Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 28-10-2021, 10:22 AM   #1
msford

Default Can I adjust the audio one hour mode (for drive-in movie)

Hi

I've had a quick search but couldn't find a solution (and there may not be one) but is there any known adjustment/fix for the one hour mode auto off for the audio unit.

I find it very annoying when at the drive-in. I'm going again this weekend and I hate having to interrupt the audio from the movie whilst I quickly turn on the car (remembering to turn off the auto lights first otherwise I light up the drive-in) just so I can have another hour on the audio unit. And I have to do it a second time for most movies.

Obviously someone at Ford design isn't a drive-in fan. Or was born after 1990 and doesn't even know what a drive-in is.

Thanks in advance
msford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2021, 11:16 AM   #2
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Can I adjust the audio one hour mode (for drive-in movie)

Which unit do you have? The one in my poverty pack MB can be turned on for an hour by simply pressing the power button.

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk
Old 28-10-2021, 01:28 PM   #3
msford

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZ XR6 View Post
Which unit do you have? The one in my poverty pack MB can be turned on for an hour by simply pressing the power button.

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk
My bad. I should've included that info.

I own a 2011 MC Titanium TDCI. It has the Sony single disc CD player model.

I can do the same on mine, but one hour isn't long enough, ideally, so if there's a workaround to extend it or bypass it then it would be more convenient.

Cheers
Old 03-11-2021, 04:38 PM   #4
mourati

Hi msford;

electrical engineers at Ford tend to design scope around creating a fail safe system - in this case the radio 1 hr fail safe system is the battery - hence the battery management system that kicks in to save the person that forgets to turn off the radio only to find out they have a flat battery and now need either a tow truck or jump start.

Short answer is it is coded into the BCM and ECU; you will need to power "on" once the radio goes off but another hour of radio could push you to the limits and it may throw up low battery warnings on the dash depending which Mondeo series you drive.
mourati is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2021, 06:09 PM   #5
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

What! don't they hang the speakers on the window anymore?
Old 18-11-2021, 12:45 AM   #6
msford

Quote:
Originally Posted by mourati View Post
Hi msford;

electrical engineers at Ford tend to design scope around creating a fail safe system - in this case the radio 1 hr fail safe system is the battery - hence the battery management system that kicks in to save the person that forgets to turn off the radio only to find out they have a flat battery and now need either a tow truck or jump start.

Short answer is it is coded into the BCM and ECU; you will need to power "on" once the radio goes off but another hour of radio could push you to the limits and it may throw up low battery warnings on the dash depending which Mondeo series you drive.
Thanks for the info. I can understand that reasoning for it but all my older cars and their batteries could handle a 2 hour movie so why shouldn't a more recent car? The tech guys might need to get out a bit more ;)

Oh well, it is what it is and I'll just have to remember to power on when the hour finishes up.

Cheers
Old 18-11-2021, 12:46 AM   #7
msford

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane View Post
What! don't they hang the speakers on the window anymore?
Ah; those were the days. And sneaking in several of your mates in the boot.
Old 04-12-2021, 10:27 AM   #8
dan76n

Cant you just leave ignition in accessory mode and turn all other accessories off?
dan76n is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post