Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 20-01-2006, 04:48 PM   #61
jonbays
TL40 Wagon?

I agree too much mine is bigger than yours BulS8** about and the peak power isn't everything for a road car.

How many times do i see over 3000rpm driving around for work during the day once maybe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddarby
A lot of people on this thread have spoken about peak power gains that I achieved with this tune. I agree it is below my expectations. But when we checked the AFR's before the tune, it was one of the smoothest lines at a ratio of 12 that we have sen. Pretty much spot on, just a slight drop when the BBM does it's changeover. But the low down power, the low down torque is FAR better than I have experienced with the Chiptorque. The dyno reading says that also. By the way, the dyno readings we performed before the 3000 stallie was installed. As for dyno testing in 2nd and 3rd gear, we did perform that with results which were almost identical. Hardly a difference. Just about dyno's, there are only a few shootout dyno operators that are certified and have to guarantee to the dyno manufacturers ( regular testing for accuracy is done) are accurate and fortunatley, Bill Towler is one of two I believe in Adelaide. I simply can't believe some of the RWKW readings some people post on these forums IMO. I mean, 140RWKW plus form a NA I6 with just zort, CAI and chip? There is too many dynos that lie,especially in Melbourne/Sydney. Make sure that you are using a certified shootout company for accurate dyno results.
jonbays is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2006, 05:34 PM   #62
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratter
Bucknaked, your the boy that lives in the plastic bubble aren't you??

If the car was tunhed perfectly using a piggy back and then retuned by using a flasher, there's every chance the RWKW may not be any different at the top, but it should pick up more midrange, by controling all paremeters than a piggy back ever could, and as said earlier, the car would probably be more responsive, more pleasureable to drive and probably rev to peak RPM quicker, even though it may have the same final RWKW.

Go back to dreaming about the day you can finally buy yourself a polarizer!
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post