Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 25-08-2013, 09:21 AM   #451
Burnout
Falcon RTV - FG G6ET
Donating Member3

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Getting old, I'm jack of it!

RTV Power
FG G6ET 50th Anniversary in Sensation.
While the basic Ford Six was code named Barra, the Turbo version clearly deserved its very own moniker – again enter Gordon Barfield.
We asked him if the engine had actually been called “Seagull” and how that came about.
“Actually it was just call “Gull”, because I named it that. Because we knew it was going to poo on everything”.
Burnout is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 26-08-2013, 11:03 AM   #452
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

flat tyres......haven't had one for years, now I get two in a week?????

G'day....I'm Dave, ...everyone calls me Poppa,..05.. B.A. Fairmont mark II...

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
poppa smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2013, 01:05 PM   #453
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geez Louise View Post
When you go to log onto your internet bank account and you don't realise you have caplock on and you type in your password wrong 3 times and it locks you out until you call the bank.....GRRRRRRR. Not happy Jan!!
I did that on my phone by accident because of the dodgy touch screen. Then to reset the account it sent the code to my old number....
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 26-08-2013, 01:15 PM   #454
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

people who use shifters on nuts.........

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
Old 26-08-2013, 02:44 PM   #455
Vincenzo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just flew for the first time in a number of years. sitting directly behind me were a group of mine workers, who, every second word coming out of there mouth was "F" this or "C" that. They were in their late 20's early 30's and showed absolutely no respect for those around them females included.

Cheers Vincenzo

"WRC is for boys, Group B was for men" - Juha Kankkunen 4 times World Rally Champion

Romanes Eunt Domus - 'people called Romanes they go the house' - You mean Romani Ite Domum

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Vincenzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 26-08-2013, 02:46 PM   #456
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppa smurf View Post
Ye' olde mexican nut effer.

My cousin just picked up a project bike and is using shifters on it, so I'm going to buy him one of those tool kits with AF/MM spanners/sockets etc for Christmas.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 26-08-2013, 02:55 PM   #457
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo View Post
Ye' olde mexican nut effer.

My cousin just picked up a project bike and is using shifters on it, so I'm going to buy him one of those tool kits with AF/MM spanners/sockets etc for Christmas.
yep! bloody nut fluffers......should be banned....even a supercheap auto set is (or should that be "are) better than damnable shifters.

looks like a nut splitter is the next selection.

cleaning up a small bolt on the wire wheel bench grinder, bolt slipped, finger went into wire wheel......didnt like that much.

Old 26-08-2013, 03:25 PM   #458
AJ09

Quote:
Have to agree with this.. Personally I hate shifters.

The funny thing is, I run a wholesale Hand Tool company and guess what 3 of our best sellers are..... 6",8" & 10" shifters!!
AJ09 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2013, 03:40 PM   #459
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak99 View Post
Have to agree with this.. Personally I hate shifters.

The funny thing is, I run a wholesale Hand Tool company and guess what 3 of our best sellers are..... 6",8" & 10" shifters!!
love shifters. im a carpenter and i always have one in my nail bag. no way am i carrying multiple sockets
Giant Cranium is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2013, 03:55 PM   #460
AJ09

Smile Re: Geez! I hate that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant Cranium View Post
love shifters. im a carpenter and i always have one in my nail bag. no way am i carrying multiple sockets
I can understand why you would use them in your line of work,

and I don't blame you for not wanting to carry a socket set around...
AJ09 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2013, 03:55 PM   #461
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Australia Post removing the under 250g option for small parcels, charging $6.95 for up to 500g, then being told that $6.95 of postage has to be 'made up' of a shemozzle of several smaller stamps..... because offering a single stamp, or the ability to print multiple stickers seems like a stupid idea doesn't it.....

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 26-08-2013, 09:57 PM   #462
Spurious

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoval View Post
ease up on the cyclist hate....I am a cyclist and no I am not gay contrary to those who believe otherwise. I do not appreciate the insinuation that I am homosexual because I wear the lycra and ride a bike. :P

I don't want this thread being locked for this subject alone, but, I do not condone the arrogant behavior of some cyclists out there either. For those who do not know, cyclists CAN ride 2 abreast on the road here in SA as long as there are no cycling lanes on the road shoulder. But they need to do so with other road users in mind. 'Hogging' the road is a no-no for cyclists.

On the otherhand, capable driving negotiation from drivers is required to drive past cyclists while being safe. If you cannot safely negotiate a pass on cyclists, then you shouldn't be on the road. What's the difference in passing cyclists than passing a slower bus or truck? Most seem to be ok with driving behind a bus/truck doing 40kph in a 60 zone for quite a while until its safe to do so, but can't handle the thought of getting around cyclists? 'We' aren't as wide as a bus or truck and don't block your view.

Well today was almost a bad day for one cyclist. I was driving between Ulverstone & Penguin, I allowed myself to get distracted for a few seconds by a "leaning" train carriage connected to a passing train. I put my eyes back on the road in the nic' of time to see this guy dawdling along in the lane ahead. I would have copped the blame & the cyclist would have copped a ford up the butt at 70km/h. I turned white I reckon & the cyclist was oblivious. Riding on the road is just plain stupid. Car wins every time eh'!
Spurious is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2013, 10:08 PM   #463
DaveD

Buying toothpaste. It used to be easy...remember?

Also, I don't want 375ml tubes, I want 4 litre packs please
DaveD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2013, 10:57 PM   #464
Spurious

Quoting a gardening job (trimming 3 fruit tree's & planting 2 small ones) & then starting said job.

First there's the pile of cuttings that mysteriously appeared on the ground between the quote & my arrival onsite with the unsaid assumption that I'm taking that too! (Brain say's, "oh' here we go, another one of these jobs!")

Then the client finds more & more things to prune, obviously not included in the quote, (they always try it on 'til you mention an "increased price"), then said client grabs their own tools & starts pruning even more which then adds to the already large load of green waste on the ground of which I have to carry to the trailer. (my patients running low now!)

Then the client put's their cuttings on my already loaded trailer & think's up MORE jobs for me to do (hopefully while I'm there) & judges what the extra work is worth & what I'll get for it. The whole time ignoring the fact that this isn't the only job I have to do on the day & other clients are waiting & most likely getting upset by now. (my patients GONE!)

So you say "that's a job for another day & another quote" at which point the client say's " OK, don't worry about it then...HUMPH!"

Would you ask a builder for 1 more room after he's renovated the house & expect to pay no more?

My advice is, if you want something for nothing then do it yourself.

If you want the privilege of having someone come to your house, tidy up your yard, follow your constantly changing orders & you want them to come again next week, then try not to **** them off!

Also, if it's not in the job description then I most likely won't want to do it. You can ask but be prepared to be politely declined. I cut lawns, do edging, trim tree's & shape hedges. I load up green waste & I sweat a lot. I DON'T drag trampolines around, & definitely DON'T pick up kid's toy's or your dog's turds!
Spurious is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 27-08-2013, 12:30 AM   #465
H.G
Driver Returns On Foot

Hernia... That's no joy
H.G is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2013, 12:43 AM   #466
my_gxl
Unintended Perfectionist

Thinking gasless mig wire will actually work well...
my_gxl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2013, 07:39 AM   #467
NickyN
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
Australia Post removing the under 250g option for small parcels, charging $6.95 for up to 500g, then being told that $6.95 of postage has to be 'made up' of a shemozzle of several smaller stamps..... because offering a single stamp, or the ability to print multiple stickers seems like a stupid idea doesn't it.....
Wouldn't that take more time? Idk why the AU Post cant' just print out one label stamp thingie with the price on it........just one. That's a real big

Calling an office and the secretary asks to take a msg for the person I'm calling for. Ok, so I leave a detailed msg. WHICH apparently the person I needed to speak to didn't even get so I have to go over the whole thing AGAIN. Makes me wanna say, "don't ask then."
NickyN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2013, 11:18 AM   #468
t_holt69

doing three years of apprenticeship on cruddy wages, then for work to hire someone under a different job description, at full pay, to teach the same thing...
Old 27-08-2013, 11:36 AM   #469
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by my_gxl View Post
Thinking gasless mig wire will actually work well...
It can but A/ it needs to be good stuff not that crap bunnings sell and B/ it takes some work

but its quicker and eaiser to just run gas

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2013, 11:46 AM   #470
my_gxl
Unintended Perfectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yeti View Post
It can but A/ it needs to be good stuff not that crap bunnings sell and B/ it takes some work

but its quicker and eaiser to just run gas
Yeah I got it from a trade shop, but I think its Boss brand. A stick welder would have done a better job.
The only reason I got it was due to an issue with the gas account. Renting gas bottles is a rort.

I think I have used CIG gasless wire (which was on the machine when I purchased it) and it seemed heaps better.
my_gxl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2013, 11:50 AM   #471
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlivverFord View Post
Well today was almost a bad day for one cyclist. I was driving between Ulverstone & Penguin, I allowed myself to get distracted for a few seconds by a "leaning" train carriage connected to a passing train. I put my eyes back on the road in the nic' of time to see this guy dawdling along in the lane ahead. I would have copped the blame & the cyclist would have copped a ford up the butt at 70km/h. I turned white I reckon & the cyclist was oblivious. Riding on the road is just plain stupid. Car wins every time eh'!
Well in this circumstance, you probably saved the cyclist a lot of pain, and yourself a lot of stress by concentrating on the road in the nick of time.

Im not condoning the cyclists actions, he sounds too ignorant to assume everyone else will see him, and deserves to be at least spoken to about his reckless attitude on the road and who would come off second best.

On the other hand, riding on the road is also a right cyclists have not only as commuters but as recreational riders too. There needs to be some acceptance from both sides. Cyclists need to lose the arrogant 'I'm also entitled' attitude, and drivers need to 'calm down' and properly negotiate all moving things with wheels on the road regardless of the engine driving it.

A common misconception is cyclists do not pay taxes/rego to use the roads, yet cyclists ALSO own cars. So who pays for the road taxes then?

Quote:
They are built and maintained using public funds collected from general taxes, including those who do not use motorised vehicles.
http://www.sydneycyclist.com/forum/t...he-authorities

Not to steer this thread completely off topic, being open minded as well as thinking about others to 'share' the road goes a long way to safer, less stressful driving trips, than a 'This is my right to ride/drive, get outta my way' attitude. It is THIS selfish attitude that I hate.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2013, 11:54 AM   #472
STINKY NINJA
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincenzo View Post
Just flew for the first time in a number of years. sitting directly behind me were a group of mine workers, who, every second word coming out of there mouth was "F" this or "C" that. They were in their late 20's early 30's and showed absolutely no respect for those around them females included.

Cheers Vincenzo
Well maybe you should have told them to stop if you were so offended.
Are you showing them any respect by whinging about it on this forum,either do something about it at the time or build a bridge and get over it.
STINKY NINJA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2013, 11:58 AM   #473
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

watching the local news last night about a couple of police actions taken in the area, it was mentioned that a cyclist (whyalla I think) was swooped by a nesting magpie on a dual carriageway, veered away, out of fright (as you would,) straight into the path of a vehicle travelling the same way in the other lane.

not sure of injuries but not a lucky person I feel.

Old 27-08-2013, 12:01 PM   #474
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

Quote:
watching the local news last night about a couple of police actions taken in the area, it was mentioned that a cyclist (whyalla I think) was swooped by a nesting magpie on a dual carriageway, veered away, out of fright (as you would,) straight into the path of a vehicle travelling the same way in the other lane.

not sure of injuries but not a lucky person I feel.
geez, I have been swooped like hell before too while riding and it does get the adrenaline pumping. It's that time of year for it.

As for the cyclist, well he should have concentrated on GTFO quicker in a straight line than veering all over the road. That reaction needs to be dealt with.

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1975 Honda Civic
Old 27-08-2013, 12:01 PM   #475
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by my_gxl View Post
Yeah I got it from a trade shop, but I think its Boss brand. A stick welder would have done a better job.
The only reason I got it was due to an issue with the gas account. Renting gas bottles is a rort.

I think I have used CIG gasless wire (which was on the machine when I purchased it) and it seemed heaps better.
CIG is the best of a bad lot

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2013, 12:12 PM   #476
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoval View Post
geez, I have been swooped like hell before too while riding and it does get the adrenaline pumping. It's that time of year for it.

As for the cyclist, well he should have concentrated on GTFO quicker in a straight line than veering all over the road. That reaction needs to be dealt with.
I think it was a she, I don't blame her for losing control of the cycle, if it was me I would have lost bowel control at the same time as well as getting run over.

we've been riding our bikes when attacked and I don't mind saying that even at my size and age they scare the crap out of me, even when I know they are there.

Old 27-08-2013, 12:43 PM   #477
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Quote:
I think it was a she, I don't blame her for losing control of the cycle, if it was me I would have lost bowel control at the same time as well as getting run over.

we've been riding our bikes when attacked and I don't mind saying that even at my size and age they scare the crap out of me, even when I know they are there.
That's a fair call. But to lose steering control on a dual carriageway is asking for trouble. The worst these birds do is peck your helmet.

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1975 Honda Civic
Old 27-08-2013, 01:29 PM   #478
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Middle management.

Jump to decisions to appease their superiors then when it gets ****** up quick to blame others.
Old 27-08-2013, 06:18 PM   #479
blueoval
Critical Thinker

getting my car washed, and it rains a few hours later. I hate that!

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1975 Honda Civic
2 users like this post:
Old 28-08-2013, 11:23 AM   #480
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyN View Post
Wouldn't that take more time? Idk why the AU Post cant' just print out one label stamp thingie with the price on it........just one. That's a real big

Calling an office and the secretary asks to take a msg for the person I'm calling for. Ok, so I leave a detailed msg. WHICH apparently the person I needed to speak to didn't even get so I have to go over the whole thing AGAIN. Makes me wanna say, "don't ask then."
The stupidity of the way the postage works is a joke. I can line up, they weigh the item and the postage is a generic $6.95....

So, to save time (Post Office) I ask them to print out 2 extra stickers.

PO "Oh, sorry, we can't do that"... Why?? "Because the stickers we print have dates, and a 'to and from' post code..."

Yes, but the date is irrelevant, and so is the post code as it's a standard rate.. please print three so I don't need to line up again.

PO "Nope, can't... If I print 3 now and you use them later they will not go through".. we don't make the rules..

Hmmm stamps have no date, nor do they have post codes. If I find old stamps they are still worth the same face value. If price goes up I'll just add an extra 20c or 10c stamp to bridge the difference..

PO "No, we can sell you a $5, then a $1.80 stamp then three 5c stamps... Oh, hang on, we are out of 5c stamps, I can sell you a 20c stamp but then it will be over 5c..."

Forget it... I'll just line up next time again for you to print another sticker....

PO "Sorry mate, they will be rejected if I print out extra today"..

Funny that, the people who looked after this place prior to you taking over had no issue printing out a few at a time, and they all got sent even if it was weeks after it was printed and to a totally different state...

No reply to that one worth printing....

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post