Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 08-05-2013, 05:19 PM   #331
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 
Default Re: Stolen Car Only Thread

Stolen 1 hr ago in Brisbane

Road Games is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2013, 05:20 PM   #332
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 

Yes this is Adams car that was featured on Full Throttle this week ...

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11394610
Old 11-05-2013, 06:22 PM   #333
LG17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Now being used by the a'holes for further criminal activities.
I believe the side stripe has been taken off.
LG17 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2013, 10:17 PM   #334
Road Games

I saw it on Mt Cotton rd this morning and called the police, fortunately my missus had no interest whatsoever in following it... it has been used in 2 ram raids up until this morning at least :(

I am getting more and more aggravated with this scum getting away knowing police cant give chase !!
Old 11-05-2013, 10:53 PM   #335
martinijosh
▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅ ▅

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Excellent guide for headlamp repair. 

By now you would hope it would get written off and paid out... wouldn't want it back after what the scum have been using it for (although I suspect it would be seized by police if it was retrieved, anyway?)
Headlights don't work in your B Series? Here's how to fix it!
martinijosh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 14-05-2013, 05:33 PM   #336
Road Games

I have given this pic to over 20 servo's on the Gold Coast in the last week..

I know first hand how these scums can break your heart !

You would think it would be in their best interest to display the pic and cut the pumps off when the offenders drive up wouldn't you ??

Old 19-05-2013, 12:30 PM   #337
Spurious

Default Protect your asset, avoid theft.

I've just registered with FF and the 'stolen car' thread caught my attention. I'm amazed at the number of newer cars being stolen. With smartshield systems and such you gotta wonder how they get nicked. After reading some of the posts here it got me thinking about my own cars security. Obviously getting the keys is a priority for the thieves so allow me to offer suggestions. I have an AU2 fairmont with tickford mod's. I have 2 keys, 1 for daily use and a spare and they're both usually with me. The spare is carried in my 'man bag' when I'm out n' about in the car & it comes with me when I leave the car. If I go out on the pushy or to the oval to kick a footy the main keys (house n' car) are with me and the spare is stashed in the house, this is potentially flawed though if a crim sacks the house in search of, (stash locale' now altered). As some crims have the balls to invade a house while it's occupied, I always sleep with my man bag and keys next to my bed, even though my car is garaged & the garage is attached to the house it's not worth the risk. Locks only stop honest folk & dealing with the insurance aftermath is hell! Never leave car keys on display (kitchen bench top, key rack ect) and if your going away for extended periods without the car (days,weeks) then take ALL keys with you or leave with a trusted friend or relative at a different property. If your more than 5 metres away from the car anytime anywhere, lock it. Also some Aussie states now have a law that states all windows must be closed if your more than 5 metres away from your car. Don't leave keys on the pub bar and builders....lock the work bus even whilst onsite with it in sight. Surfers, use a magnetic key holder stashed under your car when you hit the waves but make certain that no-one see's where you hide it. ***IF YOUR PRIZED RIDE IS FOR SALE*** and someone comes to view it, put it in a secured yard, if you can't then park another car behind yours on the driveway. Also open up all doors boot and bonnet during the viewing prior to a test drive. If the buyer rocks up in a car take down the rego. If a buyer rocks up on foot then ask if you can hold their license while they look through and/or start your car (they need one on them to test drive anyhow and be sure to look at the photo on it) DON'T give them the keys to fire it up if you can help it. YOU jump in and start it up, if the buyer is in the drivers seat and asks for the keys, you should stand in the doorway within reach of the keys. Take the keys out ASAP when they're done and NEVER walk away or around the car while engine is running (to shut bonnet before test drive ect). When I sold my '85 XF s'pack (owned for 10yrs) I drove the first leg of a test drive with a potential buyer who came across a bit suss'. When I stopped and got out to allow him to drive, the fat bugger slid over the console to get into the drivers seat! If the buyer wants a test drive, you get in the car first (back seat maybe) and then give them the keys. Don't get out 'til your back home again & take a mobile phone for security. At the end of the day it's YOUR CAR until money has changed hands, so do what you have to in order to protect your asset.
Spurious is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 27-05-2013, 09:09 PM   #338
Candrews
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Peac*ck EB View Post
Just a quick tip. If you have a E series falcon and don't want it nicked? One way to help is to simply take the 10A fuse that is labelled CRT LP. Courtesy lamp. With that out, the car simply won't start. Something to do with the smart lock system. I always do it when I park my car at the ferry parking lot when I head over to straddy. Just keep the fuse in your wallet or something. Works a treat for my EB which had the side window smashed, they tried to start it cause the whole ignition barrel was hanging out when I got back. No such luck the idiots!!
Just letting everyone know... this will only work with cars that have the tibby locking "Smartlock". EA falcons and some early EB's dont have this and as a result cant be immobilized this way.
Just thought I should let you all know.
Candrews is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2013, 11:04 PM   #339
Madaya
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Some very sad stories here. Commiserations to all. I would be distressed if my FG Ford was stolen, doubly so if it was used in some crime or involved in an accident. I've put some work into the car, that makes it 'mine'.

Sorry if this has been discussed before, is it possible to put a secret kill switch into the FG. Something discreet, but handy for those who know. That way, even if the crim has the keys, he's still stuffed.

Used to be easy do in old cars, just a simple switch put into the ignition circuit. These new cars are a tad more complicated. I might look into it, and post in the FG Falcon forum.

It might be a good thing if turning the ignition key would activate the car horn instead of the starter motor, hmmm
2010 FG XR6 I6 CC Ute, Nitro colour. lsd, sports suspension, Ford 18's fitted with Michelin Primacy 3 ST 245x45x18, MW Quick Shifter, Pacemaker 4500 Extractors, Carbuilders Soundproofing, KPM Street Fighter CAI

Last edited by Madaya; 08-06-2013 at 11:06 PM. Reason: A bit more
Madaya is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2013, 03:35 PM   #340
Spurious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madaya View Post
Some very sad stories here. Commiserations to all. I would be distressed if my FG Ford was stolen, doubly so if it was used in some crime or involved in an accident. I've put some work into the car, that makes it 'mine'.

Sorry if this has been discussed before, is it possible to put a secret kill switch into the FG. Something discreet, but handy for those who know. That way, even if the crim has the keys, he's still stuffed.

Used to be easy do in old cars, just a simple switch put into the ignition circuit. These new cars are a tad more complicated. I might look into it, and post in the FG Falcon forum.

It might be a good thing if turning the ignition key would activate the car horn instead of the starter motor, hmmm
It's a bit old fashioned but an ON/OFF tap fitted to the fuel line somewher under the bonnet maybe. The electronic method is the best way but i thought this worth suggesting.
Old 12-06-2013, 03:47 PM   #341
martinijosh
▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅ ▅

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Excellent guide for headlamp repair. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madaya View Post

Switched battery lead with access BEHIND the glovebox lid (up where the cabin filter is) would be the easiest.

I wouldn't want to mess with the ignition wiring too much since you have an immobilizer.

In reality they shouldn't have access to your keys, first tip... don't hang them near your front door. If they want it bad enough it isn't hard to dry tow it on to a tilt tray.
Headlights don't work in your B Series? Here's how to fix it!
martinijosh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 15-06-2013, 04:51 PM   #342
Spurious

Quote:
Originally Posted by JET270 View Post
I have given this pic to over 20 servo's on the Gold Coast in the last week..

I know first hand how these scums can break your heart !

You would think it would be in their best interest to display the pic and cut the pumps off when the offenders drive up wouldn't you ??

Update please. Any news on your car matey.
Old 15-06-2013, 05:26 PM   #343
Road Games

No news mate ... i have been told it is loooooong gone :(
Old 16-06-2013, 08:06 PM   #344
reapa1

Hey guys not a car, but my Motor bike.

Black 2012 cbr250 rego 1E8FE.
Has black scratches n dints on the exhaust, was stolen between the 14th and 16th of june From a set of units in pakenham. Please contact the pakenham police department with any information.

http://sphotos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...12393195_n.jpg
reapa1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2013, 10:22 AM   #345
Firstfordv8
Starter Motor

Stolen blue bf fairmont giah v8 6spd auto in the hoppers crossing area in the hours of 10:30pm to 8:30am last Tuesday nigh. They broke into the wife's car and gound the key in the glove box and stole my falcon. Been a week now and have not seen or heard from police reg is TRJ 339.
Firstfordv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2013, 01:31 PM   #346
Road Games

"QOUTE"

2 nights ago some theiving bastards broke into my Dad's house in Belmont while he was away for business..
They turned everything upside down and found his spare key to his 40th anniversary GT Falcon (picture attached)
It's build number 74
If anyone has seen this car please PM me or phone me on 0488083818
Old 05-07-2013, 10:02 PM   #347
superfly
Go the Hogster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlivverFord View Post
Update please. Any news on your car matey.
I'm assuming he's been paid out by the insurance company as there's a new one (grey this time) now sitting in his driveway. No personal plates as yet.
Old 08-07-2013, 01:36 PM   #348
superfly
Go the Hogster!

Sorry GT only just noticed this

you deleted my message but you asked me a question?
Anyways the answer is, it's not good to hear that someone who only lives a few doors away from me got broken into. Makes me nervous about my own house.
2 users like this post:
Old 31-08-2013, 10:57 PM   #349
SNB05T
Dan Brown Photography

posting for a good mate of mine.

he's work van and tools (both for work and for his new top fuel team) was stolen outside his home in Wetherill park Sydney this morning.

rego is ZCE 570.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...r&notif_t=like
SNB05T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2014, 11:24 PM   #350
chazza
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Stolen XF PANEL VAN

my best buddy had his 1988 xf panel van knocked off at about 1 in the morning on monday 30th Dec 2013.... locked up out the front of his Oakleigh house in Melb..

1988 xf windowless,, white ,, tailgate model with gt bonnet and xr6 lights,,,,19” mags,,,,,,,,
please call Gary on 0419102336 with any info

PLEASE SHARE

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

CHEERS

chazza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2014, 06:48 PM   #351
bris_fry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firstfordv8 View Post
Stolen blue bf fairmont giah v8 6spd auto in the hoppers crossing area in the hours of 10:30pm to 8:30am last Tuesday nigh. They broke into the wife's car and gound the key in the glove box and stole my falcon. Been a week now and have not seen or heard from police reg is TRJ 339.
Shame mate. hope u find it,
rare the bf ghia v8.
bris_fry is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2014, 01:21 PM   #352
XRTickfordNZ
XR Tickford Fanatic

Stolen XB GT.

This message was in the email.

" This classic Ford GT was stolen from my grandmother last night in Levin. This car belonged to my late grandfather and no amount of money could replace its sentimental value. Please if you hear anything or see it around please notify the police. Thanks "

Stolen from Levin, NZ 5/1/2014.

Cheers,

Brendon

1998 AU Fairmont Wagon, XR6 front kit....His
2002 AUIII XR6 Sedan, Blueprint, tints, tinted lights, BA XR wheels, leather....Hers
2008 Tandem Axle Trailer, The Falcon Hauler

XRTickfordNZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2014, 01:51 PM   #353
EASYBOSS
Matakana NZ
Donating Member3

Hope it gets found, all of NZ should be looking for it, it made national news

http://www.stuff.co.nz/motoring/cust...s-widow-bereft
SOLD : BA XR8 4 Speed Auto in Mercury Silver, Bluepower CIA, Full Diffilipo Big Boy Quad System, Tune, 4.11 Diff Gears, FPV Starter Button, FPV GT Rear Spoiler, Tripod Gauges, PWR Trans Cooler. 230 RWKW's. Many thanks to Chris at Bluepower Racing Developments

Hers : F6X build #150 in Ego, Stock as a Rock, untill the warranty runs out, including the extended one.

My Work Wagon AU Futura Wagon in Gold.

On the Farm : Ford 6600 Tractor
EASYBOSS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2014, 05:39 PM   #354
XRTickfordNZ
XR Tickford Fanatic

Chassis number for the white XBGT is

JG33PU99374K

1998 AU Fairmont Wagon, XR6 front kit....His
2002 AUIII XR6 Sedan, Blueprint, tints, tinted lights, BA XR wheels, leather....Hers
2008 Tandem Axle Trailer, The Falcon Hauler

XRTickfordNZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2014, 07:41 PM   #355
chazza
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Good news the car has been found in Cranbourne about 30kms away...Police say the condition is good but won't know till it can be picked up on Tuesday.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazza View Post
my best buddy had his 1988 xf panel van knocked off at about 1 in the morning on monday 30th Dec 2013.... locked up out the front of his Oakleigh house in Melb..

1988 xf windowless,, white ,, tailgate model with gt bonnet and xr6 lights,,,,19” mags,,,,,,,,
please call Gary on 0419102336 with any info

PLEASE SHARE

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

CHEERS

chazza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 29-01-2014, 11:19 AM   #356
Spurious

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazza View Post
Good news the car has been found in Cranbourne about 30kms away...Police say the condition is good but won't know till it can be picked up on Tuesday.....
Now tell your mate to buy a decent security system with an ignition disable. Junkies love those older cars as they are easy to steal. Glad he got it back.
Old 20-02-2014, 09:38 AM   #357
nickd
Passionate Ford XD XE nut

Default Re: Stolen Car Only Thread Silver XD ESP Mill Park Vic

Copied this from ESPGhia Forum

Stolen Silver XD Fairmont Ghia ESP

Hi guys,

my car has just been stolen from Mill Park Vic (11pm-6:30am)
the rego number is SGK255 vic plates

if anyone sees it call mill park police 94073333 or call me adam on 0418995514
I'M OFFERING A $1000 REWARD TO THE PERSON WHO FINDS THE CAR!

Anyone with any information contact above or post below.

Car may have been pushed on a flat bed tow truck will post picture of car very soon.

(Admin of ESPGhia.com)

http://espghia.com/forum.php
nickd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2014, 12:13 PM   #358
nickd

Pictures of the Silver 1981 Ford XD Fairmont Ghia ESP Stolen today

Vin/Chassis number is:- JG32YC 82961K

(Admin of ESPGhia.com)

Old 20-02-2014, 07:21 PM   #359
nickd

Every avenue of social media has been raised to get the message out that the car has been stolen.

Few things that can be recognised about this XD ESP:-

-Has rust on boot lid near ford emblem

- tint on car has gone purple

- both rear wheel arches have rust bubbles covered with grey/silver contact

- car is a matching 351 auto car

- Black interior, electrics central locking

- whole in front carpet on drivers side foot-rest

- car is loud slight cam

-globes aren't painted they machine finished stripped back to alloy

-has couple dents on edge of bonnet

- tiny bit rust bubble on corner of drivers side roof

-leather steering wheel

-missing bib spoiler as was taken off to get repaired

(Admin of ESPGhia.com)

Old 24-02-2014, 03:48 PM   #360
nickd

Has anyone spotted this in the Mill Park area?

(Admin of ESPGhia.com)