Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Ford Forums Central > Site Support

Site Support If something isn't working or you have a suggestion ( a nice one !! ) let us know here.

Closed Thread

Old 26-05-2010, 10:04 PM   #61
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggerlugs
Great job lads, things got so desperate while the site was down, I even had to start talking to the missus..........
Oh my god, you poor bloke.

You ok?

07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
Old 27-05-2010, 12:03 AM   #62
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Am I the only one having dramas opening the last page of a thread?

Lately whenever I have click on 'open last page' to open the thread, it has been opening a random page about half way through.

Thanks to all the guys working behind the scenes keeping the site going.
Old 27-05-2010, 12:16 AM   #63
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by naddis01
Am I the only one having dramas opening the last page of a thread?

Lately whenever I have click on 'open last page' to open the thread, it has been opening a random page about half way through.

Thanks to all the guys working behind the scenes keeping the site going.
try setting your 'posts per page' to a different number in your forum options menu

Quick Links --> Edit Options --> scroll down then choose 'show 30 posts per page'
Old 27-05-2010, 04:18 PM   #64
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RG
Oh my god, you poor bloke.

You ok?

Therapy could be an option.........
Old 27-05-2010, 04:41 PM   #65
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Maybe I'm lucky enough to not have had a problem.

It sucks enough when you're getting paid to fix this stuff, let alone not getting paid trust me. Funny thing in the end it usually is the most simple thing too :
Old 27-05-2010, 09:26 PM   #66
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Farnsworth
try setting your 'posts per page' to a different number in your forum options menu

Quick Links --> Edit Options --> scroll down then choose 'show 30 posts per page'
No worries Professor, I will give it a go and let you know what happens. I did have it set on 100 posts per page. When I just looked then it said it was set to the forum default.

The other thing I noticed is when I click on 'first unread post', sometimes it seems to just go to the last post rather than the first unread. However neither issue is a big deal. I am not worried about it, I just thought I would let you guys know about it.
Old 27-05-2010, 09:32 PM   #67
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

It you click on the last little grey arrow on a thread, it will take you to the last post, however if you click on the actual words, it will take you to the last unread post.

If you want to view the thread from the start, you need to go to the thread inside the area it is posted in and click on the thread title.

At least that is how I understand it works.
Old 27-05-2010, 09:40 PM   #68
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

I always click on the words and it normally goes to the first unread post, however recently it has just been going to the last post. Like I said though it is not worrying me but I just thought I should pass it on.

Back on the other issue I was having, changing the setting to 30 posts per page seems to be working so far. If it happens again I pass it on. Will 100 posts per page be an option again down the track when the bugs are ironed out?
Old 29-05-2010, 02:13 PM   #69
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

I'm finding that the pages don't full load for me.

If I open a thread I get about 6 posts, and then it's cut off. Reload the page and I get a few more, but no box to post a new comment unless I quote a previous post and delete the quote.

Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Old 29-05-2010, 08:03 PM   #70
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathers
I'm finding that the pages don't full load for me.

If I open a thread I get about 6 posts, and then it's cut off. Reload the page and I get a few more, but no box to post a new comment unless I quote a previous post and delete the quote.

i usually find that to be an ISP issue rather than a site. happens a lot if you're shaped, or during peak on slower isp's
Old 29-05-2010, 08:30 PM   #71
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

It's only on this forum that I have a problem.
I'm reading a thread here, and have a seperate tab open with another forum, and that is loading fully, but this one isn't.

I know I'm definitely not over my d/l limit, the time of day doesn't seem to matter either. Internode has never given me an issue before either.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Old 29-05-2010, 08:56 PM   #72
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathers
It's only on this forum that I have a problem.
I'm reading a thread here, and have a seperate tab open with another forum, and that is loading fully, but this one isn't.

I know I'm definitely not over my d/l limit, the time of day doesn't seem to matter either. Internode has never given me an issue before either.
yeah node is pretty good

just because one site is doing it and another isn't doesn't mean a great deal, as there are different routes to different sites, some can become laggy while others work fine. Let us know how it goes anyway
Old 05-06-2010, 10:59 PM   #73
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Hey guys, are there any residual issues from the server issues? My AFF email doesn't seem to be working. Cheers.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
Old 06-06-2010, 11:58 AM   #74
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Not as far as I can see - I'm getting mine ok. Send me a PM and we can do a password reset.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 06-06-2010, 07:24 PM   #75
Bundy
All Ford Club Life Member
Donating Member3

Yes my AFF email addy has been down for a couple of days too, can you check it at your end Russ?

Worked AU XR8 Ute - Toy

Std FG XR6T Ute - Daily

Supercharged BA 6 Ute - Wife's daily

351W F150 93 XLT 4x4 Supercab
Old 06-06-2010, 07:31 PM   #76
Blue Ice
Living the Dream

Keep getting half pages showing up or failing to load full stop.
Old 06-06-2010, 07:36 PM   #77
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Ice
Keep getting half pages showing up or failing to load full stop.
to those having issues with half pages loading etc (Blue Ice and Feather), what speed internet are you running?

ADSL (256Kbps, 1.5Mbps, 8Mbps)
ADSL2+

i've had the same connectivity issues as everyone else when the site is down but i don't have issues with half loading pages, but i'm on ADSL2+ at about 18Mbps..

those on lower connections may be more prone to the timeout. i suggest this as my iphone tends to time out a lot on it's 3G connection
Old 06-06-2010, 08:45 PM   #78
NC1183
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I only get half-page loads when I'm downloading stuff like vid's on youtube.

2005 FPV BF Super Pursuit

The new toy (now sold)
The SP

The old ute (sold)
www.aufalcon.com/nc1183

Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6T
If you look closely you can see the remains of a Hyundai excel that’s been sucked into the intake.
about the pic of 'CHOP YA' F6
Old 06-06-2010, 08:47 PM   #79
Blue Ice
Living the Dream

ADSL 1500k here. Only seems to be this site thats having trouble as any other site I'm on at the same time loads fine?
Old 07-06-2010, 10:01 PM   #80
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Update:

1. The email issues are now resolved for those that were having them.

2. The half page loads (after a lot of googling) seem to be based on the time your ISP takes to load the actual CSS style sheet from the database. To speed this up we have moved the style sheets to disc storage so that they can be retrieved faster.
Some quick testing shows that this does improve page load times by about 15% so we will run with this for a day or so and then if it is still too slow for some ISP/browser combos then we can also migrate avatars and attachments to disc based rather than database storage.

I'm reluctant to do so with the latter two because although that will significantly improve page load times, they then have to be backed up separately to the database where as they are currently backed up with it. It will also take quite some time to migrate all of those images to non database storage.

There will also be a few restarts of both the apache and mysql servers during the evening and into the early hours of the morning.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 07-06-2010, 10:13 PM   #81
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 
Exclamation

I have no idea what all that means Russ, but i love your work P.s. stickers have been cut, i hope i am not breaking some protocol by advertising this site on my car in sept ??
Old 07-06-2010, 10:35 PM   #82
NC1183
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hey Russ, just letting you know that during one of your restarts some notifications were lost. My build thread "The SP" in the B-Series section lists 150_BAD (i think) as the last person to reply, however Luke (Kenz) has replied after him.

2005 FPV BF Super Pursuit

The new toy (now sold)
The SP

The old ute (sold)
www.aufalcon.com/nc1183

Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6T
If you look closely you can see the remains of a Hyundai excel that’s been sucked into the intake.
about the pic of 'CHOP YA' F6
Old 07-06-2010, 11:00 PM   #83
KR1STO
Just another mock-up..

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC1183
Hey Russ, just letting you know that during one of your restarts some notifications were lost. My build thread "The SP" in the B-Series section lists 150_BAD (i think) as the last person to reply, however Luke (Kenz) has replied after him.

i've noticed a few of those too..
just letting you guys know..!
cheers

see my car here:
Built my own TL50!!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last edited by KR1STO; 07-06-2010 at 11:08 PM.
Old 08-06-2010, 08:18 AM   #84
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC1183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Farnsworth

try what Professor Farnsworth has suggested. I was having the same issue and when that was done I havnt had the problem again

Hope that helps

Jason

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 26-06-2010, 02:08 PM   #85
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

i see the server is back now, and under heavy load by the feel of things. Good to see though.
Old 26-06-2010, 02:11 PM   #86
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Latest outage thread can be found here.

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11300925

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
Closed Thread