Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 14-06-2009, 08:23 PM   #31
05MkIIFutura
SV6000. Yum

It will be interesting to see how ford spec's it in the interest of long term durability. 380kw would surely have serious impacts on required maintenance and replacement intervals.
05MkIIFutura is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2009, 08:25 PM   #32
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Lets hope it hooks up well enough to put the GT on top.
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2009, 08:49 PM   #33
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

think id be interested as well
and hope they use the supercharged motor out of the mustang gt500

rebuilding the zh fairlane with a clevo 400m 4v heads injected whipple blown with aode 4 speed trans to a 9" ....... we'll get there eventually

just remember don't be afraid to try something new.
Remember, amateurs built the Ark...Professionals built the Titanic!

I have taken up meditation... at least it's better than sitting around doing nothing !!
wodahs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2009, 08:52 PM   #34
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZQUAD44
Lets hope they don't bring out the GTHO badge.
Lets hope they do! If its good enough there is no reason it can't.

Would be happy to hold off updating if this was all going to actually happen. Will wait and see but wont hold my breath just yet.

| [/url] |

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2009, 09:11 PM   #35
OZQUAD44
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

No matter how good it is, it won't be a race car thinly veiled as a road car. In this day and age its never going to happen. Thats why I don't think they should bring out the nameplate.

If by some miracle, they bring out a club racer version of a GT that can blow other club racer type cars into the weeds, sure call it GTHO until the cows come home. But The GTHO name plate has a lot of folklaw to live up to, I'd hate to see them muff it.

This new five litre donk has lots of promise though. potentially this motor could see its way into competition (read V8 super-cars) then having that race link would make the case for a GTHO nameplate all that more compelling.
OZQUAD44 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2009, 09:17 PM   #36
burnz
VFII SS UTE

hopefully they price it against the hsv offering, sub 100k.
burnz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2009, 09:46 PM   #37
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Has anyone actually confirmed this will happen or is all of this just coming from the one CarAdvice article?

It sort of reminds me of this in the lead up to the FG being released.
naddis01 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2009, 11:01 PM   #38
BOSSGT302

The Mister of War and Peace is grubbling about having a private mobile plus a work ph, a second GT will be worth the battle, Bring on the s/c Gt with serious KWs. I want a BOSS 351.
Old 14-06-2009, 11:26 PM   #39
ST
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnz
hopefully they price it against the hsv offering, sub 100k.
HSV don't have an offering, supercharged Clubsport is aftermarket.
Old 14-06-2009, 11:38 PM   #40
Joshvee
A New Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by EgoFalcon
If they do bring this out, I would say yes the f6 would be redundant
why? a simple flash tune and some stage 2 mods will see an F6 do 400 to 450 RWKW. and still get the great economy of a 6 (if u don't stick ur foot down) A supercharged V8 will suck the fuel like a coke addict.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST
HSV don't have an offering, supercharged Clubsport is aftermarket.
True, the 470 KW supercharged Clubsport is aftermarket, but thats still what the Supercharged GT will be compared to.

Last edited by Joshvee; 14-06-2009 at 11:47 PM.
Joshvee is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2009, 11:59 PM   #41
ST
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You'd be pretty stupid to compare them both. Comparing factory with aftermarket is illogical and irrelevant, especially in terms of price and power. The fact is that FPV are releasing a Supercharged GT and HSV doesn't have a competing supercharged vehicle.

Why can't we just have everybody give some positive feedback for Ford/FPV for once? They are doing something most of us Ford fans have been dreaming of since the GT badge was resurrected, a supercharged GT worthy of the badge. Instead we get "HSV has a 470kw supercharged Clubsport for under 100k" (which THEY don't) as though it won't satisfy you unless it matches those power and price figures which is ludicrous.

I'll bet even the boys on the LS1 forums are saying more positive things about the possibility of a supercharged GT than here. There is way too much negativity in this place lately.
Old 14-06-2009, 11:59 PM   #42
Thornie
Off smelting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brute6
F6 redundant???? I will guarantee you that won't happen for a fair while yet..... Don't expect much change to the F6 next July, but yes, the S/C V8 will certainly put something positive back into the Blue Oval!

exactly not while the FG F6's can pump out a 12 sec 1/4 stock
Thornie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-06-2009, 12:12 AM   #43
WASP
Whipple Induced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshvee
A supercharged V8 will suck the fuel like a coke addict.
That's not entirely true. In most cases a supercharger had the BOSS applications more fuel efficient to a point. When running 7psi on my stock engine, my average fuel usuage dropped from 17/ltrs to around 14/ltrs. With the bulit engine it wasn't as good, but it was running much higher boost. Generally speaking, the blower helps the engine run more effeciently. Can't speak for this new engine yet obviously.

Regardling the F6, I don't think it will be made redundant at all, but I do think it may lose some sales to the blown GT.

Colville
Old 15-06-2009, 12:25 AM   #44
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST
You'd be pretty stupid to compare them both. Comparing factory with aftermarket is illogical and irrelevant, especially in terms of price and power. The fact is that FPV are releasing a Supercharged GT and HSV doesn't have a competing supercharged vehicle.

Why can't we just have everybody give some positive feedback for Ford/FPV for once? They are doing something most of us Ford fans have been dreaming of since the GT badge was resurrected, a supercharged GT worthy of the badge. Instead we get "HSV has a 470kw supercharged Clubsport for under 100k" (which THEY don't) as though it won't satisfy you unless it matches those power and price figures which is ludicrous.

I'll bet even the boys on the LS1 forums are saying more positive things about the possibility of a supercharged GT than here. There is way too much negativity in this place lately.

Well said, the Supercharged version is not even confirmed but already has some showing their obvious discomfort at having some competition, and they are from the same camp. :
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-06-2009, 12:28 AM   #45
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Coupe
Well said, the Supercharged version is not even confirmed but already has some showing their obvious discomfort at having some competition, and they are from the same camp. :
you mean the 6T guys are getting upset??
burnz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-06-2009, 12:30 AM   #46
theboxmike

I like this very much if true :
theboxmike is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-06-2009, 12:58 AM   #47
schnoods
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It will be a matter of time, when Holden will borrow the Corvette 6.2 supercharged 8.

It is a great thing for any buyer/lover of the V8 indeed. If both camps have a blown version that puts out a genuine massive number (around the 500+ mark) there will be beers all round and even if ford isnt on top (in terms of a couple of numbers), we can still safely say that it might be a vehicle that stock will rock.

Long live the Bent 8!

95 EF XR8, Advance headers, Vortech V2 t trim blower, Ported Cobra Manifold, Capa Switch Chip Eliminator. 307 rwhp 395 ft/lb 13.2 @ 105mph

Now NA- AFR 165 heads, 1.6RR, Ported Cobra 269rwhp 14.2 ... needs stall and 4.11's

1977 CL Chrysler Panel Van, 360, 727 torqueflite auto soon to be restored.
schnoods is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-06-2009, 03:27 AM   #48
Joshvee
A New Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST
I'm not comparing them both but I'll bet good money that alot of Holden boys will. And so what if it's after market. It's still sold as a complete package, new with new warrenty. You wouldn't be stupid at all considering its sold new with the supercharger. It's not like buying a new car and then taking it to a tuner and getting a stage 1,2 or 3 tune and stuffing up ur warranty. The majority of ppl that buy a high performance car are not purists. I personally don't care if it is a Walkinshaw car. If I wanted the fastest Holden, that is what I'd get. And if I were to say, well my Holden is faster than your Ford, you'd say "comparing factory with aftermarket is illogical and irrelevant" I'd say "now your just making excuses" Technically, HSV and FPV aren't factory either. Are they? Arent they sent to their respective high performance branches and modified there? (I'm guessing this part coz I really don't know) And if I am wrong, then my argument in bold still applies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Coupe
Dude Im not upset that Ford may bring out a supercharged V8, I'm upset that someone recons it will make my new F6 redundant. they are 2 very different markets.
Old 15-06-2009, 03:41 AM   #49
EgoFalcon
The Villan

Your f6 isnt redundant at all and this build hasnt been confirmed yet but if it does get built I would expect that the f6 will get improvements aswell and mate, your f6 looks fabulous myself very jealous, and fuel prices might be where ford makes there profit from turbo 6 to v8.

I prefer the f6 to the gt's in my opinion.

...but I can't wait to see what figures this car can do...

The PX Ranger has arrived! XLT Metropolitean Grey

Previous Ride - 2007 BF MK II XR6 in Lightning Strike
EgoFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2009, 05:41 PM   #50
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Well, as far as unused TM's go, they could use either FPV GS (TM'ed same time as ECOBOOST) or GT-H (TM'ed same time as FORD KUGA)...

HSV Clubsport R8 VY (2003)
Black, 6sp Manual, Coulson Seats, Red on black interior, Pacemaker extractors, Twin 2.5" exhaust, Custom Red 20" VE GTS Rims, Custom Red Stitching
AWD Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2009, 11:08 AM   #51
ltd
Force Fed Fords

That is going to be one hell of a beast, look out HSV.

Quote: