Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 19-05-2009, 10:18 PM   #241
vegabass
BASS ON BOARD!

I wanted the silver but the wife wanted Morello so thats what we got. Im sure it will grow on me

I have to say the dealer was awsome... no bull from the start I was in and out in about 20 mins.
Old 20-05-2009, 12:25 AM   #242
Zetec Dave

Well I guess we are (SUPPOSEDLY) nearing the end of our wait. Anyway, I ordered Moondust silver. Wifey was kinda going for the dark purple one but I convinced her to stick to silver as it shows the stance of the car and makes the car seem a little larger than if it were a darker colour. Any swirls won't show up as easily on silver cars than compared to dark cars.
Zetec Dave is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2009, 10:32 AM   #243
vegabass
BASS ON BOARD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetec Dave
Well I guess we are (SUPPOSEDLY) nearing the end of our wait. Anyway, I ordered Moondust silver. Wifey was kinda going for the dark purple one but I convinced her to stick to silver as it shows the stance of the car and makes the car seem a little larger than if it were a darker colour. Any swirls won't show up as easily on silver cars than compared to dark cars.

LOL, that was my point of view exactly and it would look awsome with black tinted windows. But Its her car Ill have 2 supercharged falcons to play with so its handy have at least 1 car that will always be in one piece to collect parts in
Old 20-05-2009, 01:16 PM   #244
Zetec Dave

Just got a call from the dealer today after chasing it up with them yesterday and was given more bad news (as expected). They said my car has been made and is going on the ship now and the car WILL be delivered by mid to late June. WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The guy bloody lied to me last month about the car already made and was on the ship 2 month ago and delivery on 26th May??? Surely you guys can understand my frustration!!! Not only are they constantly delaying month by month, they are not updating me on it until I hassle them and to top it off, they LIED to me!!!

I tell you what, this first experience of buying a Ford is not helping with first impressions. So the car better be worth the wait otherwise they have lost a customer.
Old 20-05-2009, 02:32 PM   #245
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I feel your frustration mate. I nearly ordered a Silver Zetec in January (mind you the car came in mid Feb) and the dealer principal, car sales person, finance guy, even the front counter ladies did nothing but lie to me. I for one think Ford dealerships (well the ones I've been in) are freaking horrible. Bad service, pushy, no knoledge of the cars and they lie like their life depends on it. Mind you I have had dealings with a fantastic dealership in Brisbane.
dannyhilton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2009, 09:11 PM   #246
ANGEL#3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Shocking news Dave, something you didn't need. Maybe some freebies are required mate.
ANGEL#3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2009, 09:55 PM   #247
vegabass
BASS ON BOARD!

Id be contacting ford head office and jump up and down about the bad expirence you have had. They might be able to do something maybe have it delivered to another dealership?
Old 20-05-2009, 10:41 PM   #248
Zetec Dave

Yeah I'm definately going to make a sound about this. Delaying delivery is one thing but lying just doesn't cut it.
I'll definately go by your advice guys and thanks for that. I'll see what the noise I make is going to do for me.
Old 21-05-2009, 05:34 PM   #249
Zetec Dave

Hi guys, just had a chat with the Sales manager regarding the lie and delay of my vehicle and he basically said its not their fault and its Ford Europe and not Ford Australia. He is willing to not revaluate my trade in vehicle and not charge me any extra due to the price rise for the inconvenience. Aparently, according to him, between now and September, there may be another 3 price rises totalling up to 5% increase on current prices. He also said that due to Australia being a relatively small market for Ford Europe, where Ford Australia sells 2000 fiesta in a year whilst Europe sells all that in one week or so, that's why we are slugged with the delay as they don't care as much about small markets hence we are the ones who suffer. So all in all, he confirmed 100% that I WILL be getting my car in June and no later!!! Lets see what happens eh?
Old 21-05-2009, 05:52 PM   #250
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

They sell way more than 2000 Fiesta's a DAY in Europe. But I beg to differ whos fault it is. If Ford Australia put a car up for sale and can not deliver what they sell then clearly it is their fault, they should be able to organise themselves to get the cars here. I've been thinking it's not really worth ordering a Zetec from your local dealer since there has been a couple of dealers post on here that they have some Zetecs in stock right now ready to drive away. If I was going to buy one now I'd just make the drive to pick one up from who ever has the stock.

We took ours to Melbourne the other day, I tell you what Ford are really missing out on some sales if the amount of green Mazda 2's I saw are anything to go by :!) seems every second car was one of them. I only saw one new Fiesta all day in the city and that was ours. I think a magenta Fiesta would have looked very bling there in the middle of all the downtown concrete
greenfoam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2009, 07:30 PM   #251
ANGEL#3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Hi guys, just had a chat with the Sales manager regarding the lie and delay of my vehicle and he basically said its not their fault and its Ford Europe and not Ford Australia. He is willing to not revaluate my trade in vehicle and not charge me any extra due to the price rise for the inconvenience. Aparently, according to him, between now and September, there may be another 3 price rises totalling up to 5% increase on current prices. He also said that due to Australia being a relatively small market for Ford Europe, where Ford Australia sells 2000 fiesta in a year whilst Europe sells all that in one week or so, that's why we are slugged with the delay as they don't care as much about small markets hence we are the ones who suffer. So all in all, he confirmed 100% that I WILL be getting my car in June and no later!!! Lets see what happens eh?
Very interesting read. My dealer has not said boo about the price rise or to revaluate my trade. So it's going to be very interesting when I go and pick the car up on Tuesday 26/05 this is when the dealer had told me the car would be ready.

At least the dealer is offering you something there Dave. One thing I would do mate is get your dealership to put that in writing, something you can fall back on if the car doesn’t arrive by the due date. Let’s just hope your car in be the end of June. Fingers crossed mate.
Old 21-05-2009, 09:41 PM   #252
vegabass
BASS ON BOARD!

Zetec Dave, dont fall for it. sales managers are bigger sharks than the salesman. he is the guy thats controlling the puppet (salesman)

They have undertraded you on your trade so by them saying we wont re-value is an absolute joke. Remember you signed a contract, imagine if you decided that you wanted to re negotiate the deal $1000 cheaper for no reason.....well you could see them laughing at you.

Dealerships make more money on traded cars then they do in selling a new one.
Old 22-05-2009, 12:23 AM   #253
Zetec82
Starter Motor

Hey guys, I was a Mid Feb order in Brissy, was told August delivery about 2 weeks ago. Told them to get F*#@ed. Got my deposit back and bought a different car. The Ford people I have dealt with a liers and I am never going to deal with their fat, inbred, stupid ***** again. Enjoy the cars if they ever arrive.
Zetec82 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2009, 03:25 PM   #254
vegabass
BASS ON BOARD!

Zetec82, what a shame. But good on you for telling them where to go. It doesnt do anyone any good to lie on a sale.
Old 22-05-2009, 05:38 PM   #255
Ben85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetec82
Hey guys, I was a Mid Feb order in Brissy, was told August delivery about 2 weeks ago. Told them to get F*#@ed. Got my deposit back and bought a different car. The Ford people I have dealt with a liers and I am never going to deal with their fat, inbred, stupid ***** again. Enjoy the cars if they ever arrive.
Good on ya mate!!!! Shame that it had to come to that, but thats what ford needs to give them a kick in the **** and maybe encourage them to tell the truth a bit. I'd ring ford australia as well, just to let them no the kinds of things there dealerships are doing to there customers.

Interior:- MOMO Blue Leather Gear Knob, Window tint, Scuff Plates, ST Black & Blue Leather seats, Soundstream Amp & 5x7 speakers, Sony Headunit, Pioneer sub & Amp.

Under the Hood:- Superchips ECU Flash Tune, Denso Iridium plugs, KV85 Magnecor Leads, BMC CDA Induction.

Exterior:- Spoiler, clear side repeaters, Lowered (35mm) King Springs, Whiteline 22mm Rear sway bar, 2" cat back exhaust with a dual conversion, Konig 17" Hotswap with Kumho Rubber, HID's.
Ben85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2009, 06:37 PM   #256
ANGEL#3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ford Customer Service should give you a call a few months after the sale. I have received 3 calls from Ford/FPV since I brought the GT back in late 07.

When or if Ford call I'll let them know then how poor the customer service is at the dealership along with all the Bulls**t lies, but If I don't receive a call from Ford I'll be making the call to Ford to let them know.
Old 22-05-2009, 06:40 PM   #257
ANGEL#3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Oops sorry doubled post
Old 22-05-2009, 07:03 PM   #258
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've had no call about the Fiesta at all, and it's been a while now
Old 22-05-2009, 11:18 PM   #259
Zetec Dave

I'm not surprised if your dealer's doing the same thing as mine by not calling and updating you when they're supposed to. They keep making empty promises about returning your calls and keeping you updated but don't count on it cause they seem to prefer to buy themselves time by not calling and leaving you to hang until you call and harass them.

By the way, I'm definately going to write a formal complaint and make a call to Ford Australia regarding these issues about delayed delivery and lying especially if they ever do decide to make an over the phone or written survey.

Greenfoam, when was yours supposed to be due again?
Old 23-05-2009, 09:41 AM   #260
vegabass
BASS ON BOARD!

Lets see what happens this week! mine is due.
Old 23-05-2009, 10:18 AM   #261
Candyman2
Zetec 09 5 DR in Vision

Quote:
especially if they ever do decide to make an over the phone or written survey.
The phone survey I did was only about the vehicle itself (although I gave plenty of unwanted feedback about delivery delays)

Took a good 30 minutes although the lady was pretty good doing the questions.

Good luck with deliveries guys, fingers crossed
Candyman2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2009, 12:19 PM   #262
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Greenfoam, when was yours supposed to be due again?
Oh I was talking about a call from Ford to see how we like the car . We've had ours since Feb, we changed colour and bought one that was in stock as soon as I realised all this 2 week wait spin they were telling me wasn't going to happen (some other dealers told me I would be waiting till June) so we just got pretty much the last one anyone had at the time. It's almost due for the 15k service, I don't know if rattles are fixable under warrenty but it has a fairly big rattle in/under? the drivers front pillar, loud enough to be annoying compared to any rattle in my VP Commodore. Apart from that it's all good.

The gearbox does get stiff like a old person on cold mornings/nights but it's fine once it warms up. That's not a fault or a problem, just something I've noticed since the weathers been colder. My wife nearly managed to kill me the other day in it and I can assure you all it handles well and the stability control works !: )

Last edited by greenfoam; 23-05-2009 at 12:25 PM.
Old 23-05-2009, 01:45 PM   #263
Zetec Dave

Ha Ha LOL!!! Actually my wife nearly ran me over the other day by reversing into me when I was changing over the rego plates on our vehicle for trade in. Don't know why she wan't wearing her glasses cause she looks hot with them on not to mention the safety of better vision so she doesn't go running me over again.
Old 23-05-2009, 06:22 PM   #264
Daymoe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just a statement from me but I was at AutoCentro today at Essendon Victoria and there is a 5sp manual Zetec WS For sale sitting there in the Ford yard. I think its an ex demo though. Its this gray/blue sort of color.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
ive got the weight gain bit mastered, Colonel Sanders is my personal trainer.

As to weight loss, nah, im a fat bastard and proud of it, im going to die from a massive heart attack, for theres nothing worse then lying around in hospital dying from nothing.
Daymoe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2009, 05:45 PM   #265
vegabass
BASS ON BOARD!

Well my zetec has landed in OZ in brissy and well I can expect it 1 day after it arrives at the dealership. it landed on the 23rd. Out of 40 cars there were 2 that was being sent to my dealership.

Bring it on.
Old 25-05-2009, 06:36 PM   #266
Zetec Dave

Congrats mate. Not too much longer to go for you then. Enjoy.
Old 25-05-2009, 07:25 PM   #267
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Looks like a fair few people finally getting the cars. Who's still waiting?
Old 25-05-2009, 07:51 PM   #268
Vision Zetec
Hurry up Germany!!

Me :(
Old 25-05-2009, 09:26 PM   #269
Zetec Dave

Unfortunately I'm still waiting. I'd be very surprised if my dealer calls me prior to June to say that my car is here. Looks like they are going to go stretch it all the way til at least end of June :
Old 25-05-2009, 10:28 PM   #270
vegabass
BASS ON BOARD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegabass
Well my zetec has landed in OZ in brissy and well I can expect it 1 day after it arrives at the dealership. it landed on the 23rd. Out of 40 cars there were 2 that was being sent to my dealership.

Bring it on.

Sorry just reading my last post its incorrect

Out of 40 cars being delivered to the ACT dealership only 2 of them are Zetec fiestas.

Im starting to get a bit worried, Every monday the top sales man (jye) calls my wife and has a long chat to her :

I dont care as long as I get a iluminated gear knob, scuff plates and alloy pedals! lol