Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 14-11-2006, 12:13 PM   #211
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Lilmissdrift, frankly anyone who has a problem with women in the workplace is an idiot. At the ford dealership I go to their are 2 women mechanics, one of them I insist on working on my cars because she is meticulous and never misses anything. My opinion is that girls become mechanics because they really want to; some guys become mechanics because they spent too much time throwing paper aeroplanes in class and have had to pick a trade, any trade to get by. Girls who become mechanics often stay mechanics for over 20 years, a lot of guy mechanics stay mechanics for no more than 10 years. More power to you in your quest.

Furthermore, this whole thing of fat chicks and car shows is a phurphy. Whilst people may carry on about obesity, smoking, drinking etc; they often have a recurrent disease known commonly as ****faceitis, also known as cock melon. The sufferer actually thinks that the "No Fat CHicks" sticker on their car improves a girls self esteem. Problem for the sufferer is a total lack of empathy for anyone else, also conveniently the very definition of evil.

The symptoms include superiority disorder, where the patient feels compelled to look down on others not of the same proportion they are currently; particularly because they have probably suffered one of the so called diseases that they espouse so much vitriol over now. Another common symptom is they suffer dilusions that anyone cares what they think.
They also are a loner as nobody likes them, and people who pretend to like them only do it to get something out of them. Finally, sufferers also never find love in their life, as nobody can love them as much as they do themselves.

Treatments are a foot in mouth-ectomy, followed up by several years of therapy used to break down the belief system which tells the sufferer that the world revolves around them and their opinion. Luckily though most sufferers are self medicating by guaranteeing their removal from society by way of jail.

Back on topic though, again good luck in your quest, and hopefully soon someone with a brain employs you.

Quote:
Powered by GE

Last edited by ltd; 14-11-2006 at 12:25 PM.
ltd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2006, 12:46 PM   #212
bessxg
Bundy on

This thread reminds me of Davith Thomas from Little Britain. Mechanics and nice nails don't really go together, but if it's important to you then go for your life, alot of people will always appreciate your choices.
bessxg is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2006, 01:46 PM   #213
LilMissDrift

Quote:
Originally Posted by CATFORD
Can I please have any of your jobs.....what do all you guys do.....I cant even access this website at work.....let alone post from 630am onwards...this is a funny thread...it seems to go around in circles....but funny....keep it up LilMissDrift...just a question mate....how many jobs have you apllied for???
The answer to your question is a have applied at EVERY workshop here ... ummm and yeah... cant get an apprenticeship.. closest i got was being the receptionist/ events coordinator.. but im lovin that much
~Spoiler

~*.No its NOT my Boyfriends Car.*~
LilMissDrift is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2006, 08:23 PM   #214
Blue Oval Mopar Man
Has Blue Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMissDrift

When meeting 2 chicks at a "CAR SHOW" who's your attention most likely to turn too? The Petite, Skinny, Blonde.. that drives the TWIN TURBOED r33 skyline/or Supra.. or the Tall, Bigger built brunette, that drives the Falcon/Commodore.. think about that one!
I'd ask em both out on seperate dates , if they accepted I'd work out which one I liked best and go on from there ! But thats just me ! Maybe i'm dreaming ! Ahhhh , hows the serenity ?????????

LilMissDrift, just be yourself and be ultra pursistant as well as confident and you will find the right job for you. You Go Girl !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not arrogent , Just superior
Blue Oval Mopar Man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2006, 09:25 PM   #215
nick81xd

off topic here but the world needs more females like lilmissdrift...........likes/drives ford, rides dirtbikes and wants to swing spanners
good formula for a awesome girl haha
nick81xd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2006, 10:01 PM   #216
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Yeah well Im nearly 6'0 and strong built.. ...
Hmm.. you'd be able to whoop my butt easy then. :(
Ives is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2006, 10:27 PM   #217
Tiapan
XF 393 3v CHI heads

Quote:
Originally Posted by chich
not intended for a woman (such as R33 GTR and Supra you mentioned above). Personally, I much prefer the type that drive something more respectable such as a VW GTi Golf, Audi A3, Focus etc
all those are girls cars.
Old 15-11-2006, 03:40 PM   #218
alesia
Banned

girls car + would that be a 1967 xr fairmont wagon???
alesia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2006, 04:47 PM   #219
XRQTR
TBA Customs

Quote:
The answer to your question is a have applied at EVERY workshop here ... ummm and yeah... cant get an apprenticeship.. closest i got was being the receptionist/ events coordinator.. but im lovin that much

Take it, it's easier to prove what you know when you're inside rather than trying to speak through a closed door. But don't be silly and try to show them what you know the moment you walk in the door, get there confidence in you to a point where you will be taken seriously.

I don't want to say this but it's time you woke up and smelled the roses, no one is going to give you anything on a platter, like Alesia said she got to where she is by going through the side door. Once you're in with any organization it's much easier to get where you want to be, you just need to be patient and willing to put in the hours, no one will give you a free ride to the top.

Good luck with it all
Stef
XRQTR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2006, 05:11 PM   #220
bob^
LPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by colossus
Obesity is a disease which kills more people than smoking. There is plenty wrong with being overweight (either male or female).
Spot on. Big is not beautiful, big is unhealthy. There is nothing attractive about it (I used to be big once too but I did something about it).

Back on the topic - A girl into cars doesn't impress me. A girl that knits doesn't impress me either. But because it doesn't impress me doesn't mean it puts me off.
bob^ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2006, 05:18 PM   #221
LilMissDrift

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick81xd
off topic here but the world needs more females like lilmissdrift...........likes/drives ford, rides dirtbikes and wants to swing spanners
good formula for a awesome girl haha
Hahahah Awesome hey :P....

Umm as for comments on "no free ride to the top" no -one said it was easy. I just can't get over how discriminative it is. You may have misread me, I was saying I work as a receptionist/events co-ordinator for a workshop here, but even though I spend a lot of time, under the hood, with the boys, at the end of the day, im still their "assisstant" so to speak!
~Spoiler

~*.No its NOT my Boyfriends Car.*~
LilMissDrift is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2006, 05:28 PM   #222
Peter T

LilMissDrift, ever thought about working in Spare Parts, ??? I can tell you good spare parts people are hard to get,! and girls are much more accepted in this role in the auto industry in general, and can be very good at the job as well, !! just a thought .
Peter T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post