Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 09-12-2005, 05:36 PM   #61
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gozza
a stock crx 5spd woulld beat an i6 with minor mods easily
uh, a stock one doesn't beat a stock ea mp efi 5 speed.
XA-Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2005, 05:39 PM   #62
gozza

well i didn't say 5spd did i lol
stock 5spd crx will do 15.5 1/4's

i can't see a stock i6 doing it any quicker
gozza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2005, 05:41 PM   #63
gozza

i can see a debate comming on
i was just expressive my opinion on how i respect the cars engines and drivelines
i had an 84 civic 5spd and the manual in it was a dream
gozza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2005, 05:42 PM   #64
LUXO_8
windsor user

Quote:

how can that be a fair comparison then???
you have to put manuals with manuals if you want to compare them....

on the ricer-ness, i saw a stock EF Fairmont today with a aluminium ricer wing on the boot...
got a photo of it on my phone but cant work out how to upload it to my pc...grr
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2005, 05:43 PM   #65
boss-290

Quote:
Originally Posted by montyv8
so the XF ute with the BA front is also rice?
i dont think it is. they're both butt ugly, but not rice.
Why would you torment a BA?

:
Old 09-12-2005, 05:56 PM   #66
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Raven that was a great laugh you gave me. It reminded of guys from Uni. One in particular with a riced up Hyundai!!

Today I saw a Riced up Lancer down Lygon St he struggled to do a U-turn because his wheels were so big that it was rubbing against the guard with a quarter turn of the wheel. My g/f summed it up perfectly when she said "What a loser".
vztrt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2005, 06:54 PM   #67
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by boss-290
Its a waste of a VY commy I wonder what happened to the other end, it was probably badly damaged.
Quote:
Originally Posted by montyv8
so the XF ute with the BA front is also rice?
i dont think it is. they're both butt ugly, but not rice.
I have to agree with both of these statements.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2005, 07:34 PM   #68
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Quote:

So how long have you owned the CRX ? :
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2005, 07:40 PM   #69
ClassicAU
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ech, CRX. Its like honda couldnt afford to make new car, so the just chopped an old one in half!

and shift lights on an automatic car, i dont care what it is, has got to be rice!
oh, and a Fairmont Ghia grille on a Futura! :P
ClassicAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2005, 07:43 PM   #70
SSBUB
SSuper SSpy

im gonna get flamed big time for this but it says in Ravens post that one rice identifier is naming the specs of your car which include things like stereos, neons and what not...i have noticed theres a few posts here that label these types of things. Are they rice?
SSBUB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2005, 07:45 PM   #71
ClassicAU
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

thats true. since when is an aftermarket stereo in a standard car rice? arnt we allowed to apreciate good quality sound?
ClassicAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2005, 07:59 PM   #72
LUXO_8
windsor user

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSBUB
im gonna get flamed big time for this but it says in Ravens post that one rice identifier is naming the specs of your car which include things like stereos, neons and what not...i have noticed theres a few posts here that label these types of things. Are they rice?
having the equipment isnt rice, its class, but having stickers plastared all over the car telling others you have the equipment is pure rice......sorry but thats my belief
Old 09-12-2005, 08:05 PM   #73
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Worst common culprit i see are stock 6 cylinder auto sedans with 5" monster taco's, but i suppose they need them to see where the auto is changing gears for them, and the big shift light is good for getting a sun tan while doing a burnout.
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2005, 08:09 PM   #74
M14A-Mclaren
Foo Fighter

Rice, IMO is based purely on opinion, cannot be put down to one thing.
M14A-Mclaren is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2005, 08:16 PM   #75
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Not to mention this one. Big wing, side skirts, carbon fibre bonnet and big wheels. And its a 6 Cyl. Bloody ricer :

Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2005, 08:23 PM   #76
Rmyers
Does Steve have a car?

Rice really is in the eye of the beholder. The japanese car community also use the term "rice", which define IMO what should be classified as rice (underbody neons, huge towel rack rear wings etc). Aussie car owners usually have a broader veiw of what defines rice, often being anything that is of japanese origion.

"When Chuck Norris jumps into water, he does not get wet, the water gets Chuck Norris..."
Rmyers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2005, 08:37 PM   #77
XD-Machine
proud xd owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by PULLY6
Any non-functional "over the top" exterior modification.
bigger rims the 16inch stockies are classified as ricey then.

In my opinion ricey is over the top. Grapics can be good if are small but noticable eg a hood graphic. Bigger rims can look good but if you go to big like tempy typer's VL with 24inch rims that looks ricey. Small sleak spoilers can look good but big over compensation spoilers make a car look ricey. I can go on and on but you get what i mean.

My XD's progress http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=20847
XD-Machine is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2005, 08:42 PM   #78
Psycho Chicken
Banned

LTD badges on Fairlanes!
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2005, 08:48 PM   #79
GlennBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by VY18s
Mate whlist you have your own opinion which is cool with me.

Its different and original how many VLs do you see around with VY SS fronts on them?

Also where would the originality be if it still had the normal VL front? it would just be another boring red VL Turbo.
now it looks like another boring red vy ss..
GlennBA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2005, 08:49 PM   #80
LUXO_8
windsor user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Chicken
LTD badges on Fairlanes!
ahahahahaha shutup!
Old 09-12-2005, 08:50 PM   #81
GlennBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked
Bloody ricer :
bull

thats done tastefully..
i think rice is something that looks cheap and tacky.
GlennBA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2005, 10:06 PM   #82
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

I know have a ricer BF F6 got I computer cover and top air deflector panel in carbon fibre from AWC...
Its my rice, my money and i like it...

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2005, 10:26 PM   #83
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

2 Artists, same paint brushes, same pallet of paints, one produces rice the other a masterpiece.

Quote:
Not to mention this one. Big wing, side skirts, carbon fibre bonnet and big wheels. And its a 6 Cyl. Bloody ricer :

DOC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2005, 10:33 PM   #84
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:

I run a standard BA 6cyl XT auto 15.5 at Heathcote few months back half a tank of 91 ron fuel. 93.5mph and i ain't no light weight jockey... :

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2005, 12:21 AM   #85
Blue Oval Mopar Man
Has Blue Blood

I think its a matter of taste ! you can get 2 identical cars and 2 different people modify them , do similar mods to them and one can look realy good work well and be easy to live with ! The other one looks like a comic strip car with oversize flairs and spoilers, lights all over it doesnt go like it should with similar money spent on the mechanicals and couldnt pass a roadside test ! In my opinion , Rice is the second car . I dont know hy there is so much confusion on this so called issue!

I think if it looks like some shytebox thats just come from japan and was owned by some streetdrifter then its basically rice ! If it looks more like it was well thought out and professionaly moded car well usually not ! ya see the other type all the time ! The car looks all shiney with its billion dollar graphics , doof doof , 18 inch blings , more lights than the myer christmas tree, and looks like its doing a million miles an hour standing still. then he takes off and the thing sounds like 100 poofs farting in sucsession and is going nowwhere fast to get overtaken by a chick on a moeped ! that is most deffinately rice

A shaker on a BA GT is rice not! But my thought is its shape and contrast is just not complimenting the already tough sexy shape the car natrally has ! maybe the same sort of thing but designed to fit the car better might work, but why screw around with a perfect design ??????????

I'm not arrogent , Just superior
Blue Oval Mopar Man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2005, 12:26 AM   #86
Blue Oval Mopar Man
Has Blue Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOC
2 Artists, same paint brushes, same pallet of paints, one produces rice the other a masterpiece.

This car , is not rice . Some one has used a real car and buily a copy of a HIV CLUBBEDSEAL! :voldar02:

Old 10-12-2005, 12:28 AM   #87
Blue Oval Mopar Man
Has Blue Blood

Quote:

Sorry , This car ! hehehe

I cant remember who said it best , but they said something about an explosion in a Darth Vader Helmut factory !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-12-2005, 12:45 AM   #88
XD-Machine
proud xd owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by VY18s
A VY SS front on a VL isnt rice its unqiue. :

Anything that looks completly stupid to me is rice.

I.e those big *** Holden or Ford stickers across the front window of Commodores and Falcons like hello we know its a Holden and a Ford no need to remind us. _
what about a rules sign, i saw one of them and it seemed cool cause u new it was a holdern and it has rules on it.

Old 10-12-2005, 12:48 AM   #89
XD-Machine
proud xd owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Oval Mopar Man
I think its a matter of taste ! you can get 2 identical cars and 2 different people modify them , do similar mods to them and one can look realy good work well and be easy to live with ! The other one looks like a comic strip car with oversize flairs and spoilers, lights all over it doesnt go like it should with similar money spent on the mechanicals and couldnt pass a roadside test ! In my opinion , Rice is the second car . I dont know hy there is so much confusion on this so called issue!

I think if it looks like some shytebox thats just come from japan and was owned by some streetdrifter then its basically rice ! If it looks more like it was well thought out and professionaly moded car well usually not ! ya see the other type all the time ! The car looks all shiney with its billion dollar graphics , doof doof , 18 inch blings , more lights than the myer christmas tree, and looks like its doing a million miles an hour standing still. then he takes off and the thing sounds like 100 poofs farting in sucsession and is going nowwhere fast to get overtaken by a chick on a moeped ! that is most deffinately rice

A shaker on a BA GT is rice not! But my thought is its shape and contrast is just not complimenting the already tough sexy shape the car natrally has ! maybe the same sort of thing but designed to fit the car better might work, but why screw around with a perfect design ??????????
my car looks good but runs (well at least until i drop the 8 into it) does that make it a rice car, at least until i drop some more blocks in there

Old 10-12-2005, 01:43 AM   #90
Deadman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

rice = those crappy looking bonnet scoops on the last monaro... damn that's an ugly car
Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post