Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 21-03-2011, 07:45 AM   #1
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Default Well done to FPV..I think

Now could have been a fluke, or that it coincided with the GT-HO's anniversary but I went to Phillip Island yesterday to check out some of the historic racing and was pleasantly surprised to see pretty much all the track cars where FPV/Fords.

Couple of GT's, GS and a Saleen Mustang thrown in for good measure. I know FPV this might be against your warranty philosophy but you might want to install atleast catbacks for when on the racetrack...it was a little bit hard to hear the 5.0 after watching a race.

Anyway, if deliberate it was a nice touch. Im a fan of semi subliminal messages and this was a good one. There were a few new GT's in the car parks too which was good to see.

So there you go, my first thumbs up to FPV for a while ...although I didn't see a nice static display from them but I couldn't get into the infield (note PI..some people have prams!)

Anyway...it was a great day, perfect weather, and it was my first time at the island and I must say what an impressive place it is.

Ill get around to posting some pics in this thread this morning, and a few more tonight.

http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11325483

• 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2011, 08:35 AM   #2
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Default Re: Well done to FPV..I think

Seems this is the only FPV shot I got ..but there were some stonking cars there.

• 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2011, 01:13 PM   #3
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 
Default Re: Well done to FPV..I think

It seems thats a Ford Company Car. Looking at the licence plate.