Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 13-12-2010, 08:27 AM   #91
banarcus
hmm eyebrows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resurrection
"Australians still want large cars"? - yes but not Falcons it seems
And the sad thing is that Aussies prefer the Korean Holden "supercar" of the 2000s, the Cruze over the homegrown Falcon.
Old 13-12-2010, 12:08 PM   #92
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0son
i dont know anything about the type of driving you're doing ... my friend who has an FG XR6 (turbo admittedly, but seldom on boost) has woeful fuel consumption. he has the misfortune to drive in stop-start traffic much of the time, and he pays for it at the bowser.

my BA, which spent almost no time on the freeway, never got better than 14L/100km. on the same roads, my GTI does 9L/100km.

Is the FG 20-30% more economical than the BA? I cant see how an FG isnt going to get better than 13L/100km in my hands.

as I've already mentioned, I'm not interested if it cant do better than 10L/100km.
gee gee for a little car thats not grouse economy, you might also want to think some of us carry passengers ,groceries, pensioner strollers, and tow stuff on a regular basis, the big falcon is a multi purpose car and does the job very well and with ease, the split rear seat i can fit a 3m bit of pipe inside the car and still close the boot, i can buy parts in the milk bar (so to speak) no doubt the volksey is a decent small/medium size car, but it does`nt fit the bill for some of us, as much as i`d love a GT or GS, i could happily get by with an XT.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2010, 12:30 PM   #93
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I want large cars.
Some people don't so big deal.

I think large cars will always be around, less people may buy them but they will always be around.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2010, 03:36 PM   #94
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik
gee gee for a little car thats not grouse economy
i drive it a fair bit more aggressively than i would the Falcon. i get 7-8 if I can be bothered.
b0son is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post