Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Site Sponsor Forums - In Alphabetical Order > Blue Power Racing Developments

Blue Power Racing Developments The home of Blue Power. Website Link

Old 29-08-2007, 01:00 PM   #1
sly_ba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Custom tune question

Hi,

I am going to book in my 04 xr6 turbo with you guys for a custom tune shortly, however, I just have a few simple questions. I have read that the standard injectors in the xr6 turbo max out at around 250rwkw. Is this correct? I am not cahsing huge power from my car (I'm actually after the 250rwkw mark). My car is running F6 style CAI, BMC filter and a monza cooler. Can I achieve my goal of 250rwkw SAFELY with the standard injectors or will I need to upgrade?

I use may car daily and reliability is my number one priority. I realise that much more than 250rwkw and I will most likely need to do my valve springs, injectors and fuel pump but I am not after anymore than 250 rwkw at the moment.

I know it has probably been covered before but is the price for the flash tuner box and custom tune still $1550?

Cheers

Ian

sly_ba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2007, 02:42 PM   #2
Bluepower
KenneBell Australia

Ian,

the price is correct, will also supply and fit a thermostat and gap your plugs as well.

Generally speaking, all cars are different, we see a threshold of between 230-260 on standard fuel system and valve springs.

Of course, we stay on the safe side, and we should be able to comfortanly help you in your goal.

Please feel free to contact me on 9305 3000 if you require any further info or to make a booking.

Regards,

Chris

Bluepower Racing Developments

Proud Australian Distributors of Kenne Bell superchargers
The Quickest, The Fastest, The Baddest Boss Blower of all.

www.bluepower.com.au

Bluepower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2007, 03:54 PM   #3
sly_ba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ok cool, that helps heaps.

Thanks for that.
Old 29-08-2007, 05:03 PM   #4
Bluepower
KenneBell Australia

Anytime mate :

www.bluepower.com.au

Old 02-09-2007, 05:39 PM   #5
sly_ba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sorry just got something esle that I wanted to clear up. I was looking at removing the center muffler to get a bit more noise out of my car. Will this effect my custom tune if I remove the muffler after it is tuned or would you recommend that I remove the muffler prior to getting the car custom tuned?

Cheers
Old 03-09-2007, 12:01 PM   #6
Bluepower
KenneBell Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by sly_ba
Sorry just got something esle that I wanted to clear up. I was looking at removing the center muffler to get a bit more noise out of my car. Will this effect my custom tune if I remove the muffler after it is tuned or would you recommend that I remove the muffler prior to getting the car custom tuned?

Cheers
Hi mate,

best to get any mods done prior to the tune, however if any mods are made after the tune, as a policy we will re-tune the car at no cost, the only cost being for the dyno.

Chris

www.bluepower.com.au

Old 03-09-2007, 01:37 PM   #7
sly_ba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Great, thanks again. I will be seeing you in the near future
Old 03-09-2007, 01:57 PM   #8
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Chris,
Can you please check your inbox. I've attached a recent dyno of my AFR, was wondering how a tune would go.
Thanks.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
T3rminator is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post