Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2006, 06:36 PM   #61
AC
Saving for a Jet Car

No wonder the phone number: "02 3321 3821" was disconnected.

3321, thats a QLD area number. Im not aware of any VIC or NSW numbers that start with that.
And i do make a lot of calls from work as part of my job to other states, so i know this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum
Still awaiting me reply, wonder if the car is still listed........

Yes it is still listed, will probly stay that way till the police are ready to move on it.
Old 01-04-2006, 07:58 PM   #62
Paxton
Cobblers!

Until you find your second set of keys, if I were you, I would be leaving my car in my Parents or In-Laws or Siblings garage, just so the heat is off your car for a while, and if there is still an attempt for the car, then you are in trouble.

Carpoint should be able to see the IP, and service provider of the person who 'advertised' your car, give that to the Police, and use that to track the person. Trust me when I say that the ISP's are very easy to get information out of when a crime is being committed. I used Optus when there was a 'Scam' at a Forum where I moderate. It was the best thing I did, and their 'tongue' flowed very easily.

Good luck with the hunt!
Roses are red. Violets are blue. OS X rocks. Homage to you.
Old 01-04-2006, 08:10 PM   #63
XRQTOR
Banned

Either go buy 2 new set's of keys and have them recoded so those old ones are useless or buy a tracker and install it. Not one thats monitored but one you follow yourself and if the thing walks you'll know where it goes.
Old 01-04-2006, 08:22 PM   #64
chich
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This is the exact reason why people shouldn't post pics and details about their cars all over the net.. you never know which as*hole is going to take advantage of it.

In either case i hope you get to the bottom of it pretty quickly... Good Luck
Old 01-04-2006, 09:15 PM   #65
AC
Saving for a Jet Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by chich
This is the exact reason why people shouldn't post pics and details about their cars all over the net.. you never know which as*hole is going to take advantage of it.
In saying that, theres also a good reason for it.

If the photo's were not available, he'd be non the wiser.
And if the police can catch those involved and they are successful, it will stop it from happening again.
Well these people anyway.
Also make police aware of what type of crime is happening and aids them in taking action now and in the future.

Old 01-04-2006, 09:49 PM   #66
GTP 200
Traction Control Films

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodderz
Jeez Cam, it sounds very suss, like someone that may know you or of you to be able to gain the info and to know what dealer you got it from etc

You could also say "The Chase Is On!"
The net is closing in - with some luck on our side.

I have received a few PMs from people on AFF. Using their replies, I've been able to hand this info onto the police. If anyone gets a reply to their enquiry from the bogus advert, pls PM me.

The crook has sent out many bits of information - including a copy of a partial official document. The police have asked me not to make public the exact docs the crooks have, as it is going to be an ongoing investigation.

I'm still on the hunt for my spares and the car has been disabled and is now in a undisclosed secure location.

I'll keep you all posted. . . . now the chase is really on!!

cam
Old 01-04-2006, 09:50 PM   #67
GTP 200
Traction Control Films

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZFORDAU
LOL, i've seen that car at New Oakleigh Ford b4! It was sitting near the service area! I looked at it and thaught damn nice car! LOL they have stolen your car!

Cheers

Simon :
Hey Simon, when did you see my car at new oak?

Cam
Old 01-04-2006, 09:51 PM   #68
GTP 200
Traction Control Films

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyQLD
Have you found your spare keys yet :
. . . still looking
Old 01-04-2006, 09:52 PM   #69
GTP 200
Traction Control Films

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP-814
are all the mods correct, cause if so..how did they know that info...scary stuff
I've put more mods on since they took those photos, eg snokel and cold air (closed mouth). So the pics I think are about 1yr old.

cam
Old 01-04-2006, 09:58 PM   #70
Lukeyson
Right out sideways

Quote:
Originally Posted by chich
Valid point, but seriously, whats the difference with a crook walking past your car parked in the street and snappin a few pics and doing the same ?
Just can't trust no ИИИИ these days
Old 01-04-2006, 10:20 PM   #71
AMT
Come fly with P.S.I...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP 200
I've put more mods on since they took those photos, eg snokel and cold air (closed mouth). So the pics I think are about 1yr old.

cam
I know it's a big ask but can you remember if you had the car at a dealer for service about a year ago.?? Maybe check you service book...???
Old 01-04-2006, 10:48 PM   #72
Castlegreyskull
BIGGUS

holy ИИИИ..... that is unbelivable.

hope the bastards get nailed. any more info on whats going on?
Old 02-04-2006, 12:12 AM   #73
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Cam, I still can't wait for the film to come out. If you need some back ground people give us a hoy. Maybe get a bunch of FF members...........scary thought!!!
Old 02-04-2006, 12:22 AM   #74
jas24zzk

Cam,
sad to see your car being scammed like this!
Too many people these days want money for nothing!

Firstly, i doubt this is a matter for the local boys in blue. Seems to me to be probably internationally based. Are/have the locals been in touch with the Federal Police? Even if it is not international..it may be cross state, and the locals have little jurisdiction interstate, and getting co-operation takes time. Car Fraud is actually a federal offence and if the AFP is involved things happen quicker due to their national jurisdiction. (also it starts in a higher court, so they have to pay more to BEGIN to defend themselves hehehe)

I have spoken with 2 mates about your issue, they are both blueys in Vic. they both agree independantly, that your missing spares are an issue, and the fact that the car has been photographed in a workshop that does not appear to be dealer QUALITY in presentation is even scarier.

Thier advice is to recode the locks, and lose the Personalised plates for a time. VicRoads may be amenable to providing you with a std set of plates (free of charge) to minimise the cars identity.

The biggest problem is who recodes the locks. The easiest way is to have Ford do it. Unfortunatley, they will enter the new lock codes into thier computer. The person trying to defraud you and others seems to have access to this level information.
I suggest you walk into a ford dealer and buy a set of locks to suit your model....tell them you are self fitting.
Whoever you get to fit them, YOU provide the locks to your fitter, but ENSURE you keep the code tag, that comes with the new set, file the tag with the other info you have for the car. That way, no person can ever cut the correct set off the computer.

Another security measure you could take is to register a change of address with ford....Your parents maybe, or the parents of a mate, a place the car will never be parked.

Depending on your insurance company, you may be able to get them to pay for the recode, as you and the police beleive the cars security has been compromised.

If you really love your car, and want the locks replaced, by someone who is not going to butcher the job (it can be done) I would be HAPPY to do it for the princely sum of a slab of light beers (for my workshop)

Why so cheap? because even tho my car is a 92 EB i would hate to lose it....i can only shudder at losing something like yours.

I do not come here very often, so if you wish to contact me, either email. webmaster@jasonpigdon.com, or BH phone (03) 59 619 139

Cheers
Jas
Old 02-04-2006, 12:32 AM   #75
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

GTP200 wasnt you car for sale once anyway?

Maybe you had pics up then?

I remember seeing it for sale as you wanted to get more money to make some more films? also because I purchased the chase is on dvd.

When it was for sale did some one take it to get it checked out? Maybe thats where the photo in a weird work shop comes from???

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Old 02-04-2006, 10:01 AM   #76
buickman
buickman

The only thing I could think of why the keys are missing & the pics of the car. Would be when it was put in for a service either dealer or other some other maintance such as tyres & one of the workers is shifty or has friends that are & have taken the pics while on a test run.
Old 02-04-2006, 11:32 AM   #77
FRIKA
FRIKA

GTP200 What can i say. Unbelievable. hope they catch the culprit. Its amazing what some people get upto and thank god for these forums.

goodluck
Old 02-04-2006, 12:21 PM   #78
GTP 200
Traction Control Films

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhanst
I know it's a big ask but can you remember if you had the car at a dealer for service about a year ago.?? Maybe check you service book...???
I've had a look and nothing stand outs.

Cam
Old 02-04-2006, 12:25 PM   #79
GTP 200
Traction Control Films

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas24zzk
Cam,
sad to see your car being scammed like this!
Too many people these days want money for nothing!

Firstly, i doubt this is a matter for the local boys in blue. Seems to me to be probably internationally based. Are/have the locals been in touch with the Federal Police? Even if it is not international..it may be cross state, and the locals have little jurisdiction interstate, and getting co-operation takes time. Car Fraud is actually a federal offence and if the AFP is involved things happen quicker due to their national jurisdiction. (also it starts in a higher court, so they have to pay more to BEGIN to defend themselves hehehe)

I have spoken with 2 mates about your issue, they are both blueys in Vic. they both agree independantly, that your missing spares are an issue, and the fact that the car has been photographed in a workshop that does not appear to be dealer QUALITY in presentation is even scarier.

Thier advice is to recode the locks, and lose the Personalised plates for a time. VicRoads may be amenable to providing you with a std set of plates (free of charge) to minimise the cars identity.

The biggest problem is who recodes the locks. The easiest way is to have Ford do it. Unfortunatley, they will enter the new lock codes into thier computer. The person trying to defraud you and others seems to have access to this level information.
I suggest you walk into a ford dealer and buy a set of locks to suit your model....tell them you are self fitting.
Whoever you get to fit them, YOU provide the locks to your fitter, but ENSURE you keep the code tag, that comes with the new set, file the tag with the other info you have for the car. That way, no person can ever cut the correct set off the computer.

Another security measure you could take is to register a change of address with ford....Your parents maybe, or the parents of a mate, a place the car will never be parked.

Depending on your insurance company, you may be able to get them to pay for the recode, as you and the police beleive the cars security has been compromised.

If you really love your car, and want the locks replaced, by someone who is not going to butcher the job (it can be done) I would be HAPPY to do it for the princely sum of a slab of light beers (for my workshop)

Why so cheap? because even tho my car is a 92 EB i would hate to lose it....i can only shudder at losing something like yours.

I do not come here very often, so if you wish to contact me, either email. webmaster@jasonpigdon.com, or BH phone (03) 59 619 139

Cheers
Jas
G'day Jas

Thanks for your detailed post. I'll have a chat to some guys from the AFP on Monday. In regards to the door locks, I may take up your offer if the spares dont show up in the next day.

I found some spares keys this morning . . . YAY . . . . . to my old AU XR8, damm!!

I'll post them to the owner tomorrow. At least he will be happy to have some spares.

cam
Old 02-04-2006, 12:27 PM   #80
GTP 200
Traction Control Films

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRHEMI
GTP200 wasnt you car for sale once anyway?

Maybe you had pics up then?

I remember seeing it for sale as you wanted to get more money to make some more films? also because I purchased the chase is on dvd.

When it was for sale did some one take it to get it checked out? Maybe thats where the photo in a weird work shop comes from???
Hi Dr Demi

I had a few e-mails and offers, but no one inspected the car, it was ages ago, over a year.

Cam
Old 03-04-2006, 08:24 AM   #81
Stampy

Here,s the responce i got

Hello,

Thanks for your inquiry and genuine interest in my car. First of all I must inform you that I'm currently in Barcelona, Spain and also I have to let you know that the Ford GT-P is here with me and it is in a perfect condition. If you are really interested we can work something out. I can ship out the car to you or something like that. What do you say?

Here are some details about the car. It was purchased new from President Ford in Elsternwick and always served at New Oak ford in Oakleigh VIC. It has done 52000 Km.

Extras added:
- cold-air induction system;
- BMC Hi-flow air-filter and;
- Herrod Helix Spacer;
- hi-flow catalytic converters;
- mandrel-bent exhaust system;
- Boss tuning device - the Herrod Stealth Computer Module;'
- the factory redline was raised from 5,900 to a safe 6,300 RPM, all of which delivers in excess of 270 rwkW's.
- Yokohama tyres in good cond.

There is also an Austrack GPS security satellite car tracking system which
locates the car if stolen.

Other Factory Extras are reverse sensors, leather, SAT NAV and Premium
sound.

Car's condition is outstanding. It has done 52000 km. My asking price is $18500 AU(including shipping).

The car works and looks perfectly; I think it would get to this. It's AUS street legal, it doesn't need any conversion and it meets all regulations.

It looks as new, with no scratches and it was never involved in an accident. The paint looks just as new, the car was always garaged.

When I took the car here, I've tried to register it but I found that the import and registration taxes are very high. I was very disappointed, because I love this car and now I am forced to sell it. I can't sell it here in Spain or in Europe, because it is AUS street legal. The car was registered in Australia before. This is the reason that I want to sell the car in Aussie because European people don't like it prepared this way. The other offers that I have are also from AU.

Waiting for your reply!

Thanks,

Cameron.

Old 03-04-2006, 08:50 AM   #82
Falcon_Phill
1967 XR Falcon

wasnt he in ireland before? he must get around.
Old 03-04-2006, 10:15 AM   #83
CAMS290
trying to get a leg over
Donating Member2

That is unbelievable, but anyone that thinks they are going to get a GTP for that kind of $$$$, must be foolish to take this kind of ad seriously in the first place.

Even still, this scumbag knows too much about Cams car and details of it, and must be dealt with by the law accordingly. Probably a slap on the wrist would be the extent of it !
Old 03-04-2006, 02:12 PM   #84
banarcus
hmm eyebrows

Its sounding more and more like a guy who has intimate knowledge of this vehicle. I strongly suspect someone who serviced it like a junior employee, apprentice etc at the Ford dealership.
Old 03-04-2006, 02:19 PM   #85
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

bwahahahha, that must be SO WEIRD reading that about a car that is parked in your driveway... and you have owned since new.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Old 03-04-2006, 02:30 PM   #86
Dazza TT
Now Prado Powered

Something going on there... What a clown.
I am rather surprised Carpoint could not put 2 and 2 together and work out that it is dodgy. Just by reading the first link, you know something is fishy. : :
Old 03-04-2006, 02:31 PM   #87
54Ghia

All he will want is a deposit and then vanish.

Old 03-04-2006, 09:13 PM   #88
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

I have seen quite a few listings like this on ebay, where they have an item (not just cars) for sale and they say it is in another country and will ship it back. The price is always very low, so they look dodgy straight away.
Old 03-04-2006, 09:25 PM   #89
DarkXr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

any more news on this GTP
Old 03-04-2006, 09:43 PM   #90
Blair_355
Starter Motor

That is some crazy ИИИИ.
I hope everything is sorted out soon.
I will keep looking back in here for anymore news.
Closed Thread