Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 28-09-2012, 06:15 PM   #1
Uncle_Ken
Next upgraded Mk1 Leopard
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always putting some imput into the forums to help or make it a bit easier for others Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 
Default Proof I can still drive a real manual

My kids said I couldn't do it, drive a real manual after 10 years driving autos. So one afternoon at Extreme off road @ Colo Heigths I I got to play with a WRX Turbo on the dirt.

I was a nice drive out (lots of bikes on the Putty Rd and 2 unmakered cop cars). 8 laps and one fast lap. Only got 4th once, 2nd and 3rd most of the time to keep the WRX on boost.

UK

How 2's: Change rear view mirror, Install backfire valve, Change foam front seats, Install auto transmission cooler, Replace Trans Shift Globe, Remove front door Trim, Paint AU headlights, install door spears, Premium Rear Parcel Shelf, go here...
Uncle_Ken is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-09-2012, 11:53 PM   #2
au11futura
ROCKING THE EL FUTURA

Default Re: Proof I can still drive a real manual

once you have learnt how to drive man you never loose it. its one of those skills that permanatly stay with you.....

My build that was http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11267696

ENVI BA XR6T
BUILD THREAD..http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11345961 TAKEN BY THE EX
NOW A EL FUTURA

EB MONTY NOW IN THE SHED
BACK IN THE E-SERIES

THREAD DIGGEr
au11futura is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2012, 09:35 AM   #3
Uncle_Ken
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always putting some imput into the forums to help or make it a bit easier for others Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by au11futura
once you have learnt how to drive man you never loose it. its one of those skills that permanatly stay with you.....

I must agree with you. After 1 lap I was double shuffling and enjoying the dirt. I was worried that I would spend most of the time looking for gear and forgetting to use the clutch.

UK
How 2's: Change rear view mirror, Install backfire valve, Change foam front seats, Install auto transmission cooler, Replace Trans Shift Globe, Remove front door Trim, Paint AU headlights, install door spears, Premium Rear Parcel Shelf, go here...
Old 30-09-2012, 11:03 PM   #4
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ah you did well mate, looks like a lot of fun, i`m probably not far behind you, i have been driving auto`s for a long time now, let me guess your gonna buy a suby ??
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2012, 08:12 PM   #5
Uncle_Ken
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik
ah you did well mate, looks like a lot of fun, i`m probably not far behind you, i have been driving auto`s for a long time now, let me guess your gonna buy a suby ??
No I want to keep my licence
First in a Turbo Suby though. Would like to drive it on the Putty Rd (no cops or bikes around of course)

UK