Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 25-04-2015, 10:43 PM   #121
Blue Roo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: My FGX XR8 denied warranty

Fords Warranty isn't worth the paper that's written on. I wouldn't even use it as toilet paper.

But really. How pathetic is Ford. Ripping off a customer. Who paid his hard earn dollars. Buying your product and not standing behind your warranty.

Ford Australia you should be ashamed of yourself.
3 users like this post:
Old 25-04-2015, 10:44 PM   #122
EDManual
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Dont give them your licence when you want to test drive a car!
With that later on, after you buy one, they can look up vicroads/rta websites and see if you have had a speeding ticket in the past, and that would mean no warranty for you as you may speed!!
Old 25-04-2015, 10:45 PM   #123
EDManual
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Look at this bad publicity! Why dont they just fix it? Crazy public relations they have there at Ford?!! If they lose 1 customer who may have bouught a Mustang, (and they would have!) they've already lost, they should have just fixed it and lived with it.
This user likes this post:
Old 25-04-2015, 10:54 PM   #124
08G63T

I feel for the Op. I hope it eventually works out in your favour.

From ford's response, it seems that the new xr8 is supposed to be a boat towing another boat.
3 users like this post:
Old 25-04-2015, 10:55 PM   #125
Havoc
Banned

im with ford on this one.
2 users like this post:
Old 25-04-2015, 10:57 PM   #126
JGP

disappointing to hear. I can just picture it: 'quick scan the forums for any evidence, this guy wants some warranty on his brand new car'...
A mate of mine has a 1 yr old 300c SRT8 that he got brand new, modified the exhaust and air filter. When he blew the transmission(12k quoted) the dealer mentioned he reckons the 22inch rims(EDIT: non standard rims) may be to blame, trans got replaced under warranty but was told if it happens again no warranty replacement.
Whiteline sway bars,nolathane bushes, Koni reds,Kings springs,nolathane camber kit,whiteline bump stops.
Built tailshaft + billet cv, ZF + PWR exchanger + braided lines, Superpro diff bushes.
3 users like this post:
Old 25-04-2015, 10:58 PM   #127
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It's just a weird situation, it's not as if it showed up on a flatbed straight from the drag races with time sheets all over the passenger seat.

That was 6000km ago, but why were they going through months of a Ford Forums posts?
Old 25-04-2015, 10:59 PM   #128
Eaturbo
BUILT FORD TUFF

It's a well known fact that you should always drag your car minus it's number plates or at least put tape over the numbers. I would take it further as what is 3 drag runs going to do to the car that it wouldn't have been exposed too on the street. They have all of the electronic protections in place so what has caused the damage. Maybe ask Ford to consider at least supplying the parts only if you can't take it further though court.
Old 25-04-2015, 11:05 PM   #129
GTP534
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazen View Post
It's just a weird situation, it's not as if it showed up on a flatbed straight from the drag races with time sheets all over the passenger seat.

That was 6000km ago, but why were they going through months of a Ford Forums posts?
Agree about it being a weird situation especially with the time lines and as we haven't heard both sides of the story I wouldn't rush to judgement.

Based on what Kempy has said though I believe he should pursue the matter.
Old 25-04-2015, 11:33 PM   #130
GTpilot
FG GT 5.4 w/ additions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDManual View Post
Dont give them your licence when you want to test drive a car!
With that later on, after you buy one, they can look up vicroads/rta websites and see if you have had a speeding ticket in the past, and that would mean no warranty for you as you may speed!!
sure what a great idea...Wait......So when you do buy it, and it has to be registered in your name, what do you do then? tell them you name is Donald Duck?
Old 25-04-2015, 11:39 PM   #131
tlub

hsv are the same . have in my position a 2010 blue meanie and we have only put 1300km on clock from new. had an alternate fault as it was over charging so contacted the dealer in perth to let them know that we got a licence auto sparkie to diagnose the problem being that we were outside the radius from dealer as per owners handbook and that the extended warranty till end of 2015 that we paid for , we would be seeking reinbursment of invoice of sparkie and that replacement alternator was purchased from a holden dealer. ( genuine part ). their response was being that the car had not been regularly serviced by them , warranty void. my response was they did the 1000km service and that it wasn't due as only 1300km on clock. they said time elapsed between service so too bad , and they wipe their hands of it . c--- heads , so holden are no different.
Old 25-04-2015, 11:51 PM   #132
Dave R

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Valued contributor especially in the FG threads. Offers help and information to all. Posts are always in a positive manner. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlub View Post
hsv are the same . have in my position a 2010 blue meanie and we have only put 1300km on clock from new. had an alternate fault as it was over charging so contacted the dealer in perth to let them know that we got a licence auto sparkie to diagnose the problem being that we were outside the radius from dealer as per owners handbook and that the extended warranty till end of 2015 that we paid for , we would be seeking reinbursment of invoice of sparkie and that replacement alternator was purchased from a holden dealer. ( genuine part ). their response was being that the car had not been regularly serviced by them , warranty void. my response was they did the 1000km service and that it wasn't due as only 1300km on clock. they said time elapsed between service so too bad , and they wipe their hands of it . c--- heads , so holden are no different.
That has absolutely nothing to do with this thread and from what you've stated, you are at fault. If your car is a '10 and has only had 1 service, then your warranty is in fact void. Service intervals are determined not just by kilometres, but by time- whichever comes first. Holden have every right to deny your claim.

Back on topic.
3 users like this post:
Old 25-04-2015, 11:54 PM   #133
Havoc
Banned

exactly how dare ford reject his claim based on half a story when holden should reject your claim based on half your story outrageous
Old 26-04-2015, 12:06 AM   #134
tlub

ok then tell me - my gtf has a recall on it . currently I am too busy to take it in at the moment let alone drive it ( currently 703km) when does my warranty void or recall lapse it is august build.
Old 26-04-2015, 12:16 AM   #135
EDManual
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

^^ Is a service every 10000 or 6 months? If so, you are out of warrany!...surely not!

I just took my Dmax in for a service, 23000km over the service interval (previous collegues car, not my fault)...they found some warrany issues and have no problems fixing a leaking shocker and something worn in the rear suspension.
Old 26-04-2015, 12:35 AM   #136
NX74205
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by asagaai View Post
The Ford warranty exclusions for modifications is pretty clear and wide, and would exclude a tune.

Likewise, the statutory warranties of fit for purpose will likely not apply as the car with tune is not what was produced and sold by Ford.
Tune or not, 'fit for purpose' doesn't mean fit for a drag strip. I doubt very much that OP would get anywhere with a 'fit for purpose' argument. Its purpose is as road transport to get from A to B, not the drag strip. Whether it's a Fiesta or an XR8, the bottom line is that it's a road car, not a race car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo View Post
Ford has s right of reply, if they want to defend themselves they have to prove Kempy wrong and them in the right.
They do, but they have absolutely no obligation to do so in public. We've only heard one side of the story so far.

Quote:
Terms and conditions mean not as much ultimately, the item needs to be fit for purpose. Ford could say warranty is void when ambient temp is over 35 degrees - courts, consumer commissions would ignore it.
It's easy enough for Ford to argue that it wasn't designed for the drag strip, thus the failure cannot be attributable to it being not 'fit for purpose'.

Quote:
Also BEFORE purchasing the performance vehicle have material clearly explaining to the buyer what they deem to be behaviour or a manner they will void the warranty.
If the buyer doesn't read or abide by the terms and conditions of the warranty, it's hardly Ford's fault when things go south.
2005 Ford BF Fairmont (2006-2019)
1989 Ford EA Falcon GL (2000-2007)
1982 Ford KA Laser Ghia (1999-2000)
3 users like this post:
Old 26-04-2015, 12:38 AM   #137
Top_Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: has been consistently providing good technical advice etc. to AFF members, by having the vast technical knowledge he has with the various Ford products. A valuable AFF member 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kempy311 View Post
Mine did a 12.7

Quote:
Originally Posted by kempy311 View Post
Was about 1000kms on it.

1000km and you're thrashing it at the drags?
I don't think I feel too sorry for the OP. That poor car.
4 users like this post:
Old 26-04-2015, 12:41 AM   #138
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

I think in Kempys best interest that this thread and his build thread are deleted until this issue is rectified. Ford will fix it but there's a certain way of handling the situation. The dealer has to step up to and back the owner. They have avenues available to them to push the claim but it comes down to how much they value their customer.
5 users like this post:
Old 26-04-2015, 12:44 AM   #139
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top_Ghia View Post

I've seen people drive cars out of dealerships and taken them straight to tune shops and they haven't failed. I don't see the relevance in how it's driven provided it hadn't been tampered with.

As for the "poor" car that's what it's supposedly built to do, unless I've missed something over the last 8 years of FPV ownership?
4 users like this post:
Old 26-04-2015, 12:48 AM   #140
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
ok then tell me - my gtf has a recall on it . currently I am too busy to take it in at the moment let alone drive it ( currently 703km) when does my warranty void or recall lapse it is august build.
In theory the 3,000 km / 5 month mark. Did you have the first service done?
Old 26-04-2015, 12:52 AM   #141
EDManual
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Draging cars from new is good for them :-)

I had my new v8 built, ran it in as meant :
20 minutes at 2000-2500 rev to bed in cam
Then 2 x Flat out 3rd gear to 2000-4500, then 2x 3rd gear 2000-5500, then 2 x 3rd gear 2000-6500! I noticed the difference in just these few minutes as the rings bed in!
This was with running in oil, then did about 30km, did about 4 quarter mile drags, then changed to new running in oil another 80km, then another 4 drags, another 50km changed oil to normal. Done.
Yep, and thats meant to stop any gasses blowing by the rings, as when you do it slowly you can get gaps. Thats what all the race cars and motorbikes do for best power and efficiency.
My brother worked at fords, all engines are run in already just like above on a stand dyno with huge torque being made. Theres no need to run them in or be nice to them at all. I dont get Fords problem, and a supercharger surely needs no running in?!!
3 users like this post:
Old 26-04-2015, 01:09 AM   #142
LoudPipes
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
hsv are the same . have in my position a 2010 blue meanie and we have only put 1300km on clock from new.
I thought a Blue Meanie was a HRT car not a HSV.
Old 26-04-2015, 01:25 AM   #143
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top_Ghia View Post
You're kidding right?

My FG F6 did 12.9 stock with 700ks on the odo. Maybe the Miami engine is a dud if it can't handle WOT application when new.
Old 26-04-2015, 01:38 AM   #144
INJECTED_250
Custom user title

I had ford try to deny warranty on my ute for the bad batch of cylinder heads the lpi fgs had.
They tryed to claim i had used incorrect oil in It, i had had my local mechanic service it from new as ford service are useless.
Ford even called my mechanic to find out what oil was used ( i called ahead and told him to say what the dealership uses)
it ended up getting fixed under warranty
needless to say 3 months later there was a recall on the faulty part any way.
these ****** were just looking for any out they could find
mate i hope you get it replaced, but they sure try to look for any way to get out of it as i found out.

Last edited by INJECTED_250; 26-04-2015 at 01:43 AM.
3 users like this post:
Old 26-04-2015, 02:17 AM   #145
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 

Quote:
Porsche...

I used to work on a Porsche 997 GT3RS that killed two engines whilst racing at Bathurst two years in a row. All covered under warranty and the owner was compensated with another track day as a result.

Another guy I used to do some work for blew up his 996 Carrrera at club event at Wakefield, then took his Cayenne 'tow car' out for laps until he broke that too. Porsche road side assistance towed both cars and his trailer back to a dealer in Canberra and repaired them
Perhaps things have changed since then, or it varies by model or country, but the Porsche warranty here http://www.porsche.com/all/media/pdf...%20Booklet.pdf under What is not covered Clause 2a seems to say you void your warranty using it in "speed timed events or competitive motorsports.." That a UK one I can't open the link ("For detailed information on the scope of the warranty please refer to the Overview of Components and Assemblies") here for the Oz one here http://www.porsche.com/australia/acc...rrantyperiods/

The discussion here http://performanceforums.com/forums/...-67273851.html suggests that Porsche, Nissan for their GTR and Lotus offer limited warranty for motorsport use. It also suggests both Holden and Ford both monitor forums for evidence of motorsport use.

Last edited by aussiblue; 26-04-2015 at 02:23 AM.
Old 26-04-2015, 02:27 AM   #146
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 

Lotus say here http://www.lotuscars.com/ownership/warranty :

Quote:
Cars build by Motorsport division of Lotus are intended for use as a road going passenger cars and for use in non-competition track day events.

USE IN A COMPETITIVE MANNER, INCLUDING TIMED LAPS OR RUNS WILL INVALIDA TE THE NEW VEHICLE WARRANTY.

Participation in track day events other than competitive events or timed laps or runs will not invalidate the New Vehicle Warranty, unless the vehicle is hired to participate in such events on a commercial basis.
So for Lotus' it's a limited warranty for some motorsports events and only their motorsports division vehicles and no drag racing.
Old 26-04-2015, 03:01 AM   #147
malazn mafia
Boss 335

Always wondered if HWP managed to blow up their engine or transmission during a pursuit, would the police have to pay for a new engine and transmission? Insurance only covers damage to bodywork. Ford/Holden would probably wipe their hands clean as it was outside of 'normal use'?
Old 26-04-2015, 03:24 AM   #148
Express
Bathed In A Yellow Glow

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiblue View Post
I am not unsympathetic to the OP but I don't know of any manufacturer who doesn't void their new car warranty if the car is used in motorsports. Perhaps some of the exotics but I can't find one yet.
I feel for OP.

I’m one of those owners who rolls the dice and mods cars from day one and sometimes I have them done through the dealer before I even pick them up.

So having the right dealer can be a huge help.

I had a new VE Ute with around 500km on the clock with a tune, exhaust, CAI and lowered fail on the skidpan at Eastern Creek during a day out with the dealership and it was put on a truck and taken to the dealership and repaired under warranty no ifs or butts and that was after I signed a waver that if something happen to the car while I was there it was my problem not a warranty issue.

After a couple of days when I picked it up they asked if I was going to the next skidpan day and I said, …. yeah.
Old 26-04-2015, 07:48 AM   #149
99AUXR
Brad

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Installing starter motor advice on ba / bf 6cyc Falcon. 

Would be interesting to pull the snout and see if it was a bearing failure or just the front coupling. In which case Im sure you could use other cases of coupling failures to your advantage.
Old 26-04-2015, 08:22 AM   #150
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlivverFord View Post
Furthermore, at the very least, as per a warranty assessment, Ford should AT A MINIMUM, get the car into a workshop, strip it down & figure out what happened.
They don't care.. trust me. If they indeed find a fault it just means they need to start paying for this repair and then others.

Get it INDEPENDENTLY assessed by a third party and if those findings are in your favor take further action.

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Closed Thread