Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 27-04-2015, 11:07 AM   #211
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: My FGX XR8 denied warranty

Quote:
Originally Posted by joolz View Post
So if you take a 4X4 out in the bush and something fails you are not covered by warranty.... Ford AU this is a performance car, the SC failed doing what you said it was made for...
Actually yes...damage your 4x4 offroad and they may not cover the warranty. "Normal" off road use? Yes, they'll cover it. Take on the Telegraph Track to the Cape? Nope...don't bet on being covered...

Vehicles sold here promoted as "performance cars" aren't being sold as race cars or competition cars. The intention is that you enjoy the extra power and enhanced driving experience...not take it into a "competition" setting. They're not sold as "drag cars".
Harley Davidson had a purely drag oriented model of the V-Rod called the "Destroyer". It was intended to be used on the drag strip, and wasn't street legal...you couldn't even register it if you wanted to. The company sold it purely for that purpose.

You want to use a car for competition purposes and are worried about the warranty? Wait until the warranty finishes and don't complain.
Old 27-04-2015, 11:18 AM   #212
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My 2013 GT went through 3 differentials within 4000kms, 2 were noisy and one pumped the oil out of it during sustained high speed operation. The dealer asked me if I had raced the car, I asked if they meant similar to driving the car during a FPV track day.

Being a fleet buyer I reminded them of their warranty obligations and the vehicle should be fit for purpose under consumer law, I also gave them the business card of my lawyer if they had any queries.

My GT was repaired and I was offered a loan car during the repair period which I declined.

Kempy I suggest you go to another dealer and engage in the services of a lawyer.
Old 27-04-2015, 11:36 AM   #213
Iggle Piggle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011G6E View Post
Actually yes...damage your 4x4 offroad and they may not cover the warranty. "Normal" off road use? Yes, they'll cover it. Take on the Telegraph Track to the Cape? Nope...don't bet on being covered...
So Ranger owners should be covered so long as any damage can be attributed to crossing creeks like the guy in the Ranger ad saving fish up in far north Qld, or if it came from rock sliding like the dude in the other Ranger ad that makes mountain bike tracks in Tassie? Good news for those that take their Rangers off road.
Old 27-04-2015, 11:47 AM   #214
Adamz Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There's off road and then there's off road that makes the Ranger ad look like the streets of Toorak. Take your Ranger on the latter and only an idiot would expect their warranty to apply...
This user likes this post:
Old 27-04-2015, 11:57 AM   #215
Buttnekid
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Stop focussing on the Ford contractual warranty and start focusing on the consumer guarantees in the Australian Consumer Law.

In my opinion, if Ford have advertised a quarter mile time for the XR8 then the implication in that representation is it is within normal use to go to the drag strip. Woop *** Wednesday or the equivalent around Australia is not competitive Motorsport.
Old 27-04-2015, 12:07 PM   #216
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttnekid View Post
Stop focussing on the Ford contractual warranty and start focusing on the consumer guarantees in the Australian Consumer Law.

In my opinion, if Ford have advertised a quarter mile time for the XR8 then the implication in that representation is it is within normal use to go to the drag strip. Woop *** Wednesday or the equivalent around Australia is not competitive Motorsport.
Where has Ford advertised quarter mile times ?.

Magazines may have done so but where has Ford officially advertised it ?.
Old 27-04-2015, 12:19 PM   #217
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttnekid View Post

But...has any official advertising ever mention a "quarter mile time"? Magazines might have done it with one, but I'd be very surprised if Ford in thier official adverts even mentioned 0-100 times, much less a quarter mile time.
Hell, even TV adverts aren't allowed to show "spirited" driving on public roads...which is why some of the best car adverts used to be at the cinema. There's a ripper of an advert in the cinemas at the moment for the new 30th anniversary Peugeot 208 GTi which I seriously doubt would be on TV's...too much "furious driving"...
Here it is...from the makers website...it's awesome...
http://www.peugeot.com.au/showroom/208/gti-30th/
2 users like this post:
Old 27-04-2015, 12:44 PM   #218
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy xr8 View Post

They havent

But why whack a couple of race drivers in race suits in the car and make it do slalom around people on what looks to be a track type set up..........
The assumption is that this is a performance car that is capable of track type activities. They are relying on this to capture the imagination of the enthusiast driver - the fanatics and the die hards alike.

http://www.ford.com.au/falcon-fanatics

The assumption , the connection and the subliminal advertising on their own website points to a certain level of track orientation. The car and its "limited" albeit pox marketing is clearly aimed at the enthusiast buyer. I wonder if the video of doing that type of live people slalom constitues "abuse" or unintended use ... LOL

Maybe they should have just had a couple of little old ladies driving it down to COLES to pick up the weekly catfood supply and show how easily it can carry a couple of tins in the boot with all that 335Kw of supercharged power. C'mon.....

New RIDE
2018 AMG Mercedes A45
Angry AWD assassin
Old 27-04-2015, 12:46 PM   #219
Iggle Piggle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011G6E View Post
Here it is...from the makers website...it's awesome...
http://www.peugeot.com.au/showroom/208/gti-30th/
Awesome ad
4 users like this post:
Old 27-04-2015, 12:54 PM   #220
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluey-GT View Post
They havent

But why whack a couple of race drivers in race suits in the car and make it do slalom around people on what looks to be a track type set up..........
The assumption is that this is a performance car that is capable of track type activities. They are relying on this to capture the imagination of the enthusiast driver - the fanatics and the die hards alike.

The assumption , the connection and the subliminal advertising on their own website points to a certain level of track orientation. The car and its "limited" albeit pox marketing is clearly aimed at the enthusiast buyer. I wonder if the video of doing that type of live people slalom constitues "abuse" or unintended use ... LOL

Maybe they should have just had a couple of little old ladies driving it down to COLES to pick up the weekly catfood supply and show how easily it can carry a couple of tins in the boot with all that 335Kw of supercharged power. C'mon.....
Exactly they haven’t.

Your analogy of the drive day fanatics and comparing it to this situation or a drag strip is totally wrong, for one the car at the drive day was not in anyway shape or form treated in such a manner as it would have been at the drag strip, especially with people standing so close to the action, it is totally different and irrelevant.

To me these car’s are promoted as a true driver’s car, an all round grand tourer, in no way shape or form has Ford Australia (in my eyes) advertised them as a drag queen or promoted the actions in doing so for the general public.

It just comes down to common sense on how consumer’s interpret the product.
Old 27-04-2015, 01:07 PM   #221
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluey-GT View Post
They havent

Spot on! If it looks like a duck, sounds like a duck, waddles like a duck....guess what? Its a duck.

Unless the vehicle has been modified beyond manufacturer's specifications, and those modifications can be directly attributed to the cause of part/equipment failure, Ford will have a hard time arguing someone using their vehicle in a lawful manner is somehow abusing the vehicle.

I'm surprised at the number of Ford apologists in this forum. A guy uses his car in a lawful manner, the vehicle incurs a manufacturing defect later on, Ford attempt to deny warranty, and some of you are backing Ford. What a strange bunch......
2 users like this post:
Old 27-04-2015, 01:15 PM   #222
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Quote:
Exactly they haven’t.

Your analogy of the drive day fanatics and comparing it to this situation or a drag strip is totally wrong, for one the car at the drive day was not in anyway shape or form treated in such a manner as it would have been at the drag strip, especially with people standing so close to the action, it is totally different and irrelevant.

To me these car’s are promoted as a true driver’s car, an all round grand tourer, in no way shape or form has Ford Australia (in my eyes) advertised them as a drag queen or promoted the actions in doing so for the general public.

It just comes down to common sense on how consumer’s interpret the product.
Common sense should not be applied here.. If it were , we wouldnt even be talking about a car with 500HP sold in an environment where the average speed acceptance is 50-60Klm/h. Common sense would dictate that such cars ( and many others ) should never be built in the 1st place.

I guess many of us that buy these sorts of cars expect a little more out of them and would "hope" that a couple of runs down the 1/4 doesnt see them drop their guts that easily. Just like we hope that pushing them a little around our favourite twisty roads doesnt see the car drop its ball joints or tear its diff bush out.

Anyways - its going to be a sticky and difficult situation for Kempy to get out of regardless. Will be interesting to see how it all pans out.

New RIDE
2018 AMG Mercedes A45
Angry AWD assassin
Old 27-04-2015, 01:20 PM   #223
Trump
bitch lasagne

Quote:
Originally Posted by kempy311 View Post
If I knew I would let you know. But all that's has happened so far I'm pretty sure is the belt as been taken off and started and they have found there is no noise.
A noise... I wonder if the snout coupling has shat itself. Was your car driveable at the point of failure or was it dead in the water when it did?
Old 27-04-2015, 01:26 PM   #224
Vesper Martini
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Coopers are well known for Selling 4WD tyres and offer an 80,000km warranty. But its void if they can prove its been off road.
Seadoo Challenger 210SE 310HP
Old 27-04-2015, 01:28 PM   #225
Vesper Martini
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Guys who know these superchargers, what's the most likely way it could be damaged?
A foreign object getting in the intake?
The car is fitted with an aftermarket filter, I'm surprised Ford have not blamed it on this.
Old 27-04-2015, 01:33 PM   #226
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevsta007 View Post
Coopers are well known for Selling 4WD tyres and offer an 80,000km warranty. But its void if they can prove its been off road.
Seriously???

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Old 27-04-2015, 01:45 PM   #227
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6 Concorde View Post
Kempy I suggest you go to another dealer and engage in the services of a lawyer.
Changing dealers may not do much, from the sounds of the reconnaissance work Ford has done I bet there is an office somewhere full of mug shots of all these cars at track days / drags with big red crosses through them.

If this work is to done it needs to be authorised from above and by the sounds of it they know your car well already.

Certainly take legal advice.

Has anything been given to you in writing yet? I bet not...

As a start, ask for why it has been declined, based on what evidence, and the full names of exactly whom has made these decisions on a Ford letter head.

That alone may make them take you more seriously....

Old 27-04-2015, 01:46 PM   #228
MDS69
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
Seriously???

Why is the Mileage Warranty only available in Capital Cities? The reason the mileage warranty is only available in capital cities, is due to the fact that most road surfaces in capital cities are similar. Whereas in Country areas, the road conditions vary dramatically. Even sealed surfaces vary from area to area. The mileage you obtain in a Country area may be less due to these conditions however the life expectancy of your Cooper Tyres compared to many other brands in the same conditions should be greater.
What happens to my Warranty if I go on a major trip? Nothing happens! As long as you keep up your service schedule, your warranty will be honoured wherever you travel in Australia. Just make sure you always keep your warranty card in your car. Call 1300 COOPER (1300 266 737) and we can help you find an Authorised Cooper Tires Dealer.
Why does the Mileage Guarantee range from 50,000 to 100,000 km? Because a small tyre cannot give the same mileage as a larger tyre that may have even deeper treads and differing patterns! Different sizes also vary in carcass construction which can influence the life expectancy of the tyre.
What happens after 100,000 km, does this mean I have no warranty after the 100,000 km? You are no longer covered by the mileage warranty after you have gone past the specified warranty mileage, but you are still covered against manufacturing faults for 72 months from date of purchase, or until the tread wears down to 1.6 mm, in which case the tyre is worn out and then the warranty ends.
What if I already get 100,000 km from my original tyres, does this mean I will get more from my Cooper Tires? If your original tyres have travelled 100,000 kms, then you should still expect more mileage out of your Coopers as they have up to 30.3% more tread than most original equipment tyres and up to 46.3% deeper tread in the shoulders.
If I sell my vehicle, is the Warranty transferable? Yes, as long as the warranty card is transferred between customers and the amount of kms that has already been run is correct and all up to date, and the purchaser is aware that balance and alignment checks are required every 10,000 kms.
Why is the Cooper STT not available with the Mileage Warranty? Because it is regarded as a more dedicated off-road tyre and mostly used in more harsh terrain than the other patterns. It also has a special cut and chip compound which may cause the tyre to actually last longer than other patterns in off-road conditions, however with mainly blacktop driving they may wear a little more quickly.
Travelling Off-road
Does the Warranty cover off
-road damage? We do not warrant against tyre punctures and damage, as they are seen as general road hazards and not a manufacturing defect or reason for not achieving the stated mileage warranty for the tyre.
If you live in a Capital City, does the Mileage Warranty apply if you drive off-road? Yes, we understand that most people will take their four wheel drives off-road, but as stated above, road hazards or damage that is not a manufacturing fault are not covered. An Authorised Cooper Tires Dealer can refuse to give you a mileage warranty based on his or her discretion on the intended use of the tyres.
Maintaining your Warranty
Why is it important to buy tyres from Authorised Cooper Tires Dealers only?
Because they are trained to recommend the correct tyre for your usage, and unauthorised dealers cannot supply the mileage warranty.
What do I need to do to maintain my Mileage Warranty and why? You must rotate and balance your tyres and have your wheel alignment checked every 10,000 kilometres and ensure that there is no mechanical reason that may be causing rapid tyre wear. An Authorised Cooper Tires Dealer must sign your card each time after the regular service is completed. You must maintain the correct tyre pressures at all times.
Why do I have to balance, rotate and wheel align my tyres to get the Warranty? Regular maintenance is important to good tyre life. Regular rotations and inspections will ensure you get the most even wear out of your tyres. The wheel alignment is essential due to the impact of varying road surfaces and conditions. Wheel alignment should be checked to compensate for any road hazards or changes to wheel alignment angles. How many pot holes have you hit in the last 6 months?
Old 27-04-2015, 01:47 PM   #229
GTP534
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6 Concorde View Post
Unless the vehicle has been modified beyond manufacturer's specifications, and those modifications can be directly attributed to the cause of part/equipment failure, Ford will have a hard time arguing someone using their vehicle in a lawful manner is somehow abusing the vehicle.
I think it's too soon to judge either way.

From what I can tell, there is still a question over whether the ECU has been modified.
Old 27-04-2015, 01:54 PM   #230
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:

Ford launch at Winton Raceway?
Old 27-04-2015, 01:55 PM   #231
zipping
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The ACCC are not going to want to know about this and besides if you go through their record of taking action against companies they lose the vast majority of cases. Lawyers will cost money and you will ultimately lose.

Best course of action is to negotiate an outcome but knowing Ford doubt they will.

I feel for OP but have played and payed myself. I had a clutch explode at Sandown with just 5k on it.

If you want to test these cars out please do it at the track. Yes it voids warranty but its far safer than on public roads. And if you do you can't expect that issues won't crop up they most definitely do.

You play you pay.
3 users like this post:
Old 27-04-2015, 01:57 PM   #232
Vesper Martini
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
Seriously???
they even have a live in a "Capital city" cLause
http://www.coopertires.com.au/media/...ntyfaqpage.pdf
Old 27-04-2015, 01:59 PM   #233
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDS69 View Post

Why is the Mileage Warranty only available in Capital Cities? The reason the mileage warranty is only available in capital cities, is due to the fact that most road surfaces in capital cities are similar. Whereas in Country areas, the road conditions vary dramatically. Even sealed surfaces vary from area to area. The mileage you obtain in a Country area may be less due to these conditions however the life expectancy of your Cooper Tyres compared to many other brands in the same conditions should be greater.
What happens to my Warranty if I go on a major trip? Nothing happens! As long as you keep up your service schedule, your warranty will be honoured wherever you travel in Australia. Just make sure you always keep your warranty card in your car. Call 1300 COOPER (1300 266 737) and we can help you find an Authorised Cooper Tires Dealer.
Why does the Mileage Guarantee range from 50,000 to 100,000 km? Because a small tyre cannot give the same mileage as a larger tyre that may have even deeper treads and differing patterns! Different sizes also vary in carcass construction which can influence the life expectancy of the tyre.
What happens after 100,000 km, does this mean I have no warranty after the 100,000 km? You are no longer covered by the mileage warranty after you have gone past the specified warranty mileage, but you are still covered against manufacturing faults for 72 months from date of purchase, or until the tread wears down to 1.6 mm, in which case the tyre is worn out and then the warranty ends.
What if I already get 100,000 km from my original tyres, does this mean I will get more from my Cooper Tires? If your original tyres have travelled 100,000 kms, then you should still expect more mileage out of your Coopers as they have up to 30.3% more tread than most original equipment tyres and up to 46.3% deeper tread in the shoulders.
If I sell my vehicle, is the Warranty transferable? Yes, as long as the warranty card is transferred between customers and the amount of kms that has already been run is correct and all up to date, and the purchaser is aware that balance and alignment checks are required every 10,000 kms.
Why is the Cooper STT not available with the Mileage Warranty? Because it is regarded as a more dedicated off-road tyre and mostly used in more harsh terrain than the other patterns. It also has a special cut and chip compound which may cause the tyre to actually last longer than other patterns in off-road conditions, however with mainly blacktop driving they may wear a little more quickly.
Travelling Off-road
Does the Warranty cover off
-road damage? We do not warrant against tyre punctures and damage, as they are seen as general road hazards and not a manufacturing defect or reason for not achieving the stated mileage warranty for the tyre.
If you live in a Capital City, does the Mileage Warranty apply if you drive off-road? Yes, we understand that most people will take their four wheel drives off-road, but as stated above, road hazards or damage that is not a manufacturing fault are not covered. An Authorised Cooper Tires Dealer can refuse to give you a mileage warranty based on his or her discretion on the intended use of the tyres.
Maintaining your Warranty
Why is it important to buy tyres from Authorised Cooper Tires Dealers only?
Because they are trained to recommend the correct tyre for your usage, and unauthorised dealers cannot supply the mileage warranty.
What do I need to do to maintain my Mileage Warranty and why? You must rotate and balance your tyres and have your wheel alignment checked every 10,000 kilometres and ensure that there is no mechanical reason that may be causing rapid tyre wear. An Authorised Cooper Tires Dealer must sign your card each time after the regular service is completed. You must maintain the correct tyre pressures at all times.
Why do I have to balance, rotate and wheel align my tyres to get the Warranty? Regular maintenance is important to good tyre life. Regular rotations and inspections will ensure you get the most even wear out of your tyres. The wheel alignment is essential due to the impact of varying road surfaces and conditions. Wheel alignment should be checked to compensate for any road hazards or changes to wheel alignment angles. How many pot holes have you hit in the last 6 months?
Ummm ok. Don't know what's the go with the loud font but it does say that 'some' off road driving is acceptable and is not a blatant 'go off road and it's void' clause as implied.

Sounds like the warranty is rubbish anyway - over the course of 80-100k km, what will a rotation, balance and alignment check cost?

Does anyone warrant punctures? The warranty sounds like it's for guaranteeing the longevity of the tyres.

Old 27-04-2015, 01:59 PM   #234
Grunter
Not of the Sooty variety!
Donating Member3

I hope Ford change the drive modes on the upcoming Mustang.

Quote:
Selectable Drive Modes

Selectable Drive Modes let you dial in handling dynamics to your
liking. The system adjusts its handling and response characteristics for enhanced control in changing conditions. Toggle between “normal”, “snow/wet”, “sport”, and “track” to stay in control, wherever the drive takes you.
Maybe it should be "normal”, “snow/wet”, “sport”, and "shopping".

Quote:
6-Speed SelectShift with Paddle Shifters

Mustang’s SelectShift gives you the thrill of using a manual transmission with the ease of an automatic.
Simply toggle the race car-inspired Paddle Shifters on the steering wheel to shift gears up or down,
for smooth and effortless gear changes without having to use a clutch.

Current
The Toy: 2002 AUIII TS50
The Daily and Tow Vehicle: 2016 VW Amarok

Last edited by Grunter; 27-04-2015 at 02:05 PM.
Old 27-04-2015, 02:00 PM   #235
ebv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

also if you defame ford in anyway they will use this against you if you try and take anything through the courts, you might get a nasty letter from a lawyer anyway.
BA GT Mk1 #0009 - Narooma Blue
SY Ghia AWD
Black VZ LX8 Adventra
Holden HX 50th Anniversary
AU Saloon Car racecar
1980 GS1000ST - Wes Cooley Rep
Old 27-04-2015, 02:09 PM   #236
MercurySilver
Isn't it obvious?
Donating Member1

i think he is pretty much stuffed
dont agree but you know what companies are like'
they would sell their grandmother for 60 bucks if it means getting out of a warranty claim

so just remember
no track days
just find a nice quiet backstreet in the middle of nowhere
let rip for an hr or two
and dont put any photos or videos on line of the action

unreal
sports car that cant be used in a sports environment otherwise it voids warranty
lol
Old 27-04-2015, 02:13 PM   #237
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo View Post
Ford launch at Winton Raceway?
So where is the official publication from Ford Australia stating quarter mile times ?.
Old 27-04-2015, 02:22 PM   #238
asagaai
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So:

In terms of Fords warranty:
  • motorsport- excluded by Ford.
  • improper use (open to definition by context) excluded by Ford.
  • modifications adversely affecting performance and causative of failure-excluded.

The motorsport and modifications failure is reasonable to me.

As stated, I will put an intercooler on and if the intercooler leaked into cylinders, it would be inequitable to seek recovery from Ford. If however the vehicle dropped a valve, and the intercooler did not contribute, I would hold Ford to account on the warranty.

The improper use exclusion is the discretionary clause which gives Ford wide wriggle room. I would expect that if the customer does not race the vehicle, uses vehicle for occasional squirt, and the customer is candid (ie does not attempt to mislead dealer/Ford about ECU mods) that Ford would apply this clause fairly.

If I was Ford, I would not at first blush warrant vehicles that had ECU mods, or were doing that drift wheel spinning/timed drags either.

But, I would also want to be seen to be fair and equitable in terms of warrantying honest customers who are not caught by the motorsport/mod exclusions, by not applying improper use clause to the customer simply giving their $60,000 performance vehicle with brembo brakes and sports suspension a spirited squirt.

All a balancing act and I think if the customer is honest, the dealer and Ford act fairly, that such warranty claims should be able to be progressed to everyone's benefit. With ongoing servicing this is an ongoing commercial relationship for all 3 parties after all.

But, racing a vehicle on a track/drag/modifying a vehicle and not disclosing, if I were Ford I would pull the pin on a warranty claim.

Not sure whether Ford does have a reinsurance binder for warranty claims, but if they do they also have to meet their contractual obligations to that reinsurer....

Ford Fiesta ST Mk 8 -daily- closest thing to a go kart on road for under 50K

FG X XR8 smoke manual - Miami hand built masterpiece by David Winter, BMC Filter, JLT Oil separators, Street Fighter Intercooler Stage 2, crushed ball, running 15% E85 and 85% 98- weekender
Old 27-04-2015, 02:22 PM   #239
ebv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

hope the owner of GTF-001 doesn't have a warranty claim or any of the wheels/motor test cars, plenty of photos and videos of them being pushed on a drag strip an race track
BA GT Mk1 #0009 - Narooma Blue
SY Ghia AWD
Black VZ LX8 Adventra
Holden HX 50th Anniversary
AU Saloon Car racecar
1980 GS1000ST - Wes Cooley Rep
3 users like this post:
Old 27-04-2015, 02:26 PM   #240
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebv8 View Post
hope the owner of GTF-001 doesn't have a warranty claim or any of the wheels/motor test cars, plenty of photos and videos of them being pushed on a drag strip an race track
I think this is a fair question!

Putting Kempy out of the picture for a minute, all the cars that are driven by the press, do they also become exempt to the warranty?

Do we have any members here with GTF's or alike that were used for promo or press work?
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Closed Thread