Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > Early Falcon Car Club of Qld Inc

Early Falcon Car Club of Qld Inc The Queensland early model Falcon Club.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 22-08-2008, 12:36 PM   #1
STEVE.82

Default Xc Gxl

Hi i recently bought myself a 1977 xc fairmont gxl its a 302 clevo, well the bloke i bought it off said it was a clevo and it has the blue rocker covers. its on gas, and petrol. i haven't had it running on petrol yet as one of the seals leaks. all matching numbers. car is pretty straight from what i can see. i'm pretty sure xc gxl's all came out with the square headlights but this 1 has the twin headlight grill. am i right and all gxl's came out with the square headlights or could it be optioned for the twin grill? it needs some tlc most of the rust is in the end around the tail lights. will be rust free in a few wks though. i'm missing a few bits like the square headlight grill, centre console lid, armrest for passenger side gxl power windows type, chrome around wheel arches and the passenger side rear plastic vent next to the back window is broken. i've pulled all the interior out of it. gonna redo it all in black with orange highlights as i am planning on painting the car burnt orange. might make it a metallic burnt orange haven't made my mind up yet. any help chasing up parts and any feedback would be great thanx.

these are the only pics i have before i got the car, i have some of my own but can't put them on the computer atm. when i can i will.

STEVE.82 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post