Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2019, 09:05 PM   #1
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Trump 2020 - Make The Hippies CRY Again

I love the fact that the Yanks exercised their democratic right to elect a President of their Choosing.

But mostly what I love is the how of why it happened, and why its was such a huge shock to the pundits.

Unlike most, I have taken the time to read a lot about what happened and why. Most of it written by reputable, moderate, journalists.

Contrary to popular misconception, Trump wasn't elected by rednecks. Sure, the "red states" voted red, but that was never going to be enough, which is why his defeat was widely anticipated.

Trump won, by gutting the Democrat heartland. What has now come to be referred to as the "Rust Belt".
I have read some very interesting articles, quoting a diverse group of registered democrats, people who had voted democrat their whole lives, who turned and voted for Trump.

These people were sick of the years of broken promises, first under Clinton, and then under Obama. They watched their factories, jobs, towns, and communities go into deeper and deeper decline.

And the crazy thing is, they may just do it again.
To them, Trump is seen as somebody that keeps his promises, and for taking on China they see him as a hero.

There is something about this that resonates deeply with me.
I should be a Labor voter. I believe in creating and protecting Australian jobs. But I feel the Labor party has sold out the Australian worker for a bag of magic beans.

PS: I must also confess that I love that being seen to support Trump, winds the Greens supporters into apoplectic knots.
Old 11-08-2019, 09:41 PM   #2
98TLS
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Default Re: Trump 2020 - Make The Hippies CRY Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Dazz View Post
I love the fact that the Yanks exercised their democratic right to elect a President of their Choosing.

But mostly what I love is the how of why it happened, and why its was such a huge shock to the pundits.

Unlike most, I have taken the time to read a lot about what happened and why. Most of it written by reputable, moderate, journalists.

Contrary to popular misconception, Trump wasn't elected by rednecks. Sure, the "red states" voted red, but that was never going to be enough, which is why his defeat was widely anticipated.

Trump won, by gutting the Democrat heartland. What has now come to be referred to as the "Rust Belt".
I have read some very interesting articles, quoting a diverse group of registered democrats, people who had voted democrat their whole lives, who turned and voted for Trump.

These people were sick of the years of broken promises, first under Clinton, and then under Obama. They watched their factories, jobs, towns, and communities go into deeper and deeper decline.

And the crazy thing is, they may just do it again.
To them, Trump is seen as somebody that keeps his promises, and for taking on China they see him as a hero.

There is something about this that resonates deeply with me.
I should be a Labor voter. I believe in creating and protecting Australian jobs. But I feel the Labor party has sold out the Australian worker for a bag of magic beans.

PS: I must also confess that I love that being seen to support Trump, winds the Greens supporters into apoplectic knots.
What i love is your stating that it was a shock all things considered from the get go my money was on Trump being the next president,not a Trump supporter at all,if i have the mis-fortune to be watching the television and he appears i change channels if the remotes handy even if it means suffering through a few ads Personally i could give a ****e about America/Trump or China for that matter but do pay my mortgage/buy my toys blah blah by working for a Chinese owned company,all very well for a politician to promise many things to supposed patriots but when suddenly nothing happens (again) they will move on Love the "reputable,moderate" journalist thing to,be a great TUI ad.
Old 12-08-2019, 09:21 AM   #3
marty351
Shenanigans..............

The dems are now realising that their hate campaign against Trump is losing them even more votes.
Now they're resorting to sheer desperation, calling Trump "white supremacist" without any factual evidence, (much evidence to the contrary). This **** show won't stop until the election is over, and if or when Trump wins again we're in for another four years of media and political bashing.

Popcorn at the ready.

p.s. Prayer is the last refuge of a scoundrel. Democrats are praying for a miracle.
2 users like this post:
Old 12-08-2019, 05:15 PM   #4
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It's not just the hippies crying, just about the whole world (which does extend beyond the USA) is crying too, crying with laughter, dismay and angst.
But as long as his boyfriend Kim keeps writing him "beautiful" letters and his finger is no where the nuclear holocaust button all's good I suppose.
2 users like this post:
Old 12-08-2019, 06:02 PM   #5
Adamz Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Love the guy. Don’t like a lot of his social policies, but no ones perfect. The Left has learned nothing from 2016, he will win next year comfortably and to be honest the Left probably still won’t learn after that either.
This user likes this post:
Old 12-08-2019, 06:42 PM   #6
FairmontGS
WT WRC GT Line
Donating Member3

2 users like this post:
Old 12-08-2019, 06:44 PM   #7
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98TLS View Post
What i love is your stating that it was a shock
all the pollsters had Clinton winning. What they didn't pick up on was the defection from registered democrats. ie not swinging voters or rednecks, but people the democrats (and pollsters) thought were in the bag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98TLS View Post
Love the "reputable,moderate" journalist thing to,be a great TUI ad.
You're missing the point.
I'm not talking about whether Trump is good or bad, I'm talking about why he won.
But no, like a typical lefty, you prefer to pretend that his victory was some terrible cosmic aberration, caused by the Russians.
Old 12-08-2019, 06:45 PM   #8
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Trump winning paid for a few dances at the strippers and a couple of beers with change left over - a good outcome
Old 12-08-2019, 06:48 PM   #9
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamz Ghia View Post
Love the guy. Don’t like a lot of his social policies, but no ones perfect. The Left has learned nothing from 2016, he will win next year comfortably and to be honest the Left probably still won’t learn after that either.
What's interesting is how the Phenomena (not the politics per se) was repeated in our own election.
Labor expected to win, but overlooked the massive backlash brewing in Queensland.
Like WA, we're not stupid, we KNOW how much our states rely on mining.
Old 12-08-2019, 06:54 PM   #10
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee View Post
It's not just the hippies crying, just about the whole world (which does extend beyond the USA) is crying too, crying with laughter, dismay and angst.
But as long as his boyfriend Kim keeps writing him "beautiful" letters and his finger is no where the nuclear holocaust button all's good I suppose.
I'll say this.
I wouldn't live in America if you paid me (Canadia maybe, if Global Warming thaws it out a bit)
But as a Citizen of a rich Island nation, who's entire security is based on the ANZUS treaty and the US Navy, I sleep a lot sounder with somebody like Trump in the Whitehouse.
Old 12-08-2019, 07:11 PM   #11
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

What he says he usually delivers - very few other politician have done so.

He is a political genius, a few examples:

The social justice morons complained about the tax cuts extending to them, Trump simply said there was nothing stopping them volunteering to pay more tax (none did)

He calls out 'the squad" and rallies the democrat leaders into supporting 4 idiots that most of the democrats hate.

In the midst of the Government shutdown, Pelosi wants to fly to Europe, Trump cancels the military flight siting "budget constraints", she is left stranded on the sidewalk with her baggage.

He calls out the rat infestation in Baltimore, the Democrats complain and it ends up looking like they're supporting the rats over people.

And then there is 1/1024th Pocahontas - the gift that keeps on giving.

I wasn't sure what to expect, but I reckon he is easily the best US president I have ever seen (and I grew up in the 60's)

Last edited by cheap; 12-08-2019 at 07:30 PM.
5 users like this post:
Old 12-08-2019, 07:25 PM   #12
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What you're about to witness happen over there will be like nothing you've ever seen before. It will shock you to your core, right down to the molecular level - the calm before the storm.

Nothing can stop what is coming, nothing.
Old 12-08-2019, 07:57 PM   #13
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

100% agree. Another four more years of SJWs tears to enjoy.

My cars

Current ride
2016 FG X XR6 - 6 speed manual

Previous rides
2009 FG XR6 - 6 speed auto
2006 BF MkII XT ESP - 6 speed auto
2003 BA XT V8 - 5 speed manual
1999 AU Forte - 5 speed manual
1997 EL Fairmont - 4 speed auto
1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - 4 speed auto
3 users like this post:
Old 12-08-2019, 08:00 PM   #14
marty351
Shenanigans..............

And probably another republican president after that.
Old 12-08-2019, 09:19 PM   #15
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

My cars

Current ride
2016 FG X XR6 - 6 speed manual

Previous rides
2009 FG XR6 - 6 speed auto
2006 BF MkII XT ESP - 6 speed auto
2003 BA XT V8 - 5 speed manual