Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 12-01-2014, 07:42 PM   #31
El Jay
Starter Motor

Default Re: Leaked 2015 Corvette ZO6 pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSV_LS1 View Post
Those paddles are there on the standard Vette for the rev matching on/off on the manual transmission. Though i've read the interior is photoshopped in regards to the shifter itself. I think we'll find out in a couple days
My mistake, carry on
Just read up on the matter; what a weird design decision to make them look like paddle shifters.
El Jay is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2014, 08:07 PM   #32
Noddy
Mercury Silver T3

Would order it in black to hide some of the styling cues and plastic do hickeys
It is an improvement on the last model, especially the interior.

2017 Magnetic Mustang

What to hear a tuff T3?
Click here
http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y30...ent=Movie2.mp4
Noddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2014, 08:18 PM   #33
GASWAGON
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSV_LS1 View Post
You may want to educate yourself on the composite leaf rear suspension. It's a trick piece of kit.
You are right its absolutely nothing like the original 'leaf spring' design......In actual fact its border line 'independent' going buy some of the pics on Wikipedia. The Vette design isn't independent because its just one spring but the design with a spring each side is basically independent.

Hmmm the Germans and Italians may be scratching ther heads lol!

And Clarkson obviously never realised the difference in design!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corvette_leaf_spring

Last edited by GASWAGON; 12-01-2014 at 08:37 PM.
GASWAGON is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2014, 09:25 PM   #34
Cobra
Bear with a sore head

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRtowcar View Post
Would you feel like a tool rocking up to get milk and bread in this thing?
Don't see a 458 Fezza with all that crap hanging off it.
Than again its American styling.
What do you think of the 458 'Speciale'? I personally like it, but it's been criticised by many who claim the aero upgrades have ruined the lines and cohesive fluidity of the design, especially at the front. If you haven't seen it yet, you may want to check it out before using a 458 as an example. It's definitely not as... eccentric if you will... as the Z06 Corvette, but it's still a lot more aggressive than the stock 458.
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2014, 09:36 PM   #35
Cobra
Bear with a sore head

Quote:
Originally Posted by EF_6 View Post
You are right its absolutely nothing like the original 'leaf spring' design......In actual fact its border line 'independent' going buy some of the pics on Wikipedia. The Vette design isn't independent because its just one spring but the design with a spring each side is basically independent.

Hmmm the Germans and Italians may be scratching ther heads lol!

And Clarkson obviously never realised the difference in design!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corvette_leaf_spring
Basically it's an independent single A-arm rear setup with a swaybar and one leaf spring. For all intents and purposes, that leaf could be given a totally different name and the rear end would then be considered independent. I find it curious that the use of a single leaf spring which is retained within the A-arm or wishbone which itself is designed to stabilise the A-arms from excessive independent movement is the predominant component used to describe the architecture of the design.
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2014, 09:53 PM   #36
GASWAGON
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra View Post
Basically it's an independent single A-arm rear setup with a swaybar and one leaf spring. For all intents and purposes, that leaf could be given a totally different name and the rear end would then be considered independent. I find it curious that the use of a single leaf spring which is retained within the A-arm or wishbone which itself is designed to stabilise the A-arms from excessive independent movement is the predominant component used to describe the architecture of the design.
It seems the car industry is not recognising this new 'composite leaf spring' design properly.......As I said Clarkson of all people doesn't know the difference or Hammond either because neither of them said anything about it on the TG Vette test???

Here I was thinking the late model Vette has massive 'old style' leaf springs under it with a 7.0ltr LS3 producing 500HP LOL!!!!!!!

Thers actually a few great advantages of the composite design because it minimises wheel weight by negating normal coil springs as described on Wikipedia.
GASWAGON is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2014, 10:31 PM   #37
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Another so called "leak", this makes number 5 in the week leading up to the Detroit show, must be a coincidence lol.

Either all manufacturers leak like sieve's or they have PR teams who thing the public are stupid. Me thinks the latter.

Doesn't look too bad, but give me a 458 anyday over this in terms of styling. It looks to try hard.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post