Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 30-07-2005, 08:53 PM   #1
T-rent
T-Rent-AU2

Default Falcon Sound

Was contemplating future modifications to my car this morning, and after setting aside money each week for wheels and suspension (will be a while), I wondered what I would need to do after that (a long way away, but im obsessed so need to plan)... So It came to sound.

Im a sound dummy, however I know the AU2 Sound system is of the 100watt variety and struggles around the 30 notch mark on most of my CDs.

Was thinking of a few things:

- Replace factory speakers with aftermarket variety, 200w upwards
- Put a sub into the rear parcel shelf where premium sound would have had one.
- Replace rear speakers.

I dont want to rice up my sound system by making new speakers (if needed) obvious in the door pods or the sub obvious in the boot.

Mabey someone could help me out with what make the best sound at the best price in conjunction with what I need.

- I want to be able to play my music louder
- I want the sound system to be up to date in terms of technology, output etc
- I want more base without distortion
- I want to keep the factory head unit
- I want it to look like nothing has been done to it.

I know there is a need for an Amplifier etc however dont know enough to be able to account for it.

So I guess Im asking: What do you have in your car and why? and what is the best system for me....

P-plater
T-rent is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post