Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > The Sales Yard > Cars for Sale

Cars for Sale Complete or nearly complete Cars for sale. Note: ALL transactions in these forums are done at your own risk. FordForums Australia Inc. does NOT take responsibility for any aspect of any item or transaction that may take place via the site.

Old 21-10-2021, 08:08 PM   #1
macman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default (WA) Ford AU2 Fairmont Ghia 2001

Vehicle Sales Form

State
: WA

Make of vehicle
: Ford

Model of vehicle
: AU2 Fairmont Ghia

Year of manufacture
: 2001

Colour of vehicle
: Organza

Engine
: 5.0L

Transmission
: Automatic

Body style (sedan, wagon etc.)
:Sedan

Selling Price $
: 8000

Odometer Reading
: 312000

City
: Perth

Other relevant information.

Reasonably reluctantly I am offering my AU2 Fairmont Ghia for sale.

I have owned it approx 4 years during which time I have resurrected it from certain death.

If you're interested, please read through my build thread here:
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11464350

- 2001 Series 2 AU Fairmont Ghia
- 5.0L V8, auto
- 312,000kms
- Organza with Medium Grey leather interior
- Factory fitted with colour Satellite Navigation system and Premium Sound
- Non factory Tickford bodykit

During the 4 years I've owned it, I have done the following:

- Tickford Brakes (ex TS50), red calipers, 329mm slotted/dimpled rotors, new wheel bearing/hubs, pads, braided lines and Penrite fluid
- Larger Tickford-style air intake
- External transmission cooler (bypassing the radiator)
- Transmission fluid change, filter and pan gasket
- Air filter, fuel filter
- Penrite engine oil every 5,000kms (and filter)
- New radiator, upper/lower/bypass hoses, heater tap, header tank and cap, water pump, timing cover, oil seal and associated gaskets
- Change-over recond lower control arms (with new bushes and ball joints)
- A reconditioned P/S rack
- Replaced the dreaded leaking P/S nut
- Replaced the usual leaky dip stick o-ring
- Genuine Ford oil pressure switch
- Bosch alternator and Bosch battery
- Serpentine belt and pulley bearings
- Reconditioned Premium Sound head unit and reconditioned power antenna
- LTD woodgrain power window switches and headlight switch
- LTD woodgrain/leather steering wheel (recovered to match medium grey)
- 3" single exhaust with chrome twin tip
- Repro Ghia fitted floor mats (to match original design)
- Quality fitted sheepskins with Ford logo embroidery
- Fitted dash mat
- Genuine Ford headlight protectors
- Genuine Ford rear window louvre
- Just had a professional paint correction and paint seal applied

It has minor dents and scratches pretty much all around it from 20 years of daily driving. The XR wheels all have varying degrees of gutter rash and it really needs new tyres. I did enjoy the A/C for a while but the gas has gone again. Occasionally the ABS kicks in at low speed when slowing (figure a bad sensor). Some areas of the MDC on the dashboard disappear. It had a bump on the rear a few years back so has a non-genuine rear bumper (and can show photos of no damage behind).

It is fitted with a series 2 "Tickford-style" body kit, however it is fibreglass (not plastic) and not mentioned on the build sheet. This car is also NOT Tickford build plated so I believe the bodykit was added later by a dealer.

Car was supplied new from Ford Special Vehicles (dealer code 3999) so it would have been a demonstration car (?) or maybe an employees car (?) before going to Centre Ford dealership in Newcastle St Perth at roughly a year old judging by dating the WA state plates.

Advertised elsewhere for more, available to anyone here for ~$8,000 OR BEST OFFER. WA rego to June 2022.

Interstate buyers must have an independent 3rd party inspect the car before sale as I'm not comfortable selling sight unseen.

macman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post