Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > B Series.com.au > B Series.com.au Events and Meets

B Series.com.au Events and Meets All the B Series Social Gatherings

Old 04-04-2008, 11:19 PM   #481
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For research and posted write up on cooling system care and repair in AU.COM and offering help where possible 

God... even sounds alot better through my speakers at home!
Old 05-04-2008, 12:04 AM   #482
Mont5.0
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geeseman
Great work. lots of great shots and action!
If you want a copy let me know
Old 05-04-2008, 01:49 AM   #483
HLC
Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie200
nah mate not me i never use the m5 only m2/m4
must have been another one.. but it was a bit of a sleeper like yours!!

ive used the m5 like 3 times ever, i only remember that red BA cause i never use it lol im always up the m4/2 as well.
Old 05-04-2008, 09:37 AM   #484
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Nice videos. That white XR8 sounds good stock.
Ives is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2008, 04:38 PM   #485
newman
Starter Motor

what a shame that most of the lasers had better power to weight ratio than the standard falcoons that were there lol. not to mention the fact that they weren't scared to have the bonnets up to show their modications.

Last edited by wulos; 06-04-2008 at 09:07 AM. Reason: Dealt with below.
newman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2008, 09:28 PM   #486
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Well ... funnily enough ... I quickly bumped into MrXhUteMan at his work on Friday afternoon.

As I didn't get to attend the entire cruise ... i managed to have a quick chat with him at his work.

Sorry I couldn't hang around man ... I had to get that delivery to Enfield quick ... I had the dispatch guy and customer asking about it. Traffic was hell too.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2008, 11:59 PM   #487
Mont5.0
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechan1k
Well ... funnily enough ... I quickly bumped into MrXhUteMan at his work on Friday afternoon.

As I didn't get to attend the entire cruise ... i managed to have a quick chat with him at his work.

Sorry I couldn't hang around man ... I had to get that delivery to Enfield quick ... I had the dispatch guy and customer asking about it. Traffic was hell too.
No probs simon, Hope you enjoyed the vids.
Old 06-04-2008, 03:38 AM   #488
Airmon
King of the Fairy's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newman
what a shame that most of the lasers had better power to weight ratio than the standard falcoons that were there lol. not to mention the fact that they weren't scared to have the bonnets up to show their modications.
There have been no negative comments about or towards the laser club and their presence on the day was praised as it meant more ford on the mountain.
I don't see why you need to come in here and try to demean us for having a quick sprint of the mountain? All you've achieved is that now everyone who thought it was good the Laser club was also at Bathurst on the same day will now turn around and think "wow what a bunch of ".
I hope the laser club appreciates the reputation their members are giving out.
Airmon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2008, 07:10 AM   #489
Meg's GT's
1 is good but 2 is better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airmon
There have been no negative comments about or towards the laser club and their presence on the day was praised as it meant more ford on the mountain.
I don't see why you need to come in here and try to demean us for having a quick sprint of the mountain? All you've achieved is that now everyone who thought it was good the Laser club was also at Bathurst on the same day will now turn around and think "wow what a bunch of ".
I hope the laser club appreciates the reputation their members are giving out.
Agree 100% Airmon.
I didn't realise there were more than motors being stroked on the day.
I thought the idea was to show our support of the blue oval and enjoy the company of like minded people.
I left that inner rivalry banter in the school yard where it belongs over 35yrs ago. There are some advantages to having a few k's on the clock.

Apologies if I offend anyone.

Last edited by ausbird; 06-04-2008 at 07:23 AM.
Meg's GT's is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2008, 09:07 AM   #490
wulos
Forum Director

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind-the-scenes effort. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For his advice, tips/tricks in the Art and Photography section of the Forum. 

Welcome to the forums Newman - Might I suggest that an easy does it attitude, towards posting (especially in a 'club forum' area) would be prudent until you find your way here on AFF. It is often hard to tell if a typed post is meant as a light hearted jibe, meant in good humour, or a thinly veiled dig.
Ultimately the feedback from those that attended the cruise was that it was well organised, and one enjoyed by ALL participants - congrats and a credit to all attendees.

Let's leave the interclub rivalries at that eh guys...

wulos
Forum Director.
wulos is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2008, 03:53 PM   #491
HOWIES
a.k.a SPEEEEEDYBA

good call. Sounded like a great cruise. The vids and pics are tops. Hopefully i can get to the next one at Bathurst. Doin a lap of that place would be unreal. Be even better doin it with 40 or 50 other Fords. Happy days!!! :-)

Now featuring TINT!!
HOWIES is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2008, 08:48 PM   #492
BlackLS
yum

What happened with the pics?

BlackLS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2008, 09:13 PM   #493
AC
Saving for a Jet Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackLS
What happened with the pics?
I removed mine because of complaints about visible number plates.
I dont have time to fix all of the photo's and i took heaps.
Some great, some pretty average... But about 50-60 in total.

If you would like one of yours(providing i got you), PM me your email address and car and i will send you hi-res copy, anywhere between 2.5-3.5mb in size.
AC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2008, 02:05 AM   #494
The G6ET Spot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC
I removed mine because of complaints about visible number plates.
What's the problem with that,they are visible every time they drive the car on the road for crying out load. I think they should get over it.
The G6ET Spot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2008, 02:51 AM   #495
Ruger
Bseries Moderator

yep but people always find reason to whinge.....

Only those that attempt the absurd achieve the impossible.

Serviced and maintained by Mascot Auto Repairs
Ruger is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2008, 12:43 AM   #496
AC
Saving for a Jet Car

I covered it a page or 2 back, I have nothing else to add.

Except, That i am willing to forward on what i have if you'd like a copy.
All i ask is a few days to send them on, as im working some long hrs at the moment.
Time is something i have little of......
AC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2008, 04:16 PM   #497
newman
Starter Motor

yeah, my post was half hearted. but it doesn't disguise the fact that the falcons there doing burnouts un-necessarly attractred the attention of the po po. "wow, lets leave a burnout as we are going home so that everyone else here can 'cop' it when it wasn't us..."

yeah, i'll whinge, but what can you do about it. since everyone here is so prudent then i would of thought that burnouts on public roads were for 'p platers'...

by the way, we were there on a memorial cruise as a member had past away. it wasn't just any old cruise.

Last edited by newman; 10-04-2008 at 04:32 PM.
newman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2008, 06:46 PM   #498
Ruger
Bseries Moderator

Fair call mate i did go over to the laser forum and had a look. Sorry to hear about the passing.

What happened on the day happened. Sometimes you can count on people when with a car club behaving but sometimes they ignore the common sense and do as they please.

Most were being sensible and giving it a bit of stick here and there but yes ill agree some people were driving a bit too aggresively. The burnouts i didnt see any i must have left earlier.

Our intentions arent to make a Ford club rivalry happen. The police showing up is all on their own merit but im sorry if any of our members provoked it. The guidelines of the next cruise will definately be voiced to all as we dont want to tarnish our reputation due to a handfull of members misbehaving.

If you wish to take this to pm feel free to.

Only those that attempt the absurd achieve the impossible.

Serviced and maintained by Mascot Auto Repairs

Last edited by Ruger; 10-04-2008 at 07:03 PM.
Ruger is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2008, 07:42 PM   #499
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ives
Nice videos. That white XR8 sounds good stock.
I'll second that, but now it's replaced by a Manual BFII XR6 in Octane!!
Old 11-04-2008, 09:44 PM   #500
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For research and posted write up on cooling system care and repair in AU.COM and offering help where possible 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruger
Fair call mate i did go over to the laser forum and had a look. Sorry to hear about the passing.

What happened on the day happened. Sometimes you can count on people when with a car club behaving but sometimes they ignore the common sense and do as they please.

Most were being sensible and giving it a bit of stick here and there but yes ill agree some people were driving a bit too aggresively. The burnouts i didnt see any i must have left earlier.

Our intentions arent to make a Ford club rivalry happen. The police showing up is all on their own merit but im sorry if any of our members provoked it. The guidelines of the next cruise will definately be voiced to all as we dont want to tarnish our reputation due to a handfull of members misbehaving.

If you wish to take this to pm feel free to.
In our defence (AFF) i only know of 1 proper attempt at a burnout by a forum member... it started with a falcon ute and a bunch of "outsiders" that weren't from either clubs... the one caused by a fellow AFF member still isnt excusable though...

Shame the organiser didnt mention that little bit about it being a memorial cruise, otherwise i would have spread the word to keep it a bit more civil... but it's been and gone with now... hopefully both clubs will ally against our 1 mutual enemy... gas prices... i mean... Holdens...