Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 05-02-2005, 10:56 AM   #31
MustangNicko
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Funny that because their style of music would sit in the "heavy metal" genre ;)
MustangNicko is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2005, 12:03 PM   #32
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangNicko
How did it kick ***? The production was shit, the atmosphere was shit, the venue was shit, they sounded out of whack and didnt even look like they wanted to be there. Thank G** it was Metallica.
The last bit was all that mattered.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2005, 12:38 PM   #33
Pik0

Didnt there drummer **** off to the murder dolls and corey and james start stone sour?
Pik0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2005, 09:21 PM   #34
Mark351
Built Ford Tough

Quote:
Funny that because their style of music would sit in the "heavy metal" genre ;)
So, still not heavy ENOUGH. :sm_headba _2:
Mark351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2005, 11:05 PM   #35
MustangNicko
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I like all styles of metal. From extreme grindcore to hatecore to melodic shit. But theres just something about slipknot that makes me go nuts lol
Old 06-02-2005, 12:06 PM   #36
XR8GRL
Powered by Tickford

Quote:
I like all styles of metal. From extreme grindcore to hatecore to melodic shit. But theres just something about slipknot that makes me go nuts lol
"core" is not metal.

SILHOUETTE AUII XR8
Leather, Premium sound, Momo S/wheel & gear knob, Sunroof, 20" Advanti Desires, Bulge, XR50 Front, Pacemaker extractors,
Ballistic cats, 2.5" cat back system, Rebel bar & skirts, XR scuff plates, Kings SL & SSL springs
XR8GRL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2005, 02:40 PM   #37
MustangNicko
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hardcore isnt metal? hmm
Old 06-02-2005, 07:29 PM   #38
oneredED
need more boost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Chicken
Well the Sydney Myer Music Bowl was hardly the best place to hold a Metallica concert. Reguardless it still kicked ****.
Quote:
How did it kick ***? The production was shit, the atmosphere was shit, the venue was shit, they sounded out of whack and didnt even look like they wanted to be there. Thank G** it was Metallica.
I went and loved it. No atmosphere? You were probably one of the fools in the seated section. I was in the general admin right on the fence in the centre, and the atmosphere kicked ****! I have a question, do you like their new album? Most fans don't and so i was one of only a few people (about 1/2 in my area) who got into the new stuff (can't remember which song it was, i think St Anger and frantic) but the rest of the concert went off where i was standing.

I loved the chanting that got started by some random dude next to me (aimed at the people in the seated section in front of us) repeating over and over until a better line was though up.
"we are the real fans"
"go back to toorak"
followed by "centrelink paid for my ticket" LOL

Last edited by oneredED; 06-02-2005 at 07:32 PM.
oneredED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2005, 08:06 PM   #39
Mark351
Built Ford Tough

Quote:
Hardcore isnt metal? hmm
No, that's why they call it hardcore...

This new metalcore trend is disturbing too. It's as if all these hardcore bands realised their riffs lacked balls, began copying melodic swedish stuff like in flames and dark tranquility, but kept the shouty vocals... :ymca:
Old 06-02-2005, 08:13 PM   #40
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneredED
I have a question, do you like their new album?
In a word, No. (damn 20 character rule for replys)
Old 06-02-2005, 08:19 PM   #41
Interceptor'85
Interceptin'

Quote:
I went and loved it. No atmosphere? You were probably one of the fools in the seated section. I was in the general admin right on the fence in the centre, and the atmosphere kicked ****! I have a question, do you like their new album? Most fans don't and so i was one of only a few people (about 1/2 in my area) who got into the new stuff (can't remember which song it was, i think St Anger and frantic) but the rest of the concert went off where i was standing.

I loved the chanting that got started by some random dude next to me (aimed at the people in the seated section in front of us) repeating over and over until a better line was though up.
"we are the real fans"
"go back to toorak"
Toootally agree there onredED! The Metallica concert was bluddy awesome!!! Played an awesome set list and General admin was great. I agree SMMB wasn't the best venue. Seats infront of the stage for a metal concert! WTF! But when they came out and the crowd just crushed together, that was awesome! Intense moshing for the first few songs. I was glad when the rain came ... cooled me off.

But yeah the chanting was awesome, the "oooh-eee-um" and that funny guy at the barrier that looked like hetfield from "I disappear".

With the St. anger album, I was disappointed when I first heard it, but it grew on me. Still reckon they're older stuff is the best. IMO Bob rock sucks. He doesn't let Met choose how they wanna sound, as you can see in Some kinda monster doco.

The Metallica concert rocked! And that's that :
'XA Muscle'

Interceptor'85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2005, 09:14 PM   #42
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by back2thefutura
In a word, No. (damn 20 character rule for replys)
Sheesh. You're like a car fan trolling on the opposition's forum...

Quote:
Originally Posted by EF_Machine
He doesn't let Met choose how they wanna sound, as you can see in Some kinda monster doco.[/SIZE]
DVD on sale around the 10th IIRC. From what I remember from the doco, his changes on St Anger actually made sense. I'm hoping it comes with heaps of extras.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2005, 09:25 PM   #43
b2tf
not here much anymore

Im not quite sure what you mean by that?
Old 06-02-2005, 10:04 PM   #44
MustangNicko
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathXR
No, that's why they call it hardcore...

This new metalcore trend is disturbing too. It's as if all these hardcore bands realised their riffs lacked balls, began copying melodic swedish stuff like in flames and dark tranquility, but kept the shouty vocals... :ymca:
Hardcore / Metalcore same shit. Its just another name for it. Dark Tranquility and In Flames melodic??? Dont think so man.
Old 06-02-2005, 10:08 PM   #45
Mark351
Built Ford Tough

Quote:
Hardcore / Metalcore same shit. Its just another name for it. Dark Tranquility and In Flames melodic??? Dont think so man.
Huh? What In Flames/Dark Tranquility are you listening to then? They've long been referred to as Swedish melodic death metal - and the death part is probbaly the least applicable these days...

It's definitely melodic compared to other Swedish death like Dismember, old Entombed, Vomitory, Unleashed, etc.
Old 06-02-2005, 10:12 PM   #46
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Quote:
"we are the real fans"
"go back to toorak"
lol that was funny shit. Seriously, seats for Metallica, what were people thinking?!
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2005, 10:14 PM   #47
MustangNicko
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
No atmosphere? You were probably one of the fools in the seated section
err i was in General Admin... and the seated area would of been heaps better... you didnt have to sit down the whole time, the seats were empty, everyone was at the stage... at Metallica's feet... yer, real foolish. I did like their new album, but it will never compete with Ride The Lightning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EF_Machine
But yeah the chanting was awesome, the "oooh-eee-um"
That chant is from The Frayed Ends of Sanity just in case you didnt know
Old 06-02-2005, 10:21 PM   #48
MustangNicko
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathXR
Huh? What In Flames/Dark Tranquility are you listening to then? They've long been referred to as Swedish melodic death metal - and the death part is probbaly the least applicable these days...

It's definitely melodic compared to other Swedish death like Dismember, old Entombed, Vomitory, Unleashed, etc.
Of course its going to be claimed "melodic" compared to them... Madonna sounds pretty melodic compared to Meshuggah too. Apparently At The Gates are known to be melodic death metal too LOL
Old 06-02-2005, 10:27 PM   #49
Mark351
Built Ford Tough

Quote:
Of course its going to be claimed "melodic" compared to them... Madonna sounds pretty melodic compared to Meshuggah too. Apparently At The Gates are known to be melodic death metal too LOL
Well duh, that's why it is called melodic then, as to not confuse with classic Swedish death... geez. The music has melody, so how is it not melodic then?

..and hardcore and metalcore are not the same thing. Real hardcore sounds nothing like metalcore, except perhaps the vocals.
Old 06-02-2005, 10:31 PM   #50
Interceptor'85
Interceptin'

Quote:
That chant is from The Frayed Ends of Sanity just in case you didnt know
Yeah I knew that :P I've got all the albums. It worked the best as a chant!

I tried a "hit the lights" chant right before they actually did just that, but it didnt catch chant-wise.
'XA Muscle'

Last edited by Interceptor'85; 06-02-2005 at 10:33 PM.
Interceptor'85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2005, 08:21 AM   #51
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by back2thefutura
Im not quite sure what you mean by that?
It's simple. It's clear that you don't like this genre of music, but you thought you'd stick your mush in and tell everyone that, including alluding that anyone who'd go see them live is crazy. Then a question is asked about whether someone else liked their new album and you reply!!

Slipknot has a sound that really appeals to me and I don't think I'm crazy because it does. I'm sure our musical tastes differ greatly and if you were to tell me what they were, I certainly wouldn't feel I was superior because of it.
Old 07-02-2005, 08:53 AM   #52
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Chicken
lol that was funny shit. Seriously, seats for Metallica, what were people thinking?!
I remember seeing Anthrax many years ago at the Enmore Theatre and about the first 15 rows of the bolted down seats were obliterated. I don't think they ever played there again :