Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Cougar and Probe

Old 12-03-2007, 07:04 PM   #1
XR5-Boy
You mad, bro?

Default Dash kit or Paint?

Hey Guys,

Does anyone know where i can get a replacement center console section for my '00 model. The i just need the section that the handbrake and pen holder (useless) are on. It's pretty worn from the previous owner obviously not giving a sh!t about the car. If not, what colour is it? If i can match the colour then i won't have to spray the rest of the silver parts.

SFS 2007 Best Cougar, SFS 2010/2011 Best Focus XR5
XR5-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2007, 10:01 PM   #2
pcperfection
Cougar

If you were to go with a dash kit beware that most of them are cut for Yank consoles and they have 2-3 different styles, and I'm not real sure that the pen holder style is even one of them, mine is the same, looks like the top layer is flaking off in places, mine will eventually get painted.

Cheers
Mark
pcperfection is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2007, 11:09 PM   #3
XR5-Boy
You mad, bro?

yeh i was trying to source local kits coz i know the yank ones are around the wrong way! They've got a cup holder instead of the pen holder Dad said to try the wreckers. Not sure how many would have cougars though lol! I'll see if Ford Spare Parts have any. They had a few parts for my car still so it's worth a try. If not, i'll whip out the spray gun

Old 14-03-2007, 06:29 PM   #4
Dshibi
A New Focus In Life...

Our centre console only matches the UK or RHD Euro Cougars. But... I did notice from an interior photo of an HB Mondeo that they also have the same centre console area where the handbrake and gearshift are... might help?

What is this flaking you guys are referring to though?

Also, don't get too excited about the American cupholder, it's more aptly referred to as the cup-spiller by our US brethren!

Dan
Old 14-03-2007, 10:13 PM   #5
pcperfection
Cougar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abraxas

What is this flaking you guys are referring to though?

Dan
Hey Dan, looks like the top layer of clear/enamel what ever it is wears or chips off in sections leaving the exposed under layer that is lighter than the top coat

Mark
pcperfection is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2007, 02:35 PM   #6
XR5-Boy
You mad, bro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcperfection
Hey Dan, looks like the top layer of clear/enamel what ever it is wears or chips off in sections leaving the exposed under layer that is lighter than the top coat

Mark
Yep thats right. I'll take some shots of it later tonight so you can see the great build quality in all it's glory LOL