Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 22-10-2014, 01:30 AM   #10471
fgpsi
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Last EVER Falcon Picture & Discussion Thread

Kidding yourselves if you think the interior is acceptable. It's just not on the vf's interior's level. It's worse than FG-II which for some models had beautiful piano black finishes. Crappy semi gloss greys and povo spear stickers just don't cut it imo

But hey they're broke
fgpsi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 22-10-2014, 01:59 AM   #10472
Adamz Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Smile Re: Last EVER Falcon Picture & Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgpsi View Post
Kidding yourselves if you think the interior is acceptable. It's just not on the vf's interior's level. It's worse than FG-II which for some models had beautiful piano black finishes. Crappy semi gloss greys and povo spear stickers just don't cut it imo

But hey they're broke
Have you seen it...? Not in a photo, but actually seen the FG X interior in person...? I'm guessing you haven't going by your expressed opinion. I've seen it and granted the VF is more modern, but the FG X is far from crappy. It's comfortable, still a good looking design and it just works rather well as a whole package.

Calling it unacceptable is way over the top, carrying on as if it's an EA interior shoved in an FG shell...
Adamz Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 22-10-2014, 09:44 AM   #10473
Uwish

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensationFG8 View Post
That photo reminds me how much I actually dislike the VF interior and how good the fg one is.
You are kidding yourself. Plain and simple.
The VF range interior is killing the Ford Falcon Range.
Uwish is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 22-10-2014, 10:53 AM   #10474
elfinke

Ooof, I need to take a dose of Understatement Pills™, because I've just overdosed on the hyperbole in here.
elfinke is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2014, 11:09 AM   #10475
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Does anyone have any external shots of the FG X in Emporer? I think we have seen every colour so far except Emporer? Or have I missed it?

Would particularly like to see an XR8 in it.

Craig H

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 22-10-2014, 11:12 AM   #10476
4vxc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

to me that VF interior shot looks like a nasty Korean car
and that steering wheel is disgusting!
cant say I like the seat trim on the Falcon either
4vxc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 22-10-2014, 11:12 AM   #10477
FGX-302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwish View Post
You are kidding yourself. Plain and simple.
The VF range interior is killing the Ford Flacon Range.
In this ford fans eyes. The BA scared the **** out of Holden with its awesome shape and world class turbo I6.. The I6 bullied HSV's V8's for years until the FG F6 rolled up n no V8 at the time could come close stock n then if u started spending money the gap would widen further!

Then the Miami came and all I could think was man must suck to be a Holden fan up against these two force fed weapons.

As far as I'm concerned forget the sales figures. Outside of the dealerships sales mean stuff all in the blue/red rivalry, and magazine reviews have always been rougher in reviewing the falcon it's been bashed for years over petty ****. If they are overall negative about the last V8 falcon they have no morals.

Ford have owned the power market since the I6T rolled out in 03. HSV had no choice but to through a blower on the GTS n go out strong. Trouble is what's going out strong? Claiming a massive figure and coming no where near it in reality, or a conservative figure and having everyone smiling on dyno day!

I'm not a hater of holdens It be sad when they go too. N whether the GTS wins the last battle, overall Ford won the war. No matter what, Holden will never have a XY GT-HO P3 to claim, nothing even close in status despite countless attempts at special editions.

Can we do a last comparison of an XR8 with 40k spent on it to take it to VF GTS prices and see if anyone sez the word interior?? On that subject is a VF GTS worth 40k more.. Not a chance. U can almost buy a XR8 n XR6T ute manuals for one GTS. Really? No think more about 40k dropped on an 8!!

At $58k drive away a modern looking XR8(GT R-spec) is everything I want it too be including the interior.
Are Holden gonna put a new ICC in the VF now as from what I read Sync2 has it all over the Holden system.

We've heard a million times about the falcons interior n the disappointment. What about the XR8's new competitor the Loundes edt VF SS. It looks every bit as outdated externally compared to the XR8. The day we see a XR8 n SS side by side on the street the VF's looks are going to be exposed bigtime.

N how good was FPR goin back to back Bathursts.

It's the blue ovals time to be in the spotlight for a few more months now. A GT-F, bathurst win an a FGX all in 2014. A year like this won't happen again for falcon fans.
I'll take looking mean with the grunt to back it over a pretty interior anyday! A true falcon man knows that there wasn't enough money for both.

Bit off topic but it needed a shakeup lol

Cheers
FGX-302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2014, 11:22 AM   #10478
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This is the interior of the 2015 Taurus....http://www.ford.com/cars/taurus/gall...otos/interior/
Old 22-10-2014, 11:41 AM   #10479
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Really dislike the look of that VF interior guess it matches the ugliness of the VF itself. The XR cloth trim has actually surprised me its actually alright. Personally I would have loved to see a leather wrap on the dash on lux pack models.
Old 22-10-2014, 11:52 AM   #10480
fgpsi
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You guys are delusional
fgpsi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2014, 12:00 PM   #10481
FGX-302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I reckon that car will have to have far better economy than the cheapest FGX to have a chance. the mustangs will sell a bit initially but this thing I really believe will be a massive flop. Any falcon drivers that would accept FWD cars are already gone years ago I would think.
I give it 2/3 years post falcon n a lot will realise how big of loss this car is to Australia.

If they bring USA top shelf stang over and sell it at a decent price it will sell.
The one that is coming is rumoured to be around $70k over here n It's nothin special. n/a version of the falcon engine.
The mustang only just went IRS for gods sake lol never been a stang follower but it seems miles behind the falcon that's gets bagged for being miles behind aswell. Add room for 2 with 2 doors. An ancient interior. The price tag. No boot. I maybe wrong but how the hell will this sell in volume? Will be interesting that's for sure.
Old 22-10-2014, 12:08 PM   #10482
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FGX S/C V8 View Post
The mustang only just went IRS for gods sake lol never been a stang follower but it seems miles behind the falcon that's gets bagged for being miles behind aswell. Add room for 2 with 2 doors. An ancient interior. The price tag. No boot. I maybe wrong but how the hell will this sell in volume? Will be interesting that's for sure.
Even with the live axel the stang had a nicer ride then the Camaro (which was terrible). The dynamics of the Stang were quite nice for everyday roads. I wouldn't buy one as they're unpractical for day to day living.

A weekend car or someone that is single is were this car is good....hopefully the interior is nicer in this new one then the current model.
Old 22-10-2014, 12:13 PM   #10483
MAD
Petro-sexual

The above picture of the brown interior is a bad photoshop.
It is not that colour in real life.
I quite liked it, but I also like the EL Ghia Cappuccino interior.
Old 22-10-2014, 12:28 PM   #10484
Hawkeye84

Nothing Ford could do with the interior, they didn't have the money.
Im sure if they could they would, they did the best they could do, so kudos to them.

I do wonder what the development costs of integrating Sync vs upgrading the interior though. If it was close, i would have chosen upgrading the interior. The existing ICC software and usability was decent in my opinion.
Hawkeye84 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2014, 12:44 PM   #10485
FGX-302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Kinda glad interior upgrades were limited. Had the spy's caught up with the new XR8 n found it looked like an FG just worsened again from the mk2 upgrade but it did have a new interior along with some dead feeling electric steering that gutter rashes mags with it's all new self parking for those that can't park a car but buy performance models. I also don't use mirrors or look anymore so glad it has blind side assist. An I couldn't be bothered glancing down half a foot and lookin at real gauges anymore either so it's got me covered with HUD..

Keep the VF the falcon is the last of a real car with usable aids that speak safety not incompetence. For anyone wanting to have their mint commy in 20years time in the shed I wonder how all these electronics be holding up.

Would anyone bashing the FGX atm ever have actually bought one if they liked the interior??
What about traded all other changes for a new interior? Would buy one?
Couldn't have both money would never permit so how many on here we got that would turn down the current XR8(Gt-Rspec) exterior changes n minor int changes for an all new interior they liked and nothing else?

It's like some think Ford owe them something n maybe they do to an extent,a decent ending for our history..behold FGX. Fact is though falcons been walking the tightrope since the 90's. Since then Ford has been losing money by the hundreds of millions. Lots of blame can be laid but that's the facts at the end of the day. So at the end of 2014 when we are offered a FGX skinned R-spec with sync2 n lots to brag about at a great price to purchase people still whinge I don't get it. Everyone is entitled to opinion im not talkin bout anyone that's talked against the FGX I'm talkin the few that go on n push negativity rather than opinion.

Should be very thankful with the FGX, things could of ended a lot worse. U might find if u don't expect the world for nothin u won't be disappointed all the time.
2 users like this post:
Old 22-10-2014, 12:46 PM   #10486
elfinke

Good page number, this one:

http://fordforums.com.au/showthread....11379652&page=351
elfinke is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 22-10-2014, 12:47 PM   #10487
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
dead feeling electric steering that gutter rashes mags
If they had have used the electric steering the SZ Territory uses, it would have been quite good.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2014, 01:04 PM   #10488
FGX-302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior View Post
If they had have used the electric steering the SZ Territory uses, it would have been quite good.
I want my falcon to live on. All new steering system on a model lasting two years smells of disaster in durability.
Why do u want it? For the self parking? It couldn't be for feel cause it would struggle to ever match the feel it's got now. Or so some geek comp wiz can hack your car with his laptop and steer it for you from a park bench without consent. Last ones a dig but I did see on the news a few wks back Elect steering can definetely be hacked and cars atm have relatively weak protection against it.

If u look at other industries it gets to a stage where u start going backwards with first time technology n mass electronics on models for quite a while before u go forward. 2 years to go not a good time to take risks on durability against a proven steering system.
Old 22-10-2014, 01:08 PM   #10489
radler

I am starting to look at the fg xt

Does anyone know what differences there are in the suspension between the xr6 and the xt

I am considering a change over from my fgmk2 xr6. I like my xr6 but similar to the fgxr8 the suspension is good for handling but I think harsh on ride

So bad at times I wonder when I go over bumps whether components have gone

I figure from the specs that ford have put out that the fgx xr6 is the same power and ride capability of the Xt.
The fgx falcon misses out on 2 speakers, no spoiler but comes with 16 rims and more profile rubber

Any 'constructive' advice or relevant information from any one ?
And please, I am not seeking a knock this or praise that variant. I drive my car as a daily driver, occasional skid pan and trips away,

Ross : n/a fgx xr6 - manual
radler is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2014, 01:11 PM   #10490
martinijosh
▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅ ▅

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Excellent guide for headlamp repair. 

Buy whatever car takes your fancy and change the shocks
Headlights don't work in your B Series? Here's how to fix it!
martinijosh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2014, 01:17 PM   #10491
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

My FG2 XRT with 19s is a touch more bumpy than when it had 18s but not bad in the slightest and I have back problems. The XT is softer for sure but handling suffers obviously.
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2014, 01:22 PM   #10492
radler

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinijosh View Post
Buy whatever car takes your fancy and change the shocks
New shocks at 34k doesn't appear to be any leaks

Any suggestions on an aftermarket replacement ?

I figure if the xr6 suspension was a bit better or could be improved after market I would have a more difficult choice as I am pretty happy with it overall

Also looking forward to see the fgx xt in real life

Some colour combos and design features work better with others on different models

For me I liked the xt front on the first fg series but not mk2

The front of the xt on the fgx looks pretty good I think from the photo's

I can be a bit picky and the rear of a fgx white xt didn't grab me but I figure the chrome on a blue might be pretty good

Old 22-10-2014, 01:22 PM   #10493
LoudPipes
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Kinda glad interior upgrades were limited. Had the spy's caught up with the new XR8 n found it looked like an FG just worsened again from the mk2 upgrade but it did have a new interior along with some dead feeling electric steering that gutter rashes mags with it's all new self parking for those that can't park a car but buy performance models. I also don't use mirrors or look anymore so glad it has blind side assist. An I couldn't be bothered glancing down half a foot and lookin at real gauges anymore either so it's got me covered with HUD..

Keep the VF the falcon is the last of a real car with usable aids that speak safety not incompetence. For anyone wanting to have their mint commy in 20years time in the shed I wonder how all these electronics be holding up.

Would anyone bashing the FGX atm ever have actually bought one if they liked the interior??
What about traded all other changes for a new interior? Would buy one?
Couldn't have both money would never permit so how many on here we got that would turn down the current XR8(Gt-Rspec) exterior changes n minor int changes for an all new interior they liked and nothing else?

It's like some think Ford owe them something n maybe they do to an extent,a decent ending for our history..behold FGX. Fact is though falcons been walking the tightrope since the 90's. Since then Ford has been losing money by the hundreds of millions. Lots of blame can be laid but that's the facts at the end of the day. So at the end of 2014 when we are offered a FGX skinned R-spec with sync2 n lots to brag about at a great price to purchase people still whinge I don't get it. Everyone is entitled to opinion im not talkin bout anyone that's talked against the FGX I'm talkin the few that go on n push negativity rather than opinion.

Should be very thankful with the FGX, things could of ended a lot worse. U might find if u don't expect the world for nothin u won't be disappointed all the time.
I agree with you.
The last thing Ford should do at this stage is give into the average consumer and give them what they want.
LoudPipes is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2014, 01:30 PM   #10494
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

Quote:
I want my falcon to live on. All new steering system on a model lasting two years smells of disaster in durability.
Why do u want it? For the self parking? It couldn't be for feel cause it would struggle to ever match the feel it's got now. Or so some geek comp wiz can hack your car with his laptop and steer it for you from a park bench without consent. Last ones a dig but I did see on the news a few wks back Elect steering can definetely be hacked and cars atm have relatively weak protection against it.

If u look at other industries it gets to a stage where u start going backwards with first time technology n mass electronics on models for quite a while before u go forward. 2 years to go not a good time to take risks on durability against a proven steering system.
The main objective is for fuel economy.
Feel? Falcon steering was good but never great.

More info for EPAS vs Hydraulic.
http://www.caranddriver.com/features...n-test-feature

As for your last statement, EPAS isn't something new, it has been around for a while and some makers have been better at implementing it than others (Territory, Cayman, Boxster, etc).

Reading the forum and some opinions here I am in glad that some here have/had no decision making in the Falcon. We'd be still in the dark ages of Falcon if they did. I have been a critic of Falcon not because I have a hatred towards it (I had two myself and over 10 in the family) but I feel it could have been far better than Ford allowed to be.
Technology isn't evil, it is a constant in everything we do, it is human nature to try and improve on the past, do something better.
Old 22-10-2014, 01:39 PM   #10495
radler

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudPipes View Post
I agree with you.
The last thing Ford should do at this stage is give into the average consumer and give them what they want.
Well as one person I certainly not into knocking the fgx, to the contrary I a loyal customer of ford Falcons so much so that my finance strategy two years ago on an fgmk2 xr6 now positions me perfectly I f want an fgx

My dilemma is more about variant and the whole trade off between price and variant

If I had enough money I would by one of each, nah, two of each, on set for driving and one for collection...

I am enjoying this lead up, plenty of time to think about which car, what colour etc
I also agree that the xr8 on rspec parts is surely a good value proposition

I do like the dab being standard and for me my choice is less effected by changes to interior and more about how the car drives

In saying all that I am sure the vf is a good car, but on this next purchase ford doesn't need to worry about me 😊 lol !!

I am a returning customer out of sheer loyalty ...

Old 22-10-2014, 01:47 PM   #10496
radler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Farnsworth View Post
My FG2 XRT with 19s is a touch more bumpy than when it had 18s but not bad in the slightest and I have back problems. The XT is softer for sure but handling suffers obviously.
The xr6 sits well, that part is fine and I like the steering response that part is all good

It just seems to me that the back was good on the bumps new and two years down the track it's noticeable to the point of becoming a bit of a pain in the but

I had a stunning high speed run on Sunday on good road , the car was flying and smooth, then get back onto local sydney urban roads and get all these small hits and I try to figure, is it just the roads, or can I upgrade some parts or is a different variant going to give enough relief without losing too much on the handling side of things

Old 22-10-2014, 01:49 PM   #10497
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

New shocks, New bushes.
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2014, 01:56 PM   #10498
futura
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ford did the best with they could do with the interior considering there budget constraints. But you need to give credit to the VF Interior. The VF interior design is another level above the current FG/FG X. I wont even begin to bring up the seating position. I like the idea of having a centre speaker on the dash board, and some LED lights in key places on the VF. I found that the stitching on the VF steering wheel can get annoying at times.
Old 22-10-2014, 02:02 PM   #10499
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:

Have you actually had any experience with an EPAS system?

The Territory has been using it for the past 3 years which in turn is adapted from the Mustang, it so far has been plenty reliable enough and provides great road feel and hasn't compromised the Territory's lauded handling and road manners.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2014, 02:07 PM   #10500
FGX-302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm aware it's not new technology but it is to the falcon. If the falcon was flying n millions spend on R&D I'd be all for a lot of changes. My point is it's not and it's a 2 year span so it would be crazy in terms of durability and financially stupid for FGX and what would be the benifit given the circumstances?
Reality is for everything u wish it had u have to be willing to lose things it has.

No doubt you a ford man mate I think almost everyone is on here sept a couple a trolls lol just my opinion whether u see my point is up to u.