Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 19-12-2021, 08:37 PM   #1
nobbystang

Default 2009 lv hvac

I've diagnosed the horrible noise coming form the dash of my daughters Focus is the door in the Air Inlet Blend Door housing which has come loose and keeps finding its way into the Blower motor. (Photo Blend 1)

I managed to follow the WSM, I have to use the LT one as the LV looks completely different, and remove the dash thinking this will allow me to get the Housing out. However I have been unable to manoeuvre the box to remove it.

Am I doing somehting wrong, or do I need to keep disassembling. I was hoping to avoid pulling the bars out but if they need to come then so be it.

Cheers
Attached Images
File Type: jpg blend1.jpg (143.3 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg blend2.jpg (137.1 KB, 8 views)

Previous:
2011 SZ Territory Titanium
2008 Ford Edge AWD Limited
Silhouette BF XR6, ZF Auto
White EF GLi, XR look alike
VH Commodore
nobbystang is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-12-2021, 10:37 PM   #2
nobbystang

Default Re: 2009 lv hvac

What am I doing wrong, I can't get the Inlet Housing (part 13) out and by this diagram it looks like it should be able to be removed without disassembling the whole dash?

Previous:
VH Commodore
Old 27-12-2021, 02:26 PM   #3
nobbystang

Default Re: 2009 lv hvac

Long story short, the wiring loom was stopping me removing the box. I managed to push the loom up behind the box (toward firewall) and a little bit of gentle force/prying and manoeuvring it finally came out.

I found the following videos brilliant to show me how the dash came out, which I don't think I needed to do, and what the components look like when they are out. Unfortunately the one where they removed everything didn't show how they remove all the components, and it's in Indonesian, but it was nice being able to see the parts.

Simple Dash removal

Complete Dash Removal

Now I just need to work out fi I can repair the flap or just get a new box from the wreckers ...... oh and try and squeeze it back in and then put all the screws back in, not lookign forward to that!!

Previous:
VH Commodore
This user likes this post: