Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 19-03-2006, 03:40 PM   #31
Ultimate
Pimp Daddy Pimp Pimp

Location: Queensland Events Assistant Co-Ordinator. Fiery's Little Helper

If you own a gtp you just get plain respect to go with it. Man i go away to brisbane or something and see a gtp there man i go up and take a photo of it. Pure respect
---------------------------------------------------
AFF Merchandise

Excellent Purchases With: AFF Team, Rooster, Russ
Ultimate is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2006, 09:24 PM   #32
Gammaboy
Grinder+Welder = Race car

Quote:
Originally Posted by martO
EDIT: To the original poster of this thread, the GT is an upmarket XR8 in simple terms.
They're all upmarket taxis, just the GT is ore upmarket than the XR.
Old 19-03-2006, 09:32 PM   #33
xd5.8l
Banned

No difference at all mate, Just save your money and get an xr8. The extra weight of the GT nullifies the extra 30 kw. I've come to this conclusion from reading many a comparisons.
xd5.8l is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2006, 09:43 PM   #34
Poetic Justice
NOT A TOYOTA :/

I really dislike people that narrow differences in cars down to a simple power out put.

I would have thought that those who front $50+k for a vehicle would outline that it's got a HELL of a lot more to do with the package of the vehicle.

Thus why the old man went the way of the typhoon after being offered an XR6 turbo 05 plate BF (new) a week ago for $46k- a downright cheap offer.
Old 19-03-2006, 10:24 PM   #35
tex
Broken

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: With the exception of maybe HSE2, nobody writes a review like Texy. 

For those that ask "why would anyone mod and XR8, when you could buy a GT for the same money as the XR plus mods???"

'Cause If I brought a new GT, Id have no money for mods. And for me, enjoyment comes in getting aftermarket stuff that works, and makes my car go better.

I could'nt afford to do that with a 65 K GT.

Wish I could.......... I think........

11.4 @ 128, 1.88 60ft.
tex is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2006, 12:00 AM   #36
Wokkas
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Power parts for XR8:

Full exhaust, flash tuner with custom tune, cai, air filter $5000 for possibly 330+KWs.

Brakes $3000.

Coil-overs all round $2000

Leather $2000

We've now spent pretty much the difference between an XR8 and a GT.

For the same money, I know which I'd rather spend my limited money on. Bar the "GT factor" the XR8 would be the better car.

And if we remember right, The XR series was started as a tribute to the original XR GT. One of the 6 REAL GTs. And if you compare a BA GT to an XY GT, you obviously weren't around in the GTHO era. :
Wokkas is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2006, 12:01 AM   #37
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

I will be in a GT P in the next trade in and wont even consider an XR8. Why....cos it is a GT P..... and looks a hell off a lot better than an XR8 or 6T or what ever. It goes better than the others, has more bit and pieces..............and it has a button on the dash! Of course there a differences and if anyone buys anything other than a GT and they are happy....good on 'em! I only have a standard XR6......and I love it! Why spend the extra on a fairmont when you can get a Futura or a Ghia instead of a Fairmont or a Focus instead of a Fiesta..........................etc

| [/url] |

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2006, 04:34 AM   #38
NAK302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal
Not entirely true...the difference is not as big as the price would suggest.

well, after climbing out of a GT at the dealer and into a XR8, the extra bucks didn't matter. chalk and cheese, my friend :
NAK302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2006, 09:05 AM   #39
Bolt60

Hi , Just wondering what the comment "When FPV can do to the Falcon, what HSV does to the Commodore, I'll change my tune" means ?? .
All HSV do to the commodore is , different intake & exhaust , bodykit , brakes .About it ??
No mechanical difference at all !! EG cam etc.
Bolt60 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post