Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 19-01-2024, 01:14 AM   #6781
LUX-AU
Starter Motor

Default Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hi all I’m Connor
Owner of a s1 Fairmont factory v8 wagon and a s3 forte xr mock
The wagon is an s2 Ltd wagon mock
LUX-AU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2024, 02:44 PM   #6782
EAI990
Starter Motor

Hi All
I was a member about 15 years ago when I had my last Falcon. Got an old EA about six months ago and have been slowly tidying it up for club rego. still heaps to do but enjoying getting out in it when ever I can..
I am sure I will need to access the vast quantities of info in my endeavour to preserve the old girl. I will post some pics soon
thanks
Will
EAI990 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2024, 02:50 PM   #6783
EAI990
Starter Motor

EAI990 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2024, 08:31 PM   #6784
SRV
Starter Motor

G'day. I have a 83 XE Fairmont (not the Ghia ) My brother has an FG Mk1 that's having problems. Glad to have found a workshop manual via this site.
SRV is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-01-2024, 04:58 PM   #6785
CheerXR8
Starter Motor

Hi all I am hoping you might be able to help me, I have a 1994 XR8 sprint and we are looking for and aircon pump for it. Our mechanic can't seem to find on in NZ any help would be appreciated ty.
CheerXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-01-2024, 11:22 PM   #6786
2013fgute
Starter Motor

New here , have a 2013 fg Ute.

Anything I should be concerned or worried about ? It’s a new purchase had 120k , everything seems pretty good so far.

Looking to learn alot from this forum.
2013fgute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2024, 12:48 AM   #6787
Gordi
Starter Motor

Hi All, running an 2010 FG Falcon Ute since new, $27,490...amazing how you dont forget some numbers....lol..sitting at 435,000klm, I hit a roo with it after 18 months, had insurance fix it thankfully, $ 4500 worth of repairs to the front end, and 9 months ago, i cleaned up an Emu, this time......into the garage it went, $1000 bucks worth of parts, 7 days of running around buying and installing second hand parts.....and voia.....back to work I went. Mechanic touched the gearbox around the 200k mark, dropped the wrong fluid into it, it immediately started to clunk overtaking on the highway, anyhow, a conversation about the auto gearbox oil specifics had him assuring me the penrite oil he used was to spec, which turns out after having a second hand gearbox installed, it should have never been used, live and learn on that one.....When I first bought it, i would drive on the highway with no shoes and by big toe just touching the accelerator......hardly a press to coast the 120 klm/hr.....shes now needing a bit more of a press and id love to get the ol girl back to that soft touch i loved so much....and here I am. So gday to all, looking forward and hoping to hear some stories about your ford adventures and or mishaps....and soaking up some wisdom from those that dont need to learn a lesson twice!
Gordi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 05-02-2024, 08:05 AM   #6788
Antonio491
Starter Motor

Hi All!

I'm Antonio your friendly neighborhood gutter cleaner with a passion for all things Ford. Whether I'm up high keeping gutters spotless or hitting the streets in my trusty Ford, I'm here to share tips, swap stories, and soak in the Ford love. Excited to join this community and rev up the conversation!
Antonio491 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2024, 09:01 AM   #6789
XKyleX
Starter Motor

Gday guys,

Kyle here from south west Sydney.

About to be the owner of a hand me down 1999 AU XR8 falcon. My old man is a big ford guy and had a FG F6 among 2 daily drivers and wants to get a boat so offered me the AU so he has some room in the shed!

It’s pretty much stock, 174xxxs on the clock with a fresh factory colour respray. I plan to do the usual/tasteful modifications to it, suspension/exhaust/wheels and use it as a nice cruiser to take the family out on weekends
XKyleX is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2024, 10:43 AM   #6790
Rowdy49
Starter Motor

G'Day
Thank you for the acceptance. I have an SZ diesel territory. looking forward to wealth of information and knowledge on this forum.
Rowdy49 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2024, 02:55 PM   #6791
Marshy72
Starter Motor

Hi guys

Thanks to the admin team for adding me , I currently have a 06 Fiesta 1.6L 16v which is a commute car for work.
Looking forward to giving and receiving advice from this site.
Marshy72 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2024, 08:49 AM   #6792
Janal
Starter Motor

Hello to you all and thanks for accepting me into the forum, I haven't had a ford since I was a teen but have just brought a 2020 Ford Escape ST Line, taking me a bit of time to get used to the switch around with the wipers and blinkers being reversed haha. It's a nice drive though. 4 weeks into owning it I had a break down and lost all displays internally everything just went black. Been at the ford dealers now for a week and they can't figure out whats wrong with it. Can someone point me in the right forum direction of where I could get some suggestions of what could possibly be wrong with it. Thanks all...... cheers
Janal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2024, 09:47 PM   #6793
Trendseeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janal View Post
Hello to you all and thanks for accepting me into the forum, I haven't had a ford since I was a teen but have just brought a 2020 Ford Escape ST Line, taking me a bit of time to get used to the switch around with the wipers and blinkers being reversed haha. It's a nice drive though. 4 weeks into owning it I had a break down and lost all displays internally everything just went black. Been at the ford dealers now for a week and they can't figure out whats wrong with it. Can someone point me in the right forum direction of where I could get some suggestions of what could possibly be wrong with it. Thanks all...... cheers
Post it in the sub forum for Escape, Kuga here: https://www.fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=172
Old 21-02-2024, 09:00 PM   #6794
Alistair Broadbent
AlBro

Hi - a long time now since signing up... but finally here with an intro. of sorts.
Probably best described by youth as an 'Old Fart' - I allow lies from my mirror by not putting on my specs, but, I have to admit: My best laugh is when I look without my falsies in❗
I've yet to update my profile in the forum - another 'Ill get around to it'.

The longish😊description of my Car: 2013 Ford Territory SZ TS Wagon 7seat 5door Seq Sport Shift 6sp 2.7DT (Turbo Diesel Common rail injection).
Labelled “TDCi”. It is not 4WD.
Fitted with the side steps, chip & wind spoilers, original crossbars (Ford Sx Sy Sz Territory Carry Bars 80Kg Roof Racks Blk), and lockable. [Now not available. Part Number: SX18320AB. (Interestingly - Designed for Ford , in New Zealand by a company since taken over by Yakima)]. To them, I attach a removable (lockable) Yakima ShowDown Kayak lifter which carries my Kayak and paddle well (The paddle is secured with Yakima AceO'Spades brackets).
On the other side - a 2m Ironman Awning attached via a RacksBrax HD HITCH STANDARD (8159) set (also lockable)… for easy lifting on and off. The awning also supports my Ironman 2m AWNING ROOM AND NET.
The tow ball carries a tilt down double bike carrier (The tilt enables the rear door to accessed).

No, I'm not an intrepid explorer. I did get out in the bush, a lot of the beaten track, and camp - when much younger. Now after many years I just want to enjoy getting away reasonably comfortably and enjoy the peace, bike riding, and kayaking - the later being very much a learning curve (only a little ever done). I do want the exercise and the escape from my nerdy tech inclination/obsession.

😱Inside and the garage are littered with my sort-out of my camping gear. I've more guy ropes, and assorted types of pegs than a 'Bull can S...' - all sorts I've hung on to over the years❗

I need to stop this to save your and my own sanity. In finishing: About the time of signing up to this forum - something I spotted reminded me of some of my early driving education and I snuck a thread at General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar > Humour Corner

In it, The YouTube link - shows "Mr Walker" becoming "Mr Wheeler". A Disney oldie. So's my Ford... and me❗

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwPS...p=gAQBiAQB8AUB

All Best to all - AlBro
Alistair Broadbent is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 25-02-2024, 07:25 PM   #6795
SPC
Starter Motor

Hi all and thank you for accepting me into the forum.

I have a 2017 Ranger ute 3.2, that I recently acquired from a company who had the ute regularly serviced through a Ford Dealership. The vehicle is in very good condition for 170,000kms.

The sudden issue I'm having is driving back from the airport on the freeway suddenly started jerking, like cutting out, for a second then running then at low idle 'hunting'.

Recently changed the fuel filter and still has the same problem..

Can anybody help me with this issue?

Thanks
SPC
SPC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2024, 04:11 PM   #6796
Kena
Starter Motor

Hi everyone, Thanks for letting me join. I've just got an SZ mk2 TK 168000ks on it 2015 model.
Busy chasing the dreaded Wet Drivers Footwell problem, with a lot of help from
the Forum member's posts. Cheers Kena
Kena is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2024, 05:46 PM   #6797
Kena
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kena View Post
Hi everyone, Thanks for letting me join. I've just got an SZ mk2 TK 168000ks on it 2015 model.
Busy chasing the dreaded Wet Drivers Footwell problem, with a lot of help from
the Forum member's posts. Cheers Kena
Should read SZ MK2 TX��

Last edited by Kena; 27-02-2024 at 05:52 PM. Reason: Fat fingers
Kena is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-02-2024, 06:19 PM   #6798
tone76
Starter Motor

Hi all,

Thanks for accepting my signup.

Just bought myself a 2007 BF MkII XT sedan for country driving and the odd bit of towing, only has about 217k on it, which is barely run in for a Barra so I'm told. I was originally after a wagon or ute, but they're either horribly expensive or completely flogged (or both)... but I found a nice sedan near me for a very reasonable price, so here I am.

My other car is a 2012 VW Up, which is great in the city but in the country it's about as useful as a chocolate teapot (still love that little bugger tho).

The BF isn't my first Ford. I've had a few 4-pot Fords over the years (AR Telstar, KE Laser, MkI Mondeo) but this is the first big car I've ever owned.

Seeing as my BF is actually pretty nice for a pov pack and I'll be spending a lot of time behind the wheel, I want to do some upgrades e.g. light bar, aux/bluetooth, hardwired dashcam and sat nav etc and will probably be leaning on the Australian Ford Forums Brains Trust a fair bit so I don't break anything.

Cheers.
tone76 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2024, 10:02 AM   #6799
SimonKay
Starter Motor

Hi all,

Waiting for delivery of our Wildtrak V6 in April. Previously had a Falcon XE SPACK station wagon back in the 80's.

Cheers.
SimonKay is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2024, 11:17 AM   #6800
stinker
Starter Motor

Howdy folks, Greg here, thanks for the offer to join your forum.

I'm in Brisbane, hence the username, it's been a hot summer.

I've got a Mondeo TC 2013 Zetec Ecoboost, 2.0 turbo petrol.

Cheers
stinker is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2024, 07:33 PM   #6801
shakey55
Starter Motor

Good afternoon everyone.

Just entered the ford family for the very first time, have bought a 2018 MY19 Ranger Wildtrak.

Only thing I can’t find out,is it a MK II or MK III, not that it really means much (at least I don’t think it does)
shakey55 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2024, 11:40 AM   #6802
KPP
Starter Motor

Hey guys,

Just bought my first car which is the 1992 XF Falcon Ute 5sp, love this thing although it does have a few issues I've gotta iron out.
KPP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 10-03-2024, 07:49 PM   #6803
CBee
Starter Motor

Smile Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hello! My name is Carolyn

A friend of mine is getting married shortly whose dream car is a Red 1976 Ford Fairmont.

Wedding is on April 12th.

Do you or anyone you know own this car and willing to hire it out? It would be simply fabulous and out of this world to see the pleasure they would get.

Thank you
CBee is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2024, 09:39 AM   #6804
gmmmatulich@gmail.co
Starter Motor

Hi All,
My Name is Greg and I am doing up an NF Fairlane 1996 that came into my possession recently,
gmmmatulich@gmail.co is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2024, 11:58 AM   #6805
mfrancis1990
Starter Motor

Exclamation Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hello All,
Not lurker and not really a Ford guy; more the Holden guy with my 2016 VF2 Calais with LS3. But I am here and I am hoping that I might get some help.

I have had Fords, bought brand new 2006 XR5 Focus, brand new 2009 XR6 Turbo and helped my older son buy his 2021 ST Focus.

I have now just purchased a MY22.25 Ford Puma ST-Line for my youngest son. It has the 1 litre 3 cylinder turbo. Surprisingly I am impressed by the torque this little engine produces so low and I think the tune of the 7 speed DCT is really good.

The only concern I have with it; is the stories of the little 1 litre ecoboost failing due to the Wet Belt. But, it seems unclear whether the Puma has a revised version of the engine with a chain rather than a wet belt. I have reviewed UK forums that swear the engine was revised after 2020 and has a chain. Yet when I had it serviced by local Ford dealer yesterday, the tech stated it is a wet belt.

If there is anyone here that is familiar with the ecoboost in the Puma and could provide a definitive view or point me to where I could get a definitive view that would be great. I have tried Googling the engine model N1BG 6007 DA and found nothing so far.

Thanks all and good to meet you all.
mfrancis1990 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2024, 07:18 AM   #6806
roger_doger
Starter Motor

Hi All, Phil here, ford fan. Currently have long-term loan of Dad's BA Fairmont. Has an alternator issue which I'll post about separately. Peace
roger_doger is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2024, 09:53 PM   #6807
pmc
Starter Motor

Hello I recently got an au falcon s pack and since then I've been interested in au falcons alot so I thought I might as well join
pmc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2024, 11:02 PM   #6808
Jaymac69
Starter Motor

Hi, been on here a while but first time posting, just saying hello.
I’m an old school Panel Beater, started out in the 80s, back when most cars were still made of real metal, although even then they were thinning out, learnt most skills the hard way, through persistence, blood, sweat and weld burns 🥵😂
Did plenty of Restos throughout the years but rarely for myself, mostly was just trying to make a living doing smashies and if I did clean anything up it was sold pretty quick.
So now The kids are old enough to take care of themselves I’ve got a very original but rusty Zircon Green XT Falcon 500 V8 Wagon with original motor which appears to run well. I stripped most of it back to bare metal and started welding in some new metal when I came across a nice looking white ZD Fairlane with a clean black interior and a 351 Cleveland that reminded me of the one we used to cruise around in our leather jackets back in the 80s, lol. Figured I could have it on the road much quicker than the XT so picked it up and started the task of breaking it down for a roady.

So now the ZD is a complete bare metal shell, sitting in my double garage next to the XT, I had to build a whole new shed in front of the old one just so we had room to move, engines getting the full rebuild and I’m metal filing each panel to remove as many of the dents before primer and welding in rust sections and replacing where necessary 😅, sealing the panels with deoxidine to fend off the surface rust, so much for getting it on the road 😂

I’ve replaced inner and outer sills, drip channel rust sections, rebuilt 3 levels of the plenum chamber, hand made the rear windscreen lower inner/outer, sides and quarter panel seams using nothing but an offset vice and a good anvil and a shitload of cutting discs. I’ve rebuilt all the inner corners and sides of the boot area and picked up a n American 67 Fairlane rear panel to replace mine, not identical but very similar as the Fairlane were modelled off their American counterparts. If only they sold rear wheeelarch sections not just whole quarter panels.
Currently filing up the front guards, looking mint, not just the general dents but even a couple of decent wallops I thought had no chance of straightening up, it’s amazing what some patience and a few good metal files with a dolly, a shitznagel gun with a slidehammer and a flipper can do.
I’ve electroplated any parts I could with a Jane kit, rebuilt every possible accessory and tried to obtain as many original parts as possible but as it’s not original engine I’m not aiming for scratch, it came with a ZC grille and I actually prefer the metal one to the Plastic one on the ZD, lashed out on some CHI heads and some quality engine gear hoping to build something that’ll be fun but also last if I look after it.
So that’s it for now, dropped in to the All Ford day for some inspiration and saw some beautiful Fairlanes there, can only hope this one holds up to the competition 😂
Cheers Jaymac
Jaymac69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 31-03-2024, 03:02 PM   #6809
G'David
Starter Motor

Hi all, just bought myself a cheap ute, and I'm wondering if Ford run a VIN decoder for specifics of build?
Knowing the owner I figured this would be suitable ute for me given I expect to cover under 5.000 K per annum. Yes, she's old but drives quite well and will take her to our trusted mechanicsa in the next couple of weeks...

G'David is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2024, 03:32 PM   #6810
Tha Gav
Tha Gav

Default G'day you lot!

G'day! Thought it was about time i wrote something and tried to figure out how all this forum stuff works. Anyway, hope you're all having a grouse weekend, chat soon!

1979 ZH Fairlane 500
Tha Gav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post