Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 31-05-2019, 04:59 PM   #1
Juz
MercSilver SY Ghia AWD

Default 2013 LW MK2 Headlight question

Hey all, we picked up a 2013 Focus Trend LW MK2 as our 2nd car recently, 74k on the clock and it seems to be in really good nick. It's such a fun car to drive, but then we were coming out of a 2000 Camry so uh yeah...

Anyway....one thing's bugging me...do the headlights have auto off?

There's so much advanced gear on this car, with the SYNC system working well with our phones and the jazzy steering wheel controls etc, that it seems weird to me that the ancient Camry would turn the lights off a little while after exiting the car, but the Focus beeps madly at us to remind us the lights are on and won't turn off until we do it manually. The 2005 SY Territory GHIA we had had the 'auto' setting for the lights where it would turn them on automatically in low light, but fair enough that was a GHIA.

Just something we need to get used to or am I missing a feature here? The manual isn't of much help. It talks about "home safe lighting where fitted", but I don't believe we have that.
Juz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2019, 05:43 PM   #2
Craig@AUDI
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: 2013 LW MK2 Headlight question

There was a "Convenience Pack" option at the time that had auto lights and wipers, so that'd be a no unless it has it which it sounds like it doesn't.
Craig@AUDI is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post