Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 09-09-2011, 01:42 PM   #211
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Default Re: So your the CEO: what would you change with Falcon?

For me I think the Falcon sadly is becoming more obsolete with the rise of SUV's and even to a smaller extent dual cab pickups that are becoming more and more like multi task vehicles when you look at the upper ends of the range.

The Mondeo represents a problem in that it basically does everything the falcon does and better in most cases.

Also the Falcon needs more volume, even at figures the commy sells Im sure the case gets harder and harder each evolution to justify its existence; One Ford will do no favours for that.

So, in saying that all is not lost. What the falcon does deliver on is performance through RWD. For me it would be a two pronged approach. Have a luxury line, two spec models, and a performance line, with two spec models. Or even just two different styles and you option what pack you want.

So the Luxury car would be styled differently to the rest of the range, why have a Falcon looking like a Focus/Mondeo, makes no sense. Something like what Chrysler has done with the 300C. Out there but not too crazy. Then you can option one of the following engines, I4T, TDI, 6, 6LPG or V8.

With Performance you would keep the XR range and offer only XR6T (V6 or I6, whatever) and a V8. Have two trim levels, basic or Luxury which would be the same as the base luxury above..if you want a full luxury with a XR bad luck, get a full spec Luxury car. Then the XR would be styled more aggressively as it is now.

Then FPV stays the same, using the XR models as the base and they continue with Miami and the F6.

No more XT, want povo then get a base mondeo. Have the Luxury base model not to overly price in order for it to take the sales volume, even if the margin is small, try and make it up via upgrades.

I dont think blending the Falcon into a global look is going to help its cause much.

Id probably drop the ute while I was at it and make the ranger more attractive, and FFS make a V8 ranger.
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2011, 06:46 PM   #212
XRDeeze
UTRIED

get rid of the Taurus

Townsville Drag 1/10/11 PB: 15.34 @ 91.09 mph
XRDeeze is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2011, 08:13 PM   #213
FalconXV
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

After the Ecoboost model has run it's course and desensitized large car buyers on the 4 cyl issue, bring out a lower tier model with an engine made in Geelong.
a half barra. 2.0 inline 3 with same bore/stroke ratio as 6, higher comp ratio afforded by iron block, and offset crank to keep it smooth. Turbo and LPG variants. Variable valve lift.
Turbo running much smaller turbo at higher boost than XR6T, should yield around 170kW. Less rotating mass means higher redline too.
Torque would be adequate, lighter steering, gearbox and driveline components would be added for better feel .
'Half barra' engine could open the range, and the whole engine would sit behind the front axle line. Keeps a link to Falcon past while adapting to the future.
Also, revive Falcon wagon and fit 4.0 to Ranger.

v6 Focus, Fiesta with Miami engine behind drivers seat, Dual Engine Territory; Diesel under bonnet with I6 behind second row. 6/10ths scale Falcon sedan that conforms to Japanese kei car regulations. Ford definitely needs to hire me ;) .
FalconXV is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2011, 08:21 PM   #214
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Look into bringing the F250 over at around $55-$60K.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2011, 11:34 PM   #215
cedric
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo
Look into bringing the F250 over at around $55-$60K.
i will second that but 35-40 like they pay.
and BIGGER WHEELS on the falcon, it is the only full sized performance car in the world with small profile tyres, ie 245/35 19 when camaro,ve,mustang,300c,charger,most if not all the euro's have the looks of 19's-20's but still have decent sidewalls you can then have good looks and good ride
cedric is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post