Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 07-06-2013, 12:00 PM   #211
PridenJoy
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his contributions to the forum, especially showcased with his highly detailed AU build threads. He is a fountain of AU knowledge. 
Default Re: Commodore Anyone?

Must give kudos to Holden marketing, you can tell they actually WANT to sell the car.
PridenJoy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 07-06-2013, 12:17 PM   #212
WPR1

The new add is great well done.

BUT I have had 2 new commodores in the last 10 years and I will not be going back. Problem after problem and I didn't like the way they drive.

I'll be staying with Ford as I prefer the product (I actually like driving my Fords, I didn't like driving the Holdens).

That said if Ford pull out of local racing it is going to make me reassess.
WPR1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2013, 04:47 PM   #213
DanielXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazen View Post
Brilliant ad. Holden are giving this their best shot - you have to admire a company that actually fights for its market.

The last one Ford did for Falcon was the BA launch. About the same time Ford Australia had its last good boss.
DanielXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2013, 04:51 PM   #214
GT014

I sat in one and spent 30 mins in a SS, SV6 and SSV today and I must say they look pretty darn good in the flesh, I was pleasantly surprised.

The interior is absolutely fantastic, the quality and finish are light years ahead of VE and a lot better than FG. Although I'm a Ford man, holden had really gone out with a bang on the VF.
Old 07-06-2013, 04:54 PM   #215
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

That ad is what all new cars to market should have.
An overview of the features it has. Good marketing.
Old 07-06-2013, 07:06 PM   #216
302 XC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazen View Post
Its a good ad,but why does it take the thought of closure or that Nissan are kickin their butt in sales to finally come up with a good ad

If its a good product why not tell everyone,not wait till the horse has bolted ...
302 XC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2013, 10:49 PM   #217
Bearman
Moderator Ford Coupe Club

I checked a few out today. The front is a little neater, hate the Camry-ish rear end but the interior is fantastic. Seriously hate the SS rims.

Externally I actually prefer the VE Sedan over the VF.

Would I buy one? Maybe a Ute, they are still a good looker. Some great VE runout deals going.

One interesting comment from one of the salesmen was that if Ford didn't announce pulling out of producing locally Holden probably would have. He said they were really struggling and that the Ford decision has given Holden a major free kick.

I have since heard that buyers are avoiding Ford in droves because people are worried about the availability of parts. Wonder if this rings true??

http://www.fordcoupeclub.org

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there" George Harrison 2001.
Bearman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2013, 11:46 PM   #218
stang65
FPRJET

It`s what Ford America didn`t understand the Australian arm was always the Falcon company, they can shout it out as loud as they want but people will always identify Ford with Falcon.

Now that it`s gone this will be the result, what kills me is mululay or whatever his name is said don`t kill the Taurus name you have invested so much money into branding yet the Falcon name was big in America, here and other countries and he killed it.
Old 08-06-2013, 12:08 AM   #219
gtxb67
moderator ford coupe club

what australians didn't understand was if they didn't buy the australian cars, at some point, they would no longer be made here - and very soon, that point will arrive

the falcon isn't selling - it doesn't matter if nothing else does in 2016. not importing cars that don't sell, is a win when comparing it to losing millions of dollars each year by building cars here that don't sell either
gtxb67 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2013, 03:00 AM   #220
MAFIA
Grange killer!!!!

commodore....not 100% aussie made
cruze.....still a Korean Daewoo
camry.....damn ugly
aurion.....V6+FWD don't mix

INSURED BY MAFIA. YOU HIT US, WE KILL YOU!

FORD FTE AU T-SERIES CLUB OF AUSTRALIA
www.tseriesclub.org
MAFIA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2013, 09:46 PM   #221
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAFIA View Post
commodore....not 100% aussie made
cruze.....still a Korean Daewoo
Commodore mightn't be all Aussie parts, but to compete in the Aussie markets, they have to get parts from O/S as our labour costs are bloody expensive....If it was 100% Aussie sourced parts, they would have gone under years ago...The same applies to Ford Falcons....

Cruze....Obvious you don't know too much about them....So I'll leave it right there

Please read the manual carefully, as the these manufacturers spent millions of dollars making sure it is perfect.....Now why are there so many problems with my car, when I follow the instructions to the letter?....Answer, majority rules round here

Lock me up and throw away the key because I'm a hoon....I got caught doing 59 in a 60 zone
svo supporter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post