Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2021, 06:13 PM   #8821
tweeked
N/A all the way

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickford. View Post
I really hope the same morons making those videos ended up in the very same hospitals they were filming, infected with the virus, and are now dead! Karma!
Posts like this wishing death on people and you talk of Karma? Irony!

7 users like this post:
Old 05-01-2021, 07:04 PM   #8822
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw View Post
We are not (as I've said before) going to get a definitive answer on the long term impact of COVID19 for some time to come.
We'l know how serious the long term effects of CV are if/when insurance companies start listing it as a pre-existing condition and require people who have had CV to undergo additional medical screening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
Would be interesting in those establishments in Mitchell, ACT.
Never been to ACT. What's in Mitchell?
Old 05-01-2021, 07:13 PM   #8823
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeked View Post
Posts like this wishing death on people and you talk of Karma? Irony!
Some of your mates? You know someone who thinks the virus is a hoax? Did you make your own "the hospitals are empty" and "this virus is a hoax" videos?? Is that why you took my comment to heart?

These morons spread lies and misinformation with their YouTube videos that possibly caused 1, or 10, or a 100 or maybe even 1000's of people's deaths. Yet you feel sorry for them??
Sorry champ, but I don't give two ****s for these vermin, and 100% wish them the same fate they have helped spread across the USA. And I am 100% comfortable with that!
Old 05-01-2021, 07:18 PM   #8824
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Qantas brings forward international flights to US and UK but pushes back Asian destinations
  • Optimism surrounding the rollout of COVID-19 vaccines has led Qantas to bring forward flights to the US and UK, to July 1
  • A planned restart of flights to some Asian destinations has been pushed back by four months, also to July 1
  • Flight schedules are likely to change again as airlines continue to respond to the pandemic
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-01-...-2021/13033788

If you're a betting type you can make a killing on a business class airfare late next year...
Old 05-01-2021, 07:21 PM   #8825
tweeked
N/A all the way

Quote:
Some of your mates? You know someone who thinks the same way? Did you make your own "the hospitals are empty" and "this virus is a hoax" videos?? Is that why you took my comment to heart?

These morons spread lies and misinformation with their YouTube videos that possibly caused 1, or 10, or a 100 or maybe even 1000's of people's deaths. Yet you feel sorry for them??
Sorry champ, but I don't give two ****s for these vermin, and 100% wish them the same fate they have helped spread across the USA. And I'm a 100% comfortable with that!
No not at all, totally disagree with what they said, and what you say has no effect on them. Just if being dumb means you should die, well, this thread will suddenly have a whole lot less posts.

For someone who complains about people getting personal, you make some interesting posts. Do go on.

5 users like this post:
Old 05-01-2021, 08:12 PM   #8826
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

On the subject of gold standard contact tracing, how come NSW's reporting is different to the way other States and Territories are reporting? Are they using a different set of guidelines?

Example, NSW keeps removing locations after 14 days. Why? Do they think the location is virus free 14 day after the first known case?

Also, NSW does not report on 'Active Cases' in their daily updates?? Not even during their pressers do they mention active case numbers. I would have thought this is a vital bit of information? All other states do. You have to go digging to find that info for NSW.

BTW, last night, the original date of 22nd December reported as being the first contact date for BWS Berala was updated to 20th December. That now makes the story that a mate of the airport transport driver being case zero for the Berala cluster, null and void. The original story was that a mate of the airport worker who was infectious, visited the Berala BWS on the 22nd of December, and infected a store attendant, who infected a fellow attendant on the same day. So who is case zero for the Berala cluster then?? It definitely can't be the mate of the airport worker now. No info has been released on this so far.

Then yesterday, it was zero community cases, but there's two we'll tell you about tomorrow?? I understand the 8pm cycle, but if you are aware of the cases for that particular day at 11am the following day, then why not report it? Why wait for another 24 hours to report a case you were aware of 38 hours prior? Is it because a zero sounds better than a two?

Last edited by Tickford.; 05-01-2021 at 08:17 PM.
Old 05-01-2021, 08:23 PM   #8827
Beastie
The Terrain Tamer
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Catering services for a bunch of layabouts and for being an all-round good guy whose sense of community goes above and beyond. 

Quote:
On the subject of gold standard contact tracing, how come NSW's reporting is different to the way other States and Territories are reporting? Are they using a different set of guidelines?

Example, NSW keeps removing locations after 14 days. Why? Do they think the location is virus free 14 day after the first known case?

Also, NSW does not report on 'Active Cases' in their daily updates?? Not even during their pressers do they mention active case numbers. I would have thought this is a vital bit of information? All other states do. You have to go digging to find that info for NSW.

BTW, last night, the original date of 22nd December reported as being the first contact date for BWS Berala was updated to 20th December. That now makes the story that a mate of the airport transport driver being case zero for the Berala cluster, null and void. The original story was that a mate of the airport worker who was infectious, visited the Berala BWS on the 22nd of December, and infected a store attendant, who infected a fellow attendant on the same day. So who is case zero for the Berala cluster then?? It definitely can't be the mate of the airport worker now. No info has been released on this so far.

Then yesterday, it was zero community cases, but there's two we'll tell you about tomorrow?? I understand the 8pm cycle, but if you are aware of the cases for that particular day at 11am the following day, then why not report it? Why wait for another 24 hours to report a case you were aware of 38 hours prior? Is it because a zero sounds better than a two?
I think they are doing to keep you on your toes...
Old 05-01-2021, 08:25 PM   #8828
hayseed

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post

Knock shops..

RockWiz, there's Heaps More at Fyshwick though.... So i've been told..
2 users like this post:
Old 05-01-2021, 08:28 PM   #8829
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beastie View Post
I think they are doing to keep you on your toes...
I'm onto them!

Having a close look at that gold, I reckon it's fools gold. Or highly polished brass.
Old 05-01-2021, 08:41 PM   #8830
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ACT CM clarified today that we are not in hard border mode hence why they are not locking it all up on all roads. Only those from declared hotspots are not allowed except if they have an exemption which explains a lot.

So basically they said that they will mix targeted measures with RBT styles measures. If you have a NSW plate don't be surprised if you get pulled over.

He also reiterated that the federal government were very clear in September that the ADF won't be sent to patrol borders so that is on the states and territories to manage. The ADF involvement is about hotel quarantine.

The current measures are about managing quarantine. We'd take more flights if we can subject to support for hotel quarantine and providing for outbreak with the ACT.

Singapore Airlines pulled out during Covid so we have no direct flights and the only other route was Qatar and it goes via Sydney so unless they bus them down we can't take anything. More repatriation flights being planned to land in ACT.

Trying to work it out with VIC but he said basically there is only so much they can do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator
We'l know how serious the long term effects of CV are if/when insurance companies start listing it as a pre-existing condition and require people who have had CV to undergo additional medical screening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayseed View Post
Knock shops..

RockWiz, there's Heaps More at Fyshwick though.... So i've been told..
Brothels, strip clubs, sex shops. No more fireworks though
2 users like this post:
Old 05-01-2021, 09:46 PM   #8831
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
You did miss a slightly important part here in that locations are removed when 14 days have passed since the last known date that a confirmed case was there. Not the first known.
https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infect...nd-alerts.aspx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickford.
Not really that hard to find, it's on the Covid 19 page!..... 192 active BTW.
https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19
Old 05-01-2021, 10:47 PM   #8832
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesa
Just google it, I'm not going to spoon-feed you. If by this stage you haven't heard medical people talk what covid is doing to the body then I'm not sure you'll agree with any proof that I provide.
I’d tell you a covid 19 joke, but you’d 99.97% not get it.

But watch out for that falling sky chicken little.

Sure some people might have other side effects. But to say “most people” is utter crap. It’s no different to cases of regular flu, where some people have lingering effects.

Just seen that jeremy clarkson had covid. But he only had minor cold symptoms, and was fine after a couple of days.
This user likes this post:
Old 05-01-2021, 10:55 PM   #8833
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane View Post
You did miss a slightly important part here in that locations are removed when 14 days have passed since the last known date that a confirmed case was there. Not the first known.
https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infect...nd-alerts.aspx
Thanks, that's better.

Quote:
Not really that hard to find, it's on the Covid 19 page!..... 192 active BTW.
https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19
Knew that one, but NSW should include that in their daily reports. Just as everyone else are. Many won't bother digging further to find out.

How many NSW based members here check NSW Health's location list on a daily basis? How often do you check? Asking for a friend.

Also, who is case zero for BWS Berala now that the date has been revised to 20th December?

And who is case zero for the Northern Beaches?

There's rumours that it could be someone who was granted an exemption by NSW Government to travel to Sydney from the USA. They were also granted exemption from hotel quarantine to go home and quarantine. No Covid test upon arrival. Must be someone very important if they were granted all these exemptions.
Old 05-01-2021, 11:00 PM   #8834
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Quote:
Thanks, that's better.

Knew that one, but NSW should include that in their daily reports. Just as everyone else are. Many won't bother digging further to find out.

How many NSW based members here check NSW Health's location list on a daily basis? How often do you check? Asking for a friend.

Also, who is case zero for BWS Berala now that the date has been revised to 20th December?

There's rumours that it could be someone who was granted an exemption by NSW Government to travel to Sydney from the USA. They were also granted exemption from hotel quarantine to go home and quarantine. No Covid test upon arrival. Must be someone very important if they were granted all these exemptions.
Is he a rotund jolly fellow? Who is arguably good with numbers?
Old 05-01-2021, 11:03 PM   #8835
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Old 05-01-2021, 11:05 PM   #8836
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Just seen some footage of a Covid ward in Egypt. They ran out of oxygen in the hospital, and all patients have died. Very confronting footage, nurses curled into ball on the floor, against walls balling their eyes out.. Very, very sad situation.

Thank goodness we in Australia have been spared this craziness. So far.
2 users like this post:
Old 05-01-2021, 11:11 PM   #8837
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It's pretty funny all the flack that NSW is copping. They may well end up being a massive cluster **** but is not yet supported by the data.

NSW has a long way before they even catch up, let alone be worst

Let's keep things in perspective. In LA they are basically saying you're ****ed if you require oxygen since they don't have enough.

****en oxygen in the worlds richest country that they constantly tell us they have the best health system.
Old 05-01-2021, 11:20 PM   #8838
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
No idea, never check and don't care

Quote:
As above

Quote:
Ditto

Quote:
Hmm, the rumour I heard was that it was someone from Vic as payback for NSW people picking on Uncle Dan.

If you want 'rumours' without proof I can start more than Trump!
Old 05-01-2021, 11:22 PM   #8839
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

I wouldn’t agree with “funny” but many reactions by other states against NSW are a bit sad. I laud the Northern Territory for maintaining what seems a balance of caution and due reaction.

Here’s one situation of border inflexibility that’s pretty horrible. If you’ve been badly affected by a miscarriage, please consider not reading it.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-01-...r-ban/13030750
Old 05-01-2021, 11:25 PM   #8840
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY View Post
It's pretty funny all the flack that NSW is copping. They may well end up being a massive cluster **** but is not yet supported by the data.
That's the key point. The data.

As long as there's no one in charge experienced with a document shredder, we should be getting the true numbers and the true data.

For example, being honest and letting the public know that children under 12 have proven not to be carriers or transmitters of the disease.
Old 05-01-2021, 11:29 PM   #8841
Metdevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
Just seen that jeremy clarkson had covid. But he only had minor cold symptoms, and was fine after a couple of days.
Actually, he said he doesn't even know if he's better now.
Old 05-01-2021, 11:34 PM   #8842
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Quote:
Hmm, the rumour I heard was that it was someone from Vic as payback for NSW people picking on Uncle Dan.
You might be right. I saw that headline as well!

The Australian 02/01/2021:
Old 05-01-2021, 11:53 PM   #8843
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
That's the key point. The data.

As long as there's no one in charge experienced with a document shredder, we should be getting the true numbers and the true data.

For example, being honest and letting the public know that children under 12 have proven not to be carriers or transmitters of the disease.
The data says right now that VIC has 4x the amount of cases and 15+x the amount of deaths compared to NSW in totality.

Whatever is going on now is not even comparable. Chalk and cheese. It may end up being bigger but it aint at the moment. Given that it has been a huge overreaction.
Old 05-01-2021, 11:55 PM   #8844
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metdevil View Post
Actually, he said he doesn't even know if he's better now.
Just going off the video he posted on IG this morning. Said he had what was like a cold, but he is fine now. His words, not mine.
Old 06-01-2021, 12:28 AM   #8845
Metdevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
Just going off the video he posted on IG this morning. Said he had what was like a cold, but he is fine now. His words, not mine.
Same here, well, from his article he posted on the Sunday Times.

https://i.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/...christmas-gift

“I don’t even know if I’m better now,” he wrote
Old 06-01-2021, 12:28 AM   #8846
EgoFG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

OK, here is a working theory
(please note I am not an expert, so this is really just farting in the wind)

What if the nature and severity of your symptoms were ALSO dependent on the nature of initial infection ?

Vomitting, diarrhea leading to dehydration: Initial infection through food or hand to mouth (a friend had this as her only symptom, and does not believe she was close to anyone symptomatic in the preceding 2 weeks.)

loss of sense of smell/Taste : inhaling through nose or hand to nose

Lung issues : deep inhalation (singing exercising)
Old 06-01-2021, 09:02 AM   #8847
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-01-...itals/13031940
4 users like this post:
Old 06-01-2021, 11:42 AM   #8848
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggerlugs View Post
"But we're burnt out, and it's made harder by the necessary restrictions. We can't socialise and blow off steam outside work like we used to. We can't visit friends and have them make us a cup of tea and just look after us for a little while."

This is really difficult to hear. If you think we had it hard, the lock down there will be 100 more severe mentally. A lot of people in the city areas live in pigeon hole style apartments. Some of the places there are effectively just bedrooms with no lounge or yard. There are A LOT of places like that and I can't imagine what it'd be like. I still keep in close contact with a lot of friends in London and they are really struggling.
Old 06-01-2021, 11:52 AM   #8849
zilo
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesa View Post
Medical professionals have already proven that most people who contract covid are left with heart damage even if they only had mild symptoms.

Please provide evidence of the highlighted text cause it contradicts what I am hearing from two family members, both of who are doctors.
Old 06-01-2021, 11:54 AM   #8850
zilo
BANNED

Quote:

What proof is there of under 12 not being carriers?

Does Covid-19 know that it is sitting on top of a 12 year old's hand?
Closed Thread