Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 09-12-2021, 09:33 PM   #1
Heyman_526
Starter Motor

Default Brand new Focus

Good evening ladies and gentlemen, I was wondering if I can get some help please?

I'm looking at buying a new car soon and I was wondering if the new Ford Focus has an electric handbrake? I'm looking for something to drive on my Ps and I need an electric handbrake.

Also how reliable are the new cars? If I was going to buy a new car I need to be sure it will be reliable.

Cheers.
Heyman_526 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2021, 10:40 PM   #2
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 
Default Re: Brand new Focus

Yes although you might have to be quick as there are only limited numbers still available of the ST-Line and Active.

They have a good reputation for reliability.

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 10-12-2021, 05:50 PM   #3
Sheppxr

There not making any Focus for Australia in 2022 only the top spec. So you may need to find a second hand one.
Sheppxr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2021, 06:36 PM   #4
fiestaz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Can I ask why a electric handbrake is needed?
Old 10-12-2021, 07:08 PM   #5
Heyman_526
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiestaz View Post
Can I ask why a electric handbrake is needed?
Yeah mate I can't operate an old style handbrake. If I could buying a new car wouldn't be so difficult. But because I need an electric handbrake. I need to do a lot of research before I can make an informed decision to find a car that is suitable.
Heyman_526 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2021, 07:40 PM   #6
marg99
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

many of the Euro cars have electronic braking with no manual handbrake
marg99 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2021, 08:28 PM   #7
fiestaz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyman_526 View Post
Yeah mate I can't operate an old style handbrake. If I could buying a new car wouldn't be so difficult. But because I need an electric handbrake. I need to do a lot of research before I can make an informed decision to find a car that is suitable.
That’s fair enough

Electric handbrakes are in many vehicles these days. So you should be right.

As mentioned the Focus is no longer being brought to Aus. Whatever dealers have left is it.

Good luck!
Old 10-12-2021, 09:57 PM   #8
Papug

My Focus has electric handbrake. When you turn ignition off, handbrake is activated automatically. When starting the car you need to depress the button on the centre console to release the handbrake. The Focus is an excellent car, very reliable and well equipped. There are still few available from various dealerships.
Papug is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post