, everyone loves them. I usually spend a few hours showing the cars to people, some young some old, men, women, they have a very broad appeal.

I drive in my BF GT and no one bats an eye lid, I may as well have rolled up in a Camry.

I mention the S/C GT or R-Spec, GT-F....everyone just looks at me blankly. No-one cares.

It's an observation, like it or not, it is pertinent to the topic. The GT-F has no broad appeal and that will hurt any long term value.
Stefan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post