Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 30-06-2010, 05:58 PM   #1
ADunn
Starter Motor

Default LX Wagon Cargo Barrier

Hi,

I'm new to the forum and a new Mondeo owner! The car is great but there is one annoying thing. I ordered a cargo barrier with it only to find it was installed so that there is a gap of at least two inches between it and the back seat. This wastes space and also prevents the cargo blind from being usable. I'm told this is the standard way they are fitted here, but any cargo barrier I've seen before is right behind the rear seat. Can anyone out there with these barriers confirm if they have the same?

On the up side, if down the track I can say this is the worst thing about the car I should be pretty happy...

thanks!

ADunn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2010, 12:14 PM   #2
RicOz

Have you got any photos? Maybe a saftey thing so luggage doesnt wack into passengers in the back seat?

The space is still pretty big though for general use, unless you need it to carry a large fridge and the kitchen sink!
Old 02-07-2010, 01:35 PM   #3
ADunn
Starter Motor

I'll take a photo on the weekend. Perhaps it is for safety reasons, but then the one on my wife's i30 wagon doesn't have such a gap and the screen still fits. The one on my old Camry was also right up behind the back seat. I'm mostly disappointed about not being able to use the screen.
Old 13-07-2010, 07:12 AM   #4
ADunn
Starter Motor

Sorry if the image doesn't come out, I can't figure out how to attach them properly....Here is the photo of the barrier--hopefully. You can see from the close-up the gap and the notch where the screen would sit at the back. My wife's i30cw doesn't have this problem in that the screen can be fitted with the barrier installed. Has anyone else got one of these barriers? Are they the same?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1080053.JPG (135.4 KB, 71 views)
File Type: jpg P1080049.JPG (121.8 KB, 56 views)
Old 13-07-2010, 08:14 AM   #5
DRU842
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I would suggest that the gap allows for clearance of the child restraint mounts & straps.
2017 Mustang Lightening Blue, Cobb Intercooler, CAI, AccessPort, Turbo Blanket & V2 Exhaust, Mishimoto Down-Pipe & Overflow Tank, GFB DV+, Custom CRD Tune. Ford Performance Short Throw Shifter & Strut Brace. DBA T3 Brakes & Pads. Braided Brake Lines. H&R Coilovers. Anderson CF Track Pack Spoiler & Tailgate Panel. Blue CF/Leather Steering Wheel.
DRU842 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2010, 09:54 AM   #6
ADunn
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRU842
I would suggest that the gap allows for clearance of the child restraint mounts & straps.
A reasonable suggestion, only a gap for the restraints is not required. The mounting point is on the back of the seat. This is similar to the Camry I had before, and the barrier for that was right up against the back seat. On my wife's i30 the mounting point is on the rear floor but the barrier cleverly has slots in it to enable the restraint clip/harness to pass through and the barrier is right up against the seat.
Old 02-09-2010, 11:46 PM   #7
GMAN69
Starter Motor

My wagon has a netting that attaches from the floor to the roof and still allows use of the cargo blind. But I suppose the netting may not be strong enough compared to a cargo barrier.
GMAN69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post