Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 04-08-2007, 08:04 PM   #31
crannersEL
Banned

Why do we need a new club?!?
crannersEL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2007, 08:04 PM   #32
Justin@
Banned

Has anyone got ideas on a name for the club?
I have been thinking about it all afternoon and still have nothing....
Justin@ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2007, 08:05 PM   #33
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by efgiar
cruises... going from meet point A to meet point B and having a joyful drive. many city ones are hard because of traffic but wont exclude them from the cruises of course. outings like go karts, drive ins, going out for a meal etc etc. the sky is the limit
Well said Josh

jason
Jason[98.EL] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2007, 08:09 PM   #34
crannersEL
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by juzzy_eb5
Maybe "e-series owners club"
crannersEL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2007, 08:11 PM   #35
MIEF9640

Red face name

Why not just keep it as simple as it is EA-NL Ford Owners Club Then the regions ie Western,Eastern and so on????? Easier for us oldies to relate too.HAHAHA
MIEF9640 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2007, 08:13 PM   #36
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Real stupid Idea for now

Ez Series,com,au

which would give things like

Ez Mods
Ez Cruises
Ez General

etc etc , like i said stupid really, but for now it's time for a port power crows match.
DOC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2007, 10:10 PM   #37
MotherNatureVer2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think we have to have a direction before we need a name as such. This name is only a temporary thing and we can all decided in due course.

I believe the ideas that wulos made in his first post in here are a great start as to where we want to be as a club.

Lets keep our thinking caps on for a bit longer so we can really nut this out ;)
MotherNatureVer2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2007, 10:50 PM   #38
andrewts
White Car Driver

I think that the new club should have a section dedicated to people new to the EA-DL Ford, or cars and mechanics in general to be able to post in asking questions (which would otherwise be deemed stupid or whatever) without being afraid of being looked down upon, or laughed at etc.

Also, a gallery area where people post their car up with their username and include pics, info and whatnot (sorta like a build thread, except it would show the car as a finsished product, or up to where it is in the build process through updating) would make it easier; when people say (For example, a thread about rims) "Oh yes, those rims look great on the EB, have a look at JohnDoe's EB, he has them" the member can just hit up the gallery for JohnDoe's car and see.

The club name E/N/D is cool hehe. We could be like "Welcome to the E/N/D!" Or maybe "The E/N/D" as a club name? I'm just horsing around now lol.

Well, those are my thoughts, I like the way the club is heading so far.
andrewts is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2007, 10:56 PM   #39
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Quote:
Originally Posted by crannersEL
Why do we need a new club?!?
You do know whats been going on dont ya man?

As for ideas, we need for stuff happening out here in the country. Even some more meets Bendigo side of Melbourne to make it more accessible for country people to come to.
There should be regular Calder and Heathcote drag meets (for Vic anyway), for example once a month have a drag meet at either place.
We could also have regular dyno days and skid pan days as well as official day and night cruises.

As mentioned we dont want clicky groups taking over the club and making people feel bad about themselves or there car.

Just some ideas.
Old 05-08-2007, 02:24 AM   #40
holmsy
Banned

i think as braden said we need more meets/cruises on west side of melb.
alot of the cruises especially seem to be on the east side.

honestly at first i was a bit hesitant about this new club idea but a fresh start could be a good thing to be a part of.
holmsy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2007, 08:56 AM   #41
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewts
I think that the new club should have a section dedicated to people new to the EA-DL Ford, or cars and mechanics in general to be able to post in asking questions (which would otherwise be deemed stupid or whatever) without being afraid of being looked down upon, or laughed at etc.

Well, those are my thoughts, I like the way the club is heading so far.
andrew that ia excactly what this new club is all about ...

we as members we don't want a new member who is not sure what this thingymabob is and get laughed at and never return

and i hope that this club is aus wide not just a vic thing we have alot of members that are from out of vic

jason
Old 05-08-2007, 09:40 AM   #42
Justin@
Banned

A few of my thoughts
1. A dedicated newbie sub forum would be good
2. A club private area with slightly relaxed posting rules ( as first mentioned by Russ )
3. a huge clean out in the workshop and tech area's
4. Aust wide membership, maybe have regional sub forums?
Old 05-08-2007, 11:34 AM   #43
Rob
Living the dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by wulos
Without having a clear idea of which way things will go it is impossible for people to decide if they are wanting to be a part of it or not.
Hence the reasoning behind getting ideas / suggestions / likes / dislikes sorted out first.
We can worry about names / numbers etc later.
We are getting a bit off track though - what are people after out of an EA-EL, NA-NL, DA-DL club.
I dare say Wulos, that existing members would be more interested in the content (content being ownership of EA-DL - thats primarily what we are here for) of this club, rather than its official direction. The E-series owners club was more let down by a few of its members, rather than any intrinsic flaw in its design. Perhaps merely a new identity/name and a fresh start, as it were, might be enough to see E-series grow to a more responsible and welcoming club.
Rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2007, 12:27 PM   #44
Grechie
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Id still love to see us returing as a club to calder park, they were and are, awesome nights!
Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 - 255/35/19 - 275/35/19
Shockworks Coilovers
PITLANE AUTOMOTIVE & PERFORMANCE
Grechie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2007, 12:35 PM   #45
wulos
Forum Director

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind-the-scenes effort. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For his advice, tips/tricks in the Art and Photography section of the Forum. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLC
I dare say Wulos, that existing members would be more interested in the content (content being ownership of EA-DL - thats primarily what we are here for) of this club, rather than its official direction. The E-series owners club was more let down by a few of its members, rather than any intrinsic flaw in its design. Perhaps merely a new identity/name and a fresh start, as it were, might be enough to see E-series grow to a more responsible and welcoming club.
Would it not be prudent to put plans / rules in place to prevent this from recurring?
The clubs constitution acts as it's Terms and Conditions for membership, and by way of agreeing to this on joining you are agreeing to act in line with these club ideals. The E Series Club did not have these important things in place, that would allow for the general membership to question / combat these members, that were letting down the rest. From that standpoint, the club itself was indeed intrinsicly flawed (and still is)
I do agree 200% with you that the most important part of any club is the content itself, however having a clearly defined set of rules re acceptable behaviour (and being a forum based club acceptable posting behaviour) will make it a whole lot easier to deal with down the track.
wulos is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2007, 12:43 PM   #46
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

Correct me if I am wrong but do you actually have to be logged on to see the EA to DL section?

If that is the case then why would potential new members of the forums join as if they find AFF web site they wont see the EA to DL section and if they dont see it then they may not want to join as it would appear there is not a scetion for their type of car??

Hope that makes sense.........

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2007, 12:57 PM   #47
wulos
Forum Director

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind-the-scenes effort. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For his advice, tips/tricks in the Art and Photography section of the Forum. 

At the moment you do have to be a logged in and registered member of AFF to view this E/N/D section.
This particular section has been removed from general public view (ie have to be logged on to view) whilst it undergoes a restructure.
wulos is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2007, 01:08 PM   #48
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

maybe a single area might be a good idea for new prospective members can see so they know that there is a section for their car type

maybe keep the most part of the ea-nl section non visiable but give them a hint there is more

jason
Old 05-08-2007, 03:04 PM   #49
gngtho
Banned

Just the name needs improvement its abit long and dosent roll of the tongue that well.

how about some ideas on that.

the rest is all fine with me.
gngtho is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2007, 05:26 PM   #50
Justin@
Banned

An open area would be good with just a sticky explaing that you have to register to see what else is there, along with a link to the T&C of AFF
Old 05-08-2007, 05:37 PM   #51
EFendedXG

just a question guys how about the xg's and the xh utes and panno's there a e series model too?
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2007, 05:40 PM   #52
Justin@
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xgme
just a question guys how about the xg's and the xh utes and panno's there a e series model too?
I've always thought they are, and im sure the club would welcome members with these great cars.
Old 05-08-2007, 05:41 PM   #53
MotherNatureVer2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I believe they are all welcome as they are really the ute version of the e/n/d vehicles.

I personally love the xh utes, might be a bit bias though ... my father has one ;)
Old 05-08-2007, 05:46 PM   #54
EFendedXG

Thanks guys its already getting better
Old 05-08-2007, 05:54 PM   #55
Justin@
Banned

I would like to see the club project a more family friendly image too, some of us have partners and kids. It would be good to be able to involve them in the club in some way as well. Family run and bbq days every now and then would be a great way to have fun and get to know the members.
Old 05-08-2007, 06:18 PM   #56
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Talking

Quote:
I would like to see the club project a more family friendly image too, some of us have partners and kids. It would be good to be able to involve them in the club in some way as well. Family run and bbq days every now and then would be a great way to have fun and get to know the members.

i would love to see that as well

i take my kids on the meets and i felt like i was being talked about in doing so

so yes a family orinented club sounds good

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ......

an idea for a meet lets go visit mothernature lol

she has heaps of room for us to camp out

jason
Old 05-08-2007, 06:25 PM   #57
Justin@
Banned

What about tiered membership? It works well for the AFF forums in general it might be a good idea to implement somthing along the same lines?
Old 05-08-2007, 06:46 PM   #58
MotherNatureVer2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by heljas
i would love to see that as well

i take my kids on the meets and i felt like i was being talked about in doing so

so yes a family orinented club sounds good

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ......

an idea for a meet lets go visit mothernature lol

she has heaps of room for us to camp out

jason

LOL yes 800 acres of room to camp in :P

I am all for the family oriented version for this club. My two sons are wanting to be members, one is 17(he already has his first EBon the road and one thats a project) & the other 13(he drives my old EBII wagon around here). So we really are a family of these e-model cars ;)
Old 05-08-2007, 06:49 PM   #59
EFendedXG

should try to organise a fun day at a go carting or a mini golf place for the kiddys
Old 05-08-2007, 06:50 PM   #60
Justin@
Banned

Damn....800 acres.....im there.hahaha