Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 09-08-2007, 01:41 PM   #1
jlef5

Default EF Fairmont 302

I've only just brought an EF Fairmont it has the tickford enhanced 5lt 302 windsor in it. I'm looking to get a bit more punch out of her, i was thinking along the lines of getting a crate engine with a displacement around 347ci, or doing the motor up that's already in it. Im hoping someone knows about doing this sort of car up. I'm hoping to get about 400 to 500 horses out of her. If someone has done this or knows how to get the best set up for this car any information would be great appreciated.
Cheers

jlef5 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2007, 02:39 PM   #2
XPcoupe
The Grand Prix

I did up my EF fairmont in 1999 and ended up with about 400HP. What I did at the time was full rebuild up comp ratio, race piston, cam to suit. HM Headers with a 3inch exhaust no cats. larger throttle body as well. new remappped ECU. Cost me about $15K at the time but still was a 302. Stroking it would had more power. just be ready to spend the money to do it right. cheap goes bag quicker. Things I didn't do that I should of was a high stall and change the diff ratio. The fairmont has a cruz diff in it.

What do you mean your car is tickford ehanaced. thats what I said when I sold my in 2000 as at the time people did not want moded engines. I took the ECU out and sold it with the stock ECU -100HP, it isn't silver with a sunroof by any chance.

Bright Green XP Coupe
9" 3.55 LSD, C10 and mild 302 Windsor

Cruizing the roads 70's style
XPcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2007, 02:41 PM   #3
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Surely slapping on a charger would be the easiest way. Sounds cool too!
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2007, 03:09 PM   #4
BAGTP454
Banned

supercharger is not so easy polyal u make sounds easy.

stroker kit and some kind of efi modification chip say unichip would be exelant direction for your car. I price up stroker motor from my friends workshop in coburg about 1998 i think was very common he said and was $5000 to build and fit everything.

i tihk same price now just motor but fit is not hard.

-mohamed
BAGTP454 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2007, 03:14 PM   #5
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAGTP454
supercharger is not so easy polyal u make sounds easy.

stroker kit and some kind of efi modification chip say unichip would be exelant direction for your car. I price up stroker motor from my friends workshop in coburg about 1998 i think was very common he said and was $5000 to build and fit everything.

i tihk same price now just motor but fit is not hard.

-mohamed
Why not? A capa kit fitted is around the same price as a stroker kit isn't it? Then add say another $1k for the ECU. Everything is bolt on.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2007, 05:51 PM   #6
BAGTP454
Banned

your price is underestimate. If your confident you can supercharge this model for 6000 i almost willing to provide you the money for you to example.
BAGTP454 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post