Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 04-11-2015, 12:24 PM   #1
99_FGT
Starter Motor

Default Advice on selling MC titanium TDCi

Wondering if anyone has any tips or pointers on selling my MC mondeo titanium TDCi?
I suspect that it is a car that few look for, instead searching for 6/camry/falcon etc.
It is already one of the cheapest on carsales,and it is approaching 100k (not that it means much being a chain driven engine)
There's nothing wrong with the car, but it is much bigger than what I need now (new family car)
99_FGT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2015, 09:13 PM   #2
ope126
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Advice on selling MC titanium TDCi

Is your the Dark Micastone colour (Upp Mt Gravatt)?
Cheap price...
Old 04-11-2015, 09:46 PM   #3
99_FGT
Starter Motor

Yep, that's the one.
Had a few time wasters, no one really serious though.
Old 04-11-2015, 10:09 PM   #4
Binny

Its not just Mondeos. Most used cars are a hard sell at the moment, motorbikes too.
Everyone wants new cars. The new car market is going gangbusters. A bit confusing as the rest of the economy seems to be going down the toilet.

Good for folk such as me that buy 2-3 year old cars but not good if you are selling. My bike is worth so little I would rather just keep it in the shed.
Old 05-11-2015, 06:15 PM   #5
rondeo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99_FGT View Post
Wondering if anyone has any tips or pointers on selling my MC mondeo titanium TDCi?
I suspect that it is a car that few look for, instead searching for 6/camry/falcon etc.
It is already one of the cheapest on carsales,and it is approaching 100k (not that it means much being a chain driven engine)
There's nothing wrong with the car, but it is much bigger than what I need now (new family car)
The engine has a cambelt or timing belt, not a chain. The belt drives the
inlet camshaft which in turn drives the exhaust camshaft via a chain.
Service interval is given as 200,00km or 10 years in the owner's service handbook, for the timing belt. It's also usual to replace the belt tensioner and water pump at the same time.

Good luck!
rondeo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-11-2015, 12:33 AM   #6
ope126
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99_FGT View Post
Yep, that's the one.
Had a few time wasters, no one really serious though.
Have you sold it yet?
Old 25-11-2015, 06:33 AM   #7
99_FGT
Starter Motor

I did sell it, nowhere near what i wanted for it but I'd been stuffed around by too many people wasting my time.