Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 07-07-2010, 05:59 PM   #1
JPFS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community. 
Default And it's gone....

XR8 removed from Ford's website!

Let's hope that Ford provide some clarity around the future of this nameplate which has history and appeal worthy of continuation in some form, whether it be Ford or FPV badged.

JPFS1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2010, 06:01 PM   #2
Bluepower
KenneBell Australia

Damn........will they ever learn?

Bluepower Racing Developments

Proud Australian Distributors of Kenne Bell superchargers
The Quickest, The Fastest, The Baddest Boss Blower of all.

www.bluepower.com.au

Bluepower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2010, 06:25 PM   #3
fordv8!

hopefully its only because they don't have the 5.0 yet
fordv8! is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2010, 06:27 PM   #4
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2

i havent seen it on there for months
Giant Cranium is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2010, 06:28 PM   #5
Kryton

Considering they dont actually have an XR8 released with the current engine, you should be able to see why it isnt there.
How can you try and sell something when you havent even officially released the engine for it.
Just because it isnt there, doesnt mean its not coming back.
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2010, 06:34 PM   #6
My poor XF
Geelong FC 07, 09 & 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by davway
Considering they dont actually have an XR8 released with the current engine, you should be able to see why it isnt there.
How can you try and sell something when you havent even officially released the engine for it.

Bingo!
Old 07-07-2010, 06:38 PM   #7
rancidpunx
FPV GTR

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For technical contribution to all things car-care related. And helping/advising forum members with the best possible information. 

Notice the Turbo no longer lists its 270kw / 533nm engine power / torque.
- Veridian Green PJ Ranger XLT -
The Work Truck

rancidpunx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2010, 06:39 PM   #8
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Probably on it's way to someone else's website.

Or maybe Brent was right 12 over months ago....
Old 07-07-2010, 06:45 PM   #9
JPFS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davway
I understand that.

It was there this morning, now it's not. I'm simply pointing out the lack of direction and clarity. Are we to assume there are no XR8's in any dealers around the country? Where do prospective customers go for info?

I know the situation full well, many people may not.
Old 07-07-2010, 06:47 PM   #10
falzoony
Rockin '67

The XR8 ute is still there.

'67 XR Wagon
falzoony is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2010, 06:51 PM   #11
kiwimark

XR8 and XR6T are still on the ford NZ site with engine specs
kiwimark is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2010, 06:51 PM   #12
JPFS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by falzoony
The XR8 ute is still there.
yep... and if you want to use this to predict the future we could say that Ford AUS will only make available the V8 in their Ute, while FPV take on a sedan only lineup! Seems to conform to what others have been hearing for a while???
Old 07-07-2010, 06:59 PM   #13
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Theres still XR8s in stock but i believe Ford has removed it due to the legalities regarding EURO 4 and suggesting your still building a car that in fact is no longer in production / can be produced.

You will also note that Territory Turbo Ghia is also gone! But Falcon wagon is still there?? lol!
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2010, 07:07 PM   #14
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPFS1
yep... and if you want to use this to predict the future we could say that Ford AUS will only make available the V8 in their Ute, while FPV take on a sedan only lineup! Seems to conform to what others have been hearing for a while???
That wont work...

Ford wont take the ute with FPV doing the sedan, there will be issues with marketing the same product with a different badge. They will have to both be FPV's.. The question is whether it will be the FPV XR8 or the FPV GS.. My guess will be the XR8 as its still better alligned with the market its targetting, todays generations dont know what a GS is.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2010, 08:03 PM   #15
R-Design
Guess Who's Back?

A Ford/FPV webite which isn't properly maintained, there's a shock! According to the 'Build Your FPV' option on FPV.com.au you can get a GT in Sunburst. Good luck with that!
Old 07-07-2010, 08:15 PM   #16
Resurrection
I was correct - AGAIN

XR8 will reappear in October this year.
Resurrection is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2010, 09:45 PM   #17
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

are the v8's still on the FPV website??
Joe5619 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2010, 09:55 PM   #18
JPFS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss315
A Ford/FPV webite which isn't properly maintained, there's a shock! According to the 'Build Your FPV' option on FPV.com.au you can get a GT in Sunburst. Good luck with that!
They seemed to change their tune with XR8 on the website as the day went on.

It was initially listed there under models, and build & quote but where it said "Bluetooth® mobile phone integration # and iPod Integration + are now standard across the range"...

in brackers in the end (except XR8)...

Then later it was removed completely.

I'm sure it will be back...
Old 07-07-2010, 09:59 PM   #19
JPFS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss315
Oh and staff have been able to order Sunburst for their lease vehicles prior to public launch.
Old 07-07-2010, 10:14 PM   #20
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfiipursuit
Theres still XR8s in stock but i believe Ford has removed it due to the legalities regarding EURO 4 and suggesting your still building a car that in fact is no longer in production / can be produced.

You will also note that Territory Turbo Ghia is also gone! But Falcon wagon is still there?? lol!
Theres some fine print at the bottom which says the wagon will be phased out in the 2nd half of 2010. Limited stock still available.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2010, 10:23 PM   #21
Gobes32
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I believe Ford are exempt from euro 4 with the e-gas wagons?
A G8E would be good if Ford marketed squarely at Calais V8 owners. They need to bring back the walking fingers like in the initial FG ads, but this time have the fingers crushing Calais' as they walk along, with some relaxing background Led Zeppelin music and Marcos Ambrose in stubbies and singlet driving it.
Gobes32 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2010, 10:24 PM   #22
JPFS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
That wont work...

Ford wont take the ute with FPV doing the sedan, there will be issues with marketing the same product with a different badge. They will have to both be FPV's.. The question is whether it will be the FPV XR8 or the FPV GS.. My guess will be the XR8 as its still better alligned with the market its targetting, todays generations dont know what a GS is.
Let's just see what happens.

If we are to believe this note ...

Quote:
Sole V8 Variant is now XR8
which now appears on the FPV Commercial (ie Ute) ADR document... then things might look interesting.
Old 07-07-2010, 10:24 PM   #23
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked
Theres some fine print at the bottom which says the wagon will be phased out in the 2nd half of 2010. Limited stock still available.
I wonder, I just wonder, whether Ford would consider some kind of left field deal with the last say, 50 wagons and make them XR6 Turbo wagons. I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have trouble finding homes for only 50 of them.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2010, 10:26 PM   #24
JPFS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Road Warrior... not a chance...
Old 07-07-2010, 10:26 PM   #25
04redxr8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I understand that.

It was there this morning, now it's not. I'm simply pointing out the lack of direction and clarity. Are we to assume there are no XR8's in any dealers around the country? Where do prospective customers go for info?

I know the situation full well, many people may not.
I went here.

Didn't Ford do something similar to this from XE to XF. Keeping customers in the dark will only hurt sales. Not improve them. They didn't learn through all the past years and they are still not learning today. I hope one day, they figure it out before it's too late.

I did go out to buy a new XR8. Trouble was the price was so unrealistic for the car it seemed like a bad joke.
04redxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2010, 10:30 PM   #26
JPFS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

04redxr8

Nice one!

That's the exact sort of thing Ford need to avoid.
Old 07-07-2010, 10:32 PM   #27
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
Road Warrior... not a chance...
Yeah yeah I know. I'm just sayin, yo.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2010, 10:34 PM   #28
b2tf
not here much anymore

Oh dear. Another step in the wrong direction for Ford I think.......
Old 07-07-2010, 10:41 PM   #29
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

If it is the end of the line for the XR8 badge, im disapointed in Ford Australia, i love the XR brand and will always have many memories of different XR8 models as i was growing up including the one i now own.

IMHO They put the model in an average position with the performance & pricing of the XR6T and decided to not act on it for too long, as a send of the GS should have been the "last Hurrah" for the XR8 badge, not just silently removed it from their website hoping people don't notice.
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2010, 10:48 PM   #30
04redxr8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
04redxr8

Nice one!

That's the exact sort of thing Ford need to avoid.
Thank you. I posted that up hoping someone from Ford may see it. That is a sale that Ford lost. I have wanted a V8 ute for a few years now. Finally decided to do it. I really wanted an XR8 (even with a Boss), but unfortunately Ford don't seem to think they need to do runout deals on them. Its end of financial year, and the dealer i went to offered me a base spec (no options) XR8 for $43,000 on road. (it was built JUL '09).

The commodore is an SSV (think XR8 with luxury pack, technology pack and safety pack) for $40,750 on road. Brand new.

Sorry, Ford, your losing the sales race for a reason. Your product is far superior, just your management of it is appalling.

The dealer even told me they haven't built an XR8 in 2 months.
04redxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post