Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 15-12-2011, 03:27 PM   #31
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 
Default Re: Police bash hoon drivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auslandau
Easy to sit in judgement based on 30 seconds of video with no sound with no idea on how long these blokes may have been a problem for the town. A few very good clips behind the ear may have been the only way to deal with them after a few years of public harassment. I have known enough blokes in my time that deserve this and more ...... whether it is right or wrong depends of course on your tolerance of these type of people.
Hoon laws mean they will lose licence etc. and if not first offence quite likely to be given at least public service orders etc. The penalties are stiff and by and large even the minimums are stiff for first offence, let alone third offence.

--- The following is police statement

From 1 July, 2011 police will have the power to immediately impound hoon vehicles for 30 days, a significant increase on the current two day period.

Repeat offenders will also face court where they risk losing their vehicle for a further three months, with a minimum 45 days, or having their vehicle seized permanently.

The news gets worse for dangerous drivers, with the range of hoon offences also increasing to include repeat drink, drug and unlicensed driving, as well as overloading a vehicle with passengers.

Since hoon laws were introduced in 2006:

Police have impounded more than 14,500 vehicles.
About 96 per cent of hoon offenders are male.
About 41 per cent of hoon offenders are aged 18 to 21; 24 per cent are aged 22 to 25; almost 13 per cent are aged 26 to 29.
The 30 to 39 year old age group are the fastest growing group for hoon offenders, increasing from 11 per cent of offenders is 2006 to 17 per cent of offenders in 2011.
More than 45 per cent of hoon offenders are full licensed drivers, with probationary drivers making up 38 per cent of offenders.
Excessive speed is the most common offence (5474 offences), followed by improper use of a motor vehicle (5013 offences).
Old 15-12-2011, 03:28 PM   #32
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulsty
Mansfields my old home town.....

I dont condone the actions of either party, both stupid and irresponsible, but "some" of the local coppers there have gotten away with much worse.

Some of that areas local coppers can be really good, i've been defected in the area before, but it was totally reasonable and after about 30 secs the copper was a resonable fella, but as with everything there is always a minority that take it to far (from both sides of the law) etc etc and ruin all.
We all should heed this very important point.
Old 15-12-2011, 03:38 PM   #33
IDT
Marko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tread_
Agreed, every police encounter I've had, whether it be a routine stop to being pulled over for speeding, has been met with extreme sarcasm and what seems to be attempts at invoking a reaction out of me.

None of my police experiences have been pleasant, and I've being "yes sir, no sir 3 bags full sir" 99% of the time, I really don't understand their attitude towards me. Now being 28 years of age and having this consistent behaviour by police since I got my license at 17, doesn't leave me with the best impression.
I have been driving since 17 and am now 42. I have never had anything but polite behaviour and courtesy from Police. That includes a DUI in my early 20's as well as a bunch of other encounters you would expect from a young soldier (From 17 to 25 years old). They get treated like crap way too often and on occassion one or two may snap. On this occasion the punishment exceeds the crime in my opinion.
Old 15-12-2011, 03:40 PM   #34
Windsor342ci
The Experience...

I cant say in recent years Ive had any problems with the NSW Police Force. Considering I have a shady past (Traffic Offences) when I was on my P's. Im actually greatful they dont judge me on that.
Ive been pulled over for RBT's etc etc, nothing. No rudeness or anything. That being said, I do my very best from my behaviour to not give them a reason to want to throw the book at me.
When I was younger, a different story, I asked for the trouble I got in.. Nowa days, sure, If they wanted to defect either of my cars they'd have a list pages long, but nothing, I greet them, I show respect and off I got. I can confidently say in about 5 years Ive had no dramas with attitude and its now been over 3 yrs since my last fine.
Old 15-12-2011, 03:41 PM   #35
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 

I agree, I have always been treated well by the police. Which goes to show what a bad apple such as this thug actually is and why he should be weeded out, and one would think almost every member of the force would be shamed by his actions and want him out also.
Old 15-12-2011, 03:43 PM   #36
atec77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTDHO
I read this in the paper.

Surprised they didn't get away with it.
This , and should have
Old 15-12-2011, 03:52 PM   #37
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnews
Hoon laws mean they will lose licence etc. and if not first offence quite likely to be given at least public service orders etc. The penalties are stiff and by and large even the minimums are stiff for first offence, let alone third offence.

--- The following is police statement

From 1 July, 2011 police will have the power to immediately impound hoon vehicles for 30 days, a significant increase on the current two day period.

Repeat offenders will also face court where they risk losing their vehicle for a further three months, with a minimum 45 days, or having their vehicle seized permanently.

The news gets worse for dangerous drivers, with the range of hoon offences also increasing to include repeat drink, drug and unlicensed driving, as well as overloading a vehicle with passengers.

Since hoon laws were introduced in 2006:

Police have impounded more than 14,500 vehicles.
About 96 per cent of hoon offenders are male.
About 41 per cent of hoon offenders are aged 18 to 21; 24 per cent are aged 22 to 25; almost 13 per cent are aged 26 to 29.
The 30 to 39 year old age group are the fastest growing group for hoon offenders, increasing from 11 per cent of offenders is 2006 to 17 per cent of offenders in 2011.
More than 45 per cent of hoon offenders are full licensed drivers, with probationary drivers making up 38 per cent of offenders.
Excessive speed is the most common offence (5474 offences), followed by improper use of a motor vehicle (5013 offences).
As I stated ........ no one here knows what transpired before hand and for how long. Was it just a simple traffic offence or was it a combination of something else that resulted in this? Not saying the actions were reasonable or required but take enough crap from someone and any reasonable person will snap eventually .... warranted or not.

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 15-12-2011, 03:58 PM   #38
Tread_
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluepower
Its nearly wrong for anyone to even comment on this unless they have put their backside on the line and worn a badge for a living.

Doing a burnout in front of a Police station? Are these punks for real?

What did they expect from the police? milk and cookies?

Just a few years ago a hoon driver killed a bunch of people walking home from a party in Mildura, has anyone in this thread stopped to think of where hoon behaviour could end up? What about the poor coppers who delivered the death messages? Ever heard of Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome??

Good on the police for delivering a lesson to some punks who obviously needed it. I reckon they were only love taps anyway.

my 2c
What about the legitimately decent cop who might have had to deliver the death messsage to the hoon's parents/family if the cop beat him too hard?

2 sides of the coin here IMO. 2 wrongs don't make a right.

Wasn't there that "1 punch can kill" campaign not that long ago?
Old 15-12-2011, 04:03 PM   #39
ltd_on20s
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Excessive speed is the most common offence (5474 offences),
excessive speed is now hooning?
Old 15-12-2011, 04:04 PM   #40
mcnews
Trev

Makes you sick doesn't it.... And I think in Victoria 25 over in a 100 zone puts you in that category... 35 in a different zone, I might be out a little but I know it is pathetic.
Old 15-12-2011, 04:04 PM   #41
Bluepower
KenneBell Australia

Quote:
What about the legitimately decent cop who might have had to deliver the death messsage to the hoon's parents/family if the cop beat him too hard?

Injuries were minimal, lessons learned.

Your obviously not a cop, and hiding behind a new name isnt new.....

These kids could have taken out anyone with their stupid behaiviour.

2 wrongs dont make a right? I dont see anything wrong on Vicpol's part.

2 smart alec's, 2 lessons learnt, 2 cops that should have recieved promotions.
I was omygod so shocked to see a VN commodore in the background.....

Bluepower Racing Developments

Proud Australian Distributors of Kenne Bell superchargers
The Quickest, The Fastest, The Baddest Boss Blower of all.

www.bluepower.com.au

Old 15-12-2011, 04:04 PM   #42
mcnews
Trev

Quote:
That was only meant for non coppers though... If they do it you must have deserved it...
Old 15-12-2011, 04:07 PM   #43
Tread_
Starter Motor

Quote:
Injuries were minimal, lessons learned.

Your obviously not a cop, and hiding behind a new name isnt new.....

These kids could have taken out anyone with their stupid behaiviour.

2 wrongs dont make a right? I dont see anything wrong on Vicpol's part.

2 smart alec's, 2 lessons learnt, 2 cops that should have recieved promotions.
I was omygod so shocked to see a VN commodore in the background.....
Would you not concede that both incidents, the hooning AND the bashing/beating/whatever your want to call it had the POTENTIAL to be fatal?

I don't condone either of the actions in question, and I have nothing to hide as I am actually a new member of this forum, not that I can see why that has any relevance regardless..
Old 15-12-2011, 04:09 PM   #44
Tread_
Starter Motor

Quote:
That was only meant for non coppers though... If they do it you must have deserved it...
So it's a "do as I say not as I do" kind of situation?

Shouldn't the Police be leading by example? I don't understand the logic there.
Old 15-12-2011, 04:13 PM   #45
raised by monkeys
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

i understand what people are saying about hoons thinking about what could happen as a result of their behaviour. It wasnt that long ago i would be a little silly on the streets as a young driver, and thank god, and close to, i havent caused any injury to anyone but my own pride.

However, i wouldnt condone the beating of someone by police. Where does it stop then? J-walking?

Current
SY FPV F6X Territory #214
Previous
FG MkII G6E Turbo built by Heinrichs Performance and Tuning
BFII FPV TORNADO #0021 351rwkw - Heinrich Performance and Tuning

"Milk is for babies. When you grow up you have to drink beer" - Arnold Schwarzenegger
Old 15-12-2011, 04:14 PM   #46
mcnews
Trev

Quote:
So it's a "do as I say not as I do" kind of situation?

Shouldn't the Police be leading by example? I don't understand the logic there.
Sarcasm mate :-)
Old 15-12-2011, 04:17 PM   #47
Tread_
Starter Motor

Quote:
Sarcasm mate :-)
Oh haha my bad :P
Old 15-12-2011, 04:20 PM   #48
roberts
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

how many drivers?
Old 15-12-2011, 04:24 PM   #49
Bluepower
KenneBell Australia

Quote:
Would you not concede that both incidents, the hooning AND the bashing/beating/whatever your want to call it had the POTENTIAL to be fatal?

I don't condone either of the actions in question, and I have nothing to hide as I am actually a new member of this forum, not that I can see why that has any relevance regardless..
If they were behaving like respectful citizens, they wouldn't have required an attitude adjustment.

Bluepower Racing Developments

Proud Australian Distributors of Kenne Bell superchargers
The Quickest, The Fastest, The Baddest Boss Blower of all.

www.bluepower.com.au

Old 15-12-2011, 04:27 PM   #50
Tread_
Starter Motor

Quote:
If they were behaving like respectful citizens, they wouldn't have required an attitude adjustment.
So is that a yes to my question or..?
Old 15-12-2011, 04:36 PM   #51
Linkachu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Some people need sense beaten into them, I for one think it is what is missing these days.
My old man told me stories of how drunken idiots/abusive people were put in the divy and taken out a dirt road, givin a floggin and made to walk back. They usually learnt their lesson after that.
Old 15-12-2011, 04:36 PM   #52
CAT600
I miss my wheelbarrow
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out fellow AFF members... Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Daniels knowledge of modular engines and superchargers is extremely valuable to the AFF community. I have learnt quite a bit just reading his build threads. His contributions are often utilised by other members. 

I drive fast, I get caught, I NEVER get beaten

There is more to this than do-gooders would have us believe, these guys will have shot their mouths off and then received a lesson in manners and humility.

As I say, I treat the long arm of the law with the respect it deserved, and i've NEVER been on the receiving end of any violence.

Daniel
Old 15-12-2011, 04:37 PM   #53
mcnews
Trev

"Quote - Some people need sense beaten into them, I for one think it is what is missing these days.
My old man told me stories of how drunken idiots/abusive people were put in the divy and taken out a dirt road, givin a floggin and made to walk back. They usually learnt their lesson after that."

--

Yeah let's go back to them days. Repeal the right to vote for women and abo's while you're at it too! Let the church brothers keep kiddy fiddling under the carpet etc. it all goes with going back to those great old times...
Old 15-12-2011, 04:38 PM   #54
FordACE
Fast Ford to the Future

Smile Re: Police bash hoon drivers

Quote:
Agreed, every police encounter I've had, whether it be a routine stop to being pulled over for speeding, has been met with extreme sarcasm and what seems to be attempts at invoking a reaction out of me.

None of my police experiences have been pleasant, and I've being "yes sir, no sir 3 bags full sir" 99% of the time, I really don't understand their attitude towards me. Now being 28 years of age and having this consistent behaviour by police since I got my license at 17, doesn't leave me with the best impression.
I had this recently. Was driving home from work doing 60 in a 60 zone and in the dark pulled up on the side of the road were two police officers (lights off) pulling up cars for random breath test. Fair enough I thought. Until the officer accused me of speeding and was being quite aggressive toward me. The whole thing left quite a bitter taste in my mouth. I've only ever had one speeding fine in my 13 years of driving (was doing 70 in a 60 zone even though i thought it was a 70 zone, my bad).

Anyway, he certainly made my blood boil but I stayed as calm as possible.

Back on topic, the cops got what they deserved here. You can't go around bashing people just because you feel like it.
Old 15-12-2011, 04:51 PM   #55
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT600

There is more to this than do-gooders would have us believe, these guys will have shot their mouths off and then received a lesson in manners and humility.

As I say, I treat the long arm of the law with the respect it deserved, and i've NEVER been on the receiving end of any violence.

Daniel
Agree ......

I thought that a whole 25 seconds of video evidence would be enough for anyone to know the history of what went on? Yes? No?

People do get to the stage of just taking so much crap and then popping and the pop that went on, while the video on its own is not crash hot, could very much been the result of a long standing clash between hot headed d'heads mouthing off once too much. There is a straw that breaks the camels back and that may have been it. I don't know why they went troppo and to take either side without the facts is a bit naive and typical of the do-gooders standing up for the dregs out there.

How many threads have I read on people wanting to visit those who steal their cars or vandalise their property. Maybe a favour was just performed for a few out their and if the full story was known, a different attitude would transpire .........

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 15-12-2011, 04:58 PM   #56
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Stupidity on both sides.

Burnouts in front of the cop shop, what did they think was going to happen?

Then the cops flogging them with batons. Good way to leave scars for evidence you idiots, and in front of a camera. Real smart.

A clip behind the ears was probably warranted, but a flogging with a baton is in another league. I'm not against some lower levels of society given a bit of a touch up with say a punch in the guts, but batons?

The 2 cops are as dumb as the hoons.
Old 15-12-2011, 05:20 PM   #57
Fireblade
Wizard Member

Haven't seen the video until now and didn't want to remark until I had, I understand some opinions of this on both sides, I was expecting to see a copper giving him a touch up not a full on beating that was given (Reminds me of the Rodney King incident), that copper makes a mockery of the law he is supposed to be upholding and is no better than your garden variety thug, I don't care what these guys have done unless it was a retaliation to violence towards them then it may be warranted but if that didn't happen there is no good excuse/reason for this and they should be brought to justice with a much firmer sentence than your common criminal, the police are not above the law and cannot and must not act this way, they are meant to be role models and upstanding citizens, these 3 (not just the 2 that acted but also the one standing by and watching) are dirt and deserve no respect.
Old 15-12-2011, 05:44 PM   #58
b055m4n

Thumbs down Re: Police bash hoon drivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT600

Daniel
I agree they had it coming they must have mouthed off, cops have got enough to deal with out this crap..
Old 15-12-2011, 05:51 PM   #59
blackf6
R51 Pathy, 91 Jayco Swan

Part of me thinks these idiots were deliberatly taunting the police so they got what was coming to them. Exactly who in their right mind would be doing burnouts in front of a police station?
Old 15-12-2011, 05:51 PM   #60
mcnews
Trev

Putting up with crap like bashing defenceless young men who have surrendered and are sitting on the ground with their hands behind their backs for a good beating with batons while throwing in kicks and punches to boot... I didn't think that was crap they put up with, I thought it was crap they did for fun....
Closed Thread