Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 25-04-2007, 09:40 PM   #241
JAZSXY
Parts Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholas
oh yeah, just looking at all pics and can not for the life of me work out how anyone can say its in crappy condition like a few did in their posts,this is also rust free and no its never been smashed or had rust repairs
needs a good clean, polish, wax, degrease and steam clean of the interior that is all. im curious as to how it runs? unless its been started every week for 25yrs everything would almost be in a frozen state i would imagine being unused for that long.

frenzal56, falconxr, loosecannon, lima_been, bo5ton, Mardk, Chapter Four, leakey, POELWYK, Dman4.0, rayban76, tutor, PridenJoy, Aplito Futura, sbutler, Bosko, storta1, portokatsiki, AUte, 5.8, xxxg, FTW-302, LeadFoot81, Peuty, BillM, Sox, needfordspeed, watejs06, CATXR8
Old 25-04-2007, 09:50 PM   #242
Tribal
OCD keeps me busy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chich
I'm not going to get caught up in this debate again.
There is no debate, we're just admiring a classic. Add something positive or shut the hell up.
Old 25-04-2007, 10:00 PM   #243
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Nick once again thanks for pics..brings back memories and like everyone else if I ever won 20mil on tatts I'd have one.

CHICH..p/o your becoming a real a/h you and I have had words before on other stuff if you like I'll have another go which will see us both banned but for the sake of this thread I'm willing.!!!!

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
Old 25-04-2007, 10:12 PM   #244
Nostalgia
LOW AND SLOW

For christ sake guys lets settle down. This is a Ford Forum and here you are arguing over what is the ultimate pinnacle of Ford History. This car even in its current condition should be used on the banner for this Forum. Mods should of banned alot of you by now so think yourselves lucky and lets keep this excellent thread alive. Yes i have been banned in the past for making unjust posts and i have learnt. Cheers.
Old 25-04-2007, 10:32 PM   #245
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Its all in the way the opinion is put..think about.... I will say no more.

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
Old 25-04-2007, 10:39 PM   #246
Nostalgia
LOW AND SLOW

Cmon mods its time to start kickin some backsides. Lets keep this on topic. Its a great thread. We all have differing opinions which we are all free to share but there is a time when you must say to yourself, hey these guys are having fun and i dont wanna spoil it for them, maybe i will just keep my opinion to myself. You dont have to change your opinion, just keep it to yourself sometimes. Personally im still drooling over this find as alot of us on here are so lets keep it nice.
Old 25-04-2007, 11:48 PM   #247
blur1
el wagon

do you guys think if the car was left as-is, they could open a 'mueseum like' look of the car somewhere for $10?... i know i would pay $10bucks to look at it unrestored like that..... then after say a year or so the money could be used to restore it to pristine condition maybe?.
Old 26-04-2007, 12:18 AM   #248
blackjack
Starter Motor

any more pics besides the ones already posted up? Wouldn't have an E-49 Charger there by any chance
Old 26-04-2007, 12:38 AM   #249
GRNKPR
DPC PERFORMANCE Race prep

just a couple of Questions if it was so good and experts have had a look at it and a few by the sounds of it why hasnt it sold and you say $800 000 they are asking that price or thats offers ? what price do they want ,all questions just curious

i know of several ho s in Griffith and its a few family gathering cars and storing them

FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria

Ford Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car Club
Old 26-04-2007, 12:42 AM   #250
OLDFORDNUT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

they are asking for $1,000000
Old 26-04-2007, 12:44 AM   #251
GRNKPR
DPC PERFORMANCE Race prep

Quote:

how many have looked at it

FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria

Ford Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car Club
Old 26-04-2007, 01:01 AM   #252
AussieJason

Quote:
Has any GTHO sale broken the $1mil barrier yet ? I may be wrong but I didn't think one has sold for that much yet.

Previous Falcons:
2003 BA Falcon XL Ute White
1994 EF Falcon GLi Aqua

bseries.com.au Member

And drive a Holden company car...
Old 26-04-2007, 01:59 AM   #253
F6BF

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieJason
Has any GTHO sale broken the $1mil barrier yet ? I may be wrong but I didn't think one has sold for that much yet.
Have heard that the Murray Carter PH 3 has just been sold for 1.8 mil.....dont know how true that is maybe someone can confirm
XR8 Sprint winter white
GTF Octane manual

FS: ZF 6 sp trans & converter out of stock BF mk2 typhoon
Old 26-04-2007, 08:34 AM   #254
OLDFORDNUT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRNKPR
how many have looked at it
i dont know ,i know of 3 but i have not spoken to him since last Sunday
Old 26-04-2007, 11:42 AM   #255
Deviateboy
Banned

Nice car.
I know of 6 HO's locked up in a shed....but it's in california and it's those chicks that want to be the next pussy cat doll! ha ha ha
I hope it doesn't get restored, I have seen an XY GT in Adelaide that does the show circuit a bit and the thing looks TOO good, no little ford quirks in it at all (like my XA GS with Calypso Green showing through under the "factory" copper bronze)
If he gets a mill so be it. I would pay top dollar if I could be the second owner of a low mile classic. But I would drive it and therefore devalue it a bit....catch 22 situation.
It's like the HO I know is somewhere in western vic left in a shed somewhere waiting for me, I just gotta find it first. Hopefully it will we be an ex-ford racer too.....Oh hang on I am asleep dreaming again.......Must have been put to sleep by the amount of time it took me to read through all the DRIBBLE posts in this thread...
But I guess mine is sorta verging on dribble too....
Old 26-04-2007, 11:50 AM   #256
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I believe it was sold last week.

Old 26-04-2007, 01:07 PM   #257
Quasi
Boss 290 BA GT Goodness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_4.0
for 32,000 miles that car is a mess. i smell a rat.
For those miles it looks as though it's had a VERY hard life.

Quote:
theres one in every crowd,you goose. it has all books and service history to varify, this is not a restored item but a real car that was driven over lots of Victorian country roads for several years before been put away. go and annoy someone else
Don't be such an arrogant ****. The guy is voicing an opinion, and has every right too. If he meant there was some sort of swifty going on then he needs to rethink his stance, but apart from that he has every right to feel the vehicle is lookin' rough....I do too.....
The Toy - 03 BA GT In 'Venom', Silver BF Stripe Kit, Non-Premium Sound, Cloth Trim, Auto, 19" Staggered Vertini, Custom Exhaust, Roof DVD

Member of the FPV & XR Owners Club of ACT

Web Links To Check Out

Shannons Club Garage

Facebook Photo Albums

Last edited by Quasi; 26-04-2007 at 01:13 PM.
Old 26-04-2007, 01:41 PM   #258
Bill_R
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAZSXY
im curious as to how it runs? unless its been started every week for 25yrs everything would almost be in a frozen state i would imagine being unused for that long.
ditto.
Old 26-04-2007, 02:35 PM   #259
OLDFORDNUT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasi

Don't be such an arrogant ****. The guy is voicing an opinion, and has every right too. If he meant there was some sort of swifty going on then he needs to rethink his stance, but apart from that he has every right to feel the vehicle is lookin' rough....I do too.....
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
good on you
Old 26-04-2007, 03:00 PM   #260
TZENU
XY Driv3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
I believe it was sold last week.

Any idea on what the final price was?
Old 26-04-2007, 03:42 PM   #261
Squalo
Two Wheels Good

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Quote:
No, it looks like those cars looked back then. Owners weren't as precious about them as people are today.

When our XB GT blew coolant all over the engine bay on a trip to Batemans Bay (in 1977 from memory), the problem was fixed - and that's it! No cleaning up, just get in and drive. It almost always had roofracks on it to carry our canoes - we drilled a hole in the front bar for a hook to tie ropes to. In winter the rear Aungers came off and a pair of crap looking black 12-slotters went on (as the snowchains didn't fit the Aungers). Detailing? What's that?
1969 Kombi
Old 26-04-2007, 04:27 PM   #262
DirtyHarry
Do you feel lucky?

Quote:

FFS the car's been sitting in a shed for almost 30 years - how do you expect it to look?

Even when it was parked it was 6-7 years old, and had done 50,000km!!

Of course it won't look immaculate.

My AU Fairmont is only 7 years old, and that HO looks heaps better. And I even give mine a wash every month or two. The HO hasn't had a wash in three decades!!

The dust on the HO looks very superficial to me, and I could only dream that my interior and boot looked that clean.

Nicholas is right and you are wrong. Black and white. Not a skerrick of doubt about it.

Now don't be such an arrogant ****.
Old 26-04-2007, 04:33 PM   #263
Emmzy
AU XR8 220

God some of you guys can carry on...hehe

I dont know how anybody can keep a nice car like that sitting there for that long, but this is pretty amazing!!

Well done to the seller....and if people want to spend that much buying really expensive cars....good on their posh wallets ;)
Old 27-04-2007, 04:57 PM   #264
OLDFORDNUT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

well it has sold for an undeclared amount (new owner asked it to be kept private)over last offer but less than asking price.mate promised some more photo's soon ,
i will post as soon as i get any.
cheers Nicholas,
and to all those who inferred it was dodgy somehow,it passed all inspections by at least one of Australia's HO experts,
Old 27-04-2007, 06:16 PM   #265
xwgasaxe
under new management

Nicholas,
Thanks for giving me the oportunity to purchase this low milage GTHO, It will look excellent parked next to my XW and give the missus something to drive to the shops.
Old 27-04-2007, 06:24 PM   #266
JAZSXY
Parts Fiend

i was just about to ask whether it was sold through here not elsewhere.

frenzal56, falconxr, loosecannon, lima_been, bo5ton, Mardk, Chapter Four, leakey, POELWYK, Dman4.0, rayban76, tutor, PridenJoy, Aplito Futura, sbutler, Bosko, storta1, portokatsiki, AUte, 5.8, xxxg, FTW-302, LeadFoot81, Peuty, BillM, Sox, needfordspeed, watejs06, CATXR8
Old 27-04-2007, 07:29 PM   #267
DirtyHarry
Do you feel lucky?

Congratulations re the purchase xwgasaxe!! When do you get it home?
Old 27-04-2007, 07:49 PM   #268
SuperRoo69
The Silver Fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6BF
Have heard that the Murray Carter PH 3 has just been sold for 1.8 mil.....dont know how true that is maybe someone can confirm
This is not true... the car has not been sold... and is not for sale!!! Confirmed by the owner today!!!
Old 27-04-2007, 07:50 PM   #269
OLDFORDNUT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

thats a surprise, i had no idea it was going to Perth.
lucky you
Old 27-04-2007, 08:08 PM   #270
Phase II
High Performance

Well done id love to see it cleaned up and in the sun to see the true condition.
Closed Thread