Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 13-09-2007, 10:23 PM   #211
xm_coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayvu
Brand new black 1977 XC Sundowner panel van 302 V8 4 speed, twin turbos. Became The Black Knight, murals by John Evans of Vancraft.
Was this at any stage a mobile knock shop? My dad and uncle had spoken about it before haha
xm_coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2007, 04:55 AM   #212
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

My first car was an '88 VL Commo Wagon, a red one. Had an issue where it wouldn't start if it was on a hill with the front passenger side on the lower angle and I went through 4 autos, 3 diffs and a head along with a huge amount of other "little" things, like the time when the tail section of the exhaust fell clean off when I went over a bump. The time the indicator stalk broke twice in a night was interesting too, first time my highbeams were stuck on (it was night) and the second (an hour later, I was a fair way from home) the damn thing snapped clean off so I had no indicators. Got rid of that after 12 months, it had 350k on it by that time.

Funniest bit is I replaced it with the EL i used to have but I got screwed by the dealer, they wouldn't fix a heap of little things like stone chips. On the way to swap cars the old VL decided it didn't like it's auto and spat it, went and picked up the EL and used it to tow the VL to the yard. You should have seen the dealers face
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2007, 06:16 AM   #213
mowog
Discovery 4

It was a Mini K 1100 panel van... After I crashed this the mechanicals went into a Mini Cooper I found that had no engine or gearbox. (1978)
Lotus Trooper.
Mini Inspired by Goodwood.
mowog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post