Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 24-03-2014, 10:43 PM   #2431
FPV GTHO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Sharing his knowledge of performance exhaust setups for the NA 6 cyc Barra Falcon from BA to FG. 
Default Re: 2014 Falcon Sneek Peak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo View Post
As if it will rev to 6400 RPM, thats pretty high for one of those engines.
Its only 150rpm extra over what the current engines are doing. Those figures seem more like what an unhinged EcoLPi might produce.
FPV GTHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2014, 11:04 PM   #2432
FalconXV
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6 Martin View Post
I thought those figures are what they were getting out of the LiLPG, before they detuned it to make peak power at 5000rpm (instead of 6k like the petrol).
Sauce?
Also i can't find the article Nate is talking about.
Having had an ecoLPI as a drive car for several months, I reckon they feel at least as gutsy as a BA XR6T.
FalconXV is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2014, 11:25 PM   #2433
rst2000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconXV View Post

Sauce?
Also i can't find the article Nate is talking about.
i will take a meat pie with that...

did you mean source?
rst2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 24-03-2014, 11:31 PM   #2434
FalconXV
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by rst2000 View Post
i will take a meat pie with that...

did you mean source?
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=sauce Bit late for a dog's eye isn't it mate? Sauce because I really want to believe it so need an article to examine with a fine tooth comb.
Old 24-03-2014, 11:32 PM   #2435
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV GTHO View Post
Its only 150rpm extra over what the current engines are doing. Those figures seem more like what an unhinged EcoLPi might produce.
Oh ok, I've only ever driven them a few times never thought they would rev that high.

EcoLPI has 12.5:1 comp right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige View Post
fyi i have a 40yo car with aircon
Packard motor company had aircon in one of their cars in 1939, except that the compressor was always connected to the engine and couldn't be turned off, and that the evaporator took up most of the space in the boot. It was a $274 option back in 1939.

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 24-03-2014 at 11:40 PM.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 25-03-2014, 10:34 AM   #2436
stevefreestyle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconXV View Post
The 2.3 has 407Nm doesn't it? How much extra development costs would those changes add compared to just the loom? Would DSC recalibration be necessary? Things like that make it implausibe. Is it a recent article?
Maybe the new gearbox makes it possible, Remember when the ZF6 came out it raised the redline to 6250.
What 2.3 ??? The new Mustang EB ? The Falcon has a 2.0 EB and its 353 Nm - a long way short of 407Nm.

You might be confusing the EB with the I6 4.0L EcoLPI which is 409Nm. Why not check before posting - if you are not sure of your facts???
stevefreestyle is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2014, 10:52 AM   #2437
stevefreestyle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberKnee View Post
Miami may be assembled here but its a Seppo motor Ford Aus put a few Aussie parts on. Boss motors were all just crate motors. I think the Barra 6's are Aussie made but that hardly equates to Falcons being all Aussie cars. A 4 litre straight 6 is farking huge, JDM cars have half that capacity and perform just as well. 5.4, 5.0 are pretty big motors as well compared to what BMW, Audi and several others use.
What planet are you on ??

Quote from Ford Au:

Quote:
The Boss engine is back, and built on the only V8 engine assembly line in Australia.
"The new engine is not only unique in the Ford world, but is built here in Australia - starting
from just bare blocks and heads,"
said Ford Performance Vehicles Managing Director, David
Flint.
"We have maintained and built upon the standard previously set by Tickford to produce a
premium performance engine that specifically meets Australian requirements.
"As we worked through its development, we kept coming across remarkable parallels with
the first Boss 302 in the 1969 Mustang - which led us to believe there could only be one
name for this new engine - Boss."
There are two versions of the new Boss engine, a 260 kW version for the Falcon XR8 and
290 kW for the GT, GT-P and Pursuit Ute.
It is the first V8 engine ever offered in an Australian model with quad overhead camshafts
and 32 valves, an advanced specification more than capable of writing a new chapter in the
Boss and the GT legends.
The GT, GT-P, Pursuit Ute and Falcon XR8 also share a specific Boss power bulge bonnet
that is factory-styled, tooled and stamped as a single steel panel.
This ensures that the engine's position in the engine bay and vital performance equipment are
not dictated by low bonnet height. It also helps generate the required ground clearance for the
sump and allows additional airflow around the engine bay.
The original and the new
The first Boss 302 V8 engine was born in 1969 by combining the latest and proven cast-iron
Windsor 302 block with the larger, deeper-breathing Cleveland heads to generate a new
Mustang legend in Trans-Am racing. It was a legend that had an unforgettable Australian
chapter starring Allan Moffat and his factory Trans-Am Mustang Boss 302.
The original Trans-Am race-bred Boss 302 featured an aluminium high-rise manifold, four
barrel carburettor, 4-bolt centre main bearing caps, forged crankshaft and special pistons. It
delivered 290 bhp@5800 rpm on a compression ratio of 10.5:1.
The 260kW version of the new Boss engine starts with the rigid cast- iron block and high
torque of Ford's proven 5.4- litre V8, with forged steel crankshaft and cross-bolted main
bearing caps as manufactured by Ford in Windsor, Ontario. The block is from the same all
new V8 engine family introduced across the BA Falcon range.
The very latest development of the Cobra R alloy cylinder heads, with twin overhead
camshafts, four valves per cylinder and high performance alloy inlet manifold, are the 21st
century equivalent of the Cleveland heads. They are added to the latest version of the 5.4- litre
block to create a new Boss that is even more formidable than the original.
Boss cylinder block
Key Features
· Cast-iron for exceptional rigidity. Up to three times stronger than aluminium for extra
durability reserves and refinement under high horsepower and torque loads. Maintains
tolerances better. More stable over a wider temperature range. Less movement at critical
sealing points for superior resistance to oil and coolant leaks. Regarded as the most rigid and
stable starting point for a high performance engine as evidenced by V8 Supercar control
engines.
· Forged steel crankshaft for strength and refinement under high power and torque loads.
· Oil pump is driven directly off the crankshaft. If the engine is running, the oil pump is
pumping. Eliminates the potential for engine failure that can occur when a separate oil pump
drive breaks and the engine continues to run.
· Deep skirt block, which extends well below crankshaft centerline and encloses the
crankshaft for maximum strength and refinement. This allows a non-structural low profile oil
pan with single plane oil seal and fully enclosed one-piece rear main bearing seal.
· Six-point main bearing location is comprised of two cross-bolts, two vertical bolts and two
vertical locating dowels for each main bearing cap. Together, they provide six-point
mounting with superior and more precise location compared to a six-bolt mounting. In
combination with the rigid deep skirt cast- iron block, they deliver exceptionally stable and
highly accurate crankshaft location for superior durability and refinement under high
performance loads.
· Highly accurate three-grade engine tolerance system measured in microns that matches
crankshafts, pistons, block, conrods and bearings within three measurement grades for perfect
fit. Accurate component matching by tolerances and weight improve performance, durability,
refinement and fuel consumption.
· Undersquare bore and stroke ratio delivers the flexibility, fast response and strong pulling
power from low engine speeds expected from a premium performance V8.
· Special high tensile bolts stretched under torque for maximum strength and extra resistance
to loosening are used in critical engine joins.
· Long life galvanized and stainless steel welch plugs.
· Sintered conrods for uniform weight and high strength. Conrod big ends are separated by
controlled cracking process for main bearing insertion leaving a highly accurate and multiridged
join unique to each conrod that is exceptionally strong and virtually invisible.
· Eight bolt flywheel clutch- mounting for uniform clutch attachment and strength.
Ford Performance Vehicles block upgrades for Boss 260
The FPV oil pan and oil pick-up shared with the Boss 290 features a front well to clear the
cross member and to provide adequate ground clearance compared to the rear well of US
engines. This oil pan was also subjected to exhaustive development under high "g" circle
work to avoid oil starvation under high cornering loads.
Ford Performance Vehicles head and ancillary upgrades for Boss 260
· Specific inlet camshaft to match the Boss inlet manifold and exhaust header system. This
camshaft matches the profile of the Mustang Cobra's inlet camshaft, an engine renowned in
Australia for its thoroughbred sporty feel.
· More upright long runner inlet manifold with tuned length intake trumpets to match
straighter inlet port for strong torque at lower engine speeds, accessible power at everyday
engine speeds and deep breathing at high engine speeds. Manufactured in Australia.
· Specific Boss fuel rail with upgraded injectors to suit inlet manifold, camshaft and cylinder
head characteristics. Specific high quality fuel lines with high-pressure unions.
· A 75mm throttle body with drive by wire throttle linkage. This replaces a mechanical
throttle linkage, which can generate a noise and vibration path into the cabin. It also reduces
maintenance, allows more accurate throttle control and optional pedal adjustment on
automatic models.
· The Boss cast alloy plenum cover is profiled for optimum breathing and to fully exploit the
raised bonnet clearance to meet the specific air flow and volume requirements of the Boss
intake system. Manufactured in Australia.
· Boss low restriction air- intake system developed and manufactured in Australia
incorporating the high volume conical filter element from the Mustang Cobra. Positioned and
shaped to deliver higher density cooler air with optimized air flow to meet volume
requirements of the inlet system. Tuned induction system also generates deep-breathing
sound commensurate with performance.
· Fabricated stainless steel exhaust headers up from T3's 1 three quarter inch to 1 7/8 inch
for a total breathing package to match the performance inlet manifold, high lift cam profiles
and 32 valve heads. This exhaust system also contributes to the deep and purposeful sound
that only a premium V8 performance engine can generate. Reduced weight compared to cast
exhaust manifolds. Manufactured in Australia.
· Cylinder head cooling system inlet pipes are sealed into the thermostat housing with dual
O-ring sealing system to maintain cooling system integrity under high temperatures.
Old 25-03-2014, 12:47 PM   #2438
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 

Little bit aggressive ^^^ there in your posting don't ya think ?

Now where are these goddam SPY pic's ??
Road Games is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2014, 01:18 PM   #2439
stevefreestyle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6menace View Post
Little bit aggressive ^^^ there in your posting don't ya think ?

Now where are these goddam SPY pic's ??
Perhaps I have an aversion to incompetent and ignorant BS, every single point in his post was complete fallacious rubbish, and I only dealt with one of them.
2 users like this post:
Old 25-03-2014, 01:20 PM   #2440
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

i'm really at the end of my rope with this

next off topic post will see the thread closed for a day
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2014, 01:22 PM   #2441
stevefreestyle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Farnsworth View Post
i'm really at the end of my rope with this

next off topic post will see the thread closed for a day
Sorry...thats two of us !
Old 25-03-2014, 01:33 PM   #2442
FalconXV
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevefreestyle View Post
What 2.3 ??? The new Mustang EB ? The Falcon has a 2.0 EB and its 353 Nm - a long way short of 407Nm.

You might be confusing the EB with the I6 4.0L EcoLPI which is 409Nm. Why not check before posting - if you are not sure of your facts???
I did check you clown. Yes I'm talking about the Mustangs new engine.
Im just trying to establish the validity of that article about FH power upgrades, which nobody can seem to produce. No need for you to act so menstrual. BTW you're one of the worst culprits derailing this thread so keep your criticism to yourself.

Last edited by FalconXV; 25-03-2014 at 01:41 PM.
2 users like this post:
Old 25-03-2014, 01:43 PM   #2443
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

will re-open later in the day when everyone can actually learn to stay on point and get along with one another.
2 users like this post:
Old 25-03-2014, 04:13 PM   #2444
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

ok back open, keep on track, had enough
Old 25-03-2014, 05:11 PM   #2445
buggo
[BU66OS]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Farnsworth View Post
ok back open, keep on track, had enough
I've gotta be honest, I'm over reading 47 pages of crap to see a pic and some discussion on the last Falcon before it loses the plot again.

I'd be happy to see it closed until spyman sends you or another mod a PM about a new pic he has, leave it open for 48 hours then close and repeat.

There has to be a better way to have a chat about the FH surely lads?

BA XR8 Manual
buggo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 25-03-2014, 05:32 PM   #2446
Sam1112
Over Macho Grande??

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Technical conbtributions 

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggo View Post
I've gotta be honest, I'm over reading 47 pages of crap to see a pic and some discussion on the last Falcon before it loses the plot again.

I'd be happy to see it closed until spyman sends you or another mod a PM about a new pic he has, leave it open for 48 hours then close and repeat.

There has to be a better way to have a chat about the FH surely lads?
Not to go off topic, but if they locked this topic I am sure there will be some idiots who all start posting new topics instead of confining the spam and irrelevant chit chat to this one. But if they do start spamming up the forums with new topics it will make it easier for the Admins to find them and give em the boot.
Sam1112 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2014, 06:22 PM   #2447
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevefreestyle View Post
If new wiring looms are the only change to the I6, where do they get the claimed fuel economy improvements from ??
Fords press release to announce 2014 Falcon clearly states aero improvements, new 6 speed auto and low rolling resistance tyres, for a gain of 5-6% economy.

And i have built some 201x engines and they are unchanged bar the wiring looms.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2014, 08:05 PM   #2448
dimka100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Why build 201X engines so early? are they for prototype/evaluation cars?

Also what about the various auxiliary engine parts such as exhaust bits, intake bits, cooling, ets ... does your build includes them as well or just the engine block/head?

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
Fords press release to announce 2014 Falcon clearly states aero improvements, new 6 speed auto and low rolling resistance tyres, for a gain of 5-6% economy.

And i have built some 201x engines and they are unchanged bar the wiring looms.
Old 25-03-2014, 10:03 PM   #2449
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimka100 View Post
Why build 201X engines so early? are they for prototype/evaluation cars?

Also what about the various auxiliary engine parts such as exhaust bits, intake bits, cooling, ets ... does your build includes them as well or just the engine block/head?

Thanks
What do you think the cars running around with camo are?? They built a set of prototypes last year.
Old 26-03-2014, 09:10 AM   #2450
martyal44
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Surely there are some test cars out there, even in the outback that someone can get some pictures of?
martyal44 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2014, 09:43 AM   #2451
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyal44 View Post
Surely there are some test cars out there, even in the outback that someone can get some pictures of?
What do you think spyman has been doing ?.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 26-03-2014, 04:50 PM   #2452
bigwil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Saw a VF commodore today completely covered up, not sure why since its been out mid last year. Number plates was YYS 165
bigwil is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2014, 05:02 PM   #2453
sixman

series 2??
Rear tyres: Toyo R888 265-30-19
3.5inch custom exhaust with imitation stock tip, PW Stage 2 cooler (black), ID 1000, XCAL3, Plazmaman intake, Herrod Spark Booster
BorgWarner EFR 9174
Autotech 420rwkw
sixman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2014, 05:09 PM   #2454
EgoFG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

New factory option ?
EgoFG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2014, 05:15 PM   #2455
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwil View Post
Saw a VF commodore today completely covered up, not sure why since its been out mid last year. Number plates was YYS 165
Left or right hand drive? Unless it was one of the old VF mules they are doing some sort of attribute testing for series 2 or something else.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2014, 05:37 PM   #2456
nstg8a

Probably something to steal some thunder from the rumoured 351 gt....
nstg8a is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2014, 06:00 PM   #2457
bigwil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior View Post
Left or right hand drive? Unless it was one of the old VF mules they are doing some sort of attribute testing for series 2 or something else.
Right hand drive, this was in Mulgrave area twin exhaust, got my camera out but crappy photos, when he saw that I had my camera he put his foot down but very quite must of been a six. The only thing that wasn't covered was the bonnet which is still the same and only the left hand side DRL was working.
bigwil is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2014, 06:34 PM   #2458
GT014

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwil View Post
If I had a vf I would cover it up too 😁

The higher end models are a bit better looking
though
Old 26-03-2014, 08:06 PM   #2459
spyman03
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy xr8 View Post
What do you think spyman has been doing ?.

Hey,

Shooting the production bodied Everest

And a standard white FG with a ********* big v8 noise;-)

Spyman
spyman03 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 26-03-2014, 08:12 PM   #2460
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyman03 View Post
Hey,

Shooting the production bodied Everest

And a standard white FG with a ********* big v8 noise;-)

Spyman
Anymore pic's to share mate ?, how's the Territory update going any spy pic's there or info ?,
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post