Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 22-08-2009, 01:18 PM   #1
Hords
Treasure your balls?

Angry Hazard Lights coming on at will

G'day All,

I originally posted this in the 'T series room' but thought there would be more AU owners in here.

Took the T out last Thursday for the Broadmeadows plant 50th anniversary. She had about a 3 week sleep on the trickle charger. As I was backing out of the driveway I realised my hazards were flashing. Strange, I can't recall having pushed the button. Anyway I push the button and they're still on. WTF??? Out on to the road and push the hazard button again and it stopped. About 10ks further they just started coming on again. Pushing the button continuously had no effect. They may go off after 10 seconds or one minute. Other road users must think I'm an idiot and not giving good cred to the T series. So far I've checked to see if all indicator bulbs are working, they are. When the hazards come on (at their own will) you don't hear the 'clicking' sound from the cannister. When you push the hazard button the click can be heard. It doesn't happen with the ignition off, only in acc and on. I'm guessing something might be loose or shorting somewhere but then how can this suddenly appear after the car hasn't been used for 3 weeks and the fault wasn't there previously. I'm worried too that if I take it to an auto electrician they may not be able to trace it easily either (hope I'm wrong). I've also tried searches to no avail.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Rob

Old 22-08-2009, 02:10 PM   #2
POELWYK
Lost Boost Gained Class

check the relay
Old 22-08-2009, 02:20 PM   #3
Hords
Treasure your balls?

Didn't think they would have one. Will check the handbook for its location tomorrow. Thanks.
Old 22-08-2009, 03:06 PM   #4
Windsor220
Now Fordless

The car doesnt have an aftermarket alarm of some sort and its going off when you turn the key on?
Windsor220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2009, 03:28 PM   #5
Hords
Treasure your balls?

Factory (Tickford) alarm fitted. But it's not going off when turning the key.
Old 23-08-2009, 08:23 PM   #6
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

It sounds like a relay may have negative feedback locking it on or...the relay is dead. otherwise definately check the factory alarm..

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-08-2009, 02:31 AM   #7
POELWYK
Lost Boost Gained Class

hey did u find out what was wrong and fix it
Old 26-08-2009, 12:32 PM   #8
Hords
Treasure your balls?

Sorry, forgot about this thread. Have been inputting to the other one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hords
Update:- Took her round the block twice yesterday and the 'problem' didn't surface : Wash and wax and one more blocky, again nothing. Things like this really irritate me. I'd rather the problem be found and fixed. 6 months ago I posted in the AU section about my central locking in the daily just unlocking itself at will. That too disappeared after a few days and hasn't reoccured; yet.
Old 27-10-2019, 08:56 AM   #9
xbfairmont302

Default Re: Hazard Lights coming on at will

i have had this happen not sure why yet
xbfairmont302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2019, 11:40 PM   #10
dwnsnow

Default Re: Hazard Lights coming on at will

I have had this problem with the hazard lights , found that when i has washed the engine bay water had gotten past the alarm plug sea,l removed the plug until it dried out replaced the plug no more flashing lights
dwnsnow is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post: