Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 01-07-2022, 04:33 PM   #1801
GASWAGON
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Petrol Price crisis......

O.k its getting out of control now.

91 @$2.59 at most servo's around Hawthorn for some reason?
GASWAGON is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2022, 04:47 PM   #1802
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by GASWAGON View Post

I got 98 yesterday for $2.35L here in Boganistan, cheap!
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 01-07-2022, 04:49 PM   #1803
hackney
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
Beat ya! $2.31!Further more, both cars are full!!Ye ha!
Old 01-07-2022, 05:19 PM   #1804
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

2.32 ultimate fill here today

and in world news, much wow

https://twitter.com/ShellenbergerMD/...ident-n2609425
Old 02-07-2022, 11:28 AM   #1805
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
I just filled up with 98 for $2.10. I’m still not conditioned to call that cheap, because it’s bloody not
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2022, 11:48 AM   #1806
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
I just filled up with 98 for $2.10. I’m still not conditioned to call that cheap, because it’s bloody not
Yep, hence the italics
Old 02-07-2022, 04:57 PM   #1807
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Thats really odd about the Hawthorn area, in fact it looks like its all of the inner east. But everywhere else is pretty much still $2.2x for 98.

Lock in the price now if you have the Sleven app.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
T3rminator is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2022, 05:22 PM   #1808
mad2
Regular...with metamusal
Donating Member2

paid [i think] $1.96.9 for E10 coz the unleaded hose wasn't working & unleaded was 2c's dearer, LPG was 91.9 altho on way to melbum saw [she says lol] 89.9
mad2 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2022, 10:30 PM   #1809
GASWAGON
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Nearly as bad as N.Z and no signs of relief anytime soon.

https://au.yahoo.com/news/photo-high...075852798.html
GASWAGON is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2022, 11:04 PM   #1810
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Nearly as bad as N.Z and no signs of relief anytime soon.

https://au.yahoo.com/news/photo-high...075852798.html
Going to create some interesting workplace dramas between managers and staff about working from home given the price of fuel effecting how much it costs to commute to the office.

There's a big anti WFH mentality in Melbourne, I was in the office all the way through the lockdowns and we weren't complying with any of the restrictions, not that I particularly cared but good luck trying to work from home in that environment.

Also the push from the high rise landlords and inner city cafes wanting everyone back in the CBD offices.

Curious to see what starts happening on those fronts come September.

Anyone with a company car and fuel card probably couldn't give a rat's ***.

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 02-07-2022 at 11:10 PM.
Old 03-07-2022, 08:51 AM   #1811
bb_zetec

The 22c excise will be coming back regardless, i don't think the Govt. cares about peoples financial state of affairs TBH, as long as they are "managing their level of debt", which under a Labor Govt will increase exponentially from what it already currently is. Will History repeat itself? Who knows..

Be prepared for people to start trying to syphon petrol from your car, that is if they haven't already sold their own car to try and pay for ever increasing bills.

1966 Mustang Convertible - Wimbledon White
- 289ci Windsor - C4 Auto - Power Hydraulic Roof / Factory AC

Previous Fords:
- 2012 FGII XR6 Manual Ute - Kinetic - 1984 XF Fairmont Ghia - Olympic Gold - 1987 XF S Pak - White- 1994 ED Falcon Classic V8 - Polynesian Green - 1999 AU1 Falcon S - Hot Chilli Red
- 2009 LV Focus Zetec 5sp Manual - Black Sapphire
bb_zetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 03-07-2022, 08:58 AM   #1812
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
DJR-351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 03-07-2022, 10:10 AM   #1813
smoo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Going to create some interesting workplace dramas between managers and staff about working from home given the price of fuel effecting how much it costs to commute to the office.

There's a big anti WFH mentality in Melbourne, I was in the office all the way through the lockdowns and we weren't complying with any of the restrictions, not that I particularly cared but good luck trying to work from home in that environment.

Also the push from the high rise landlords and inner city cafes wanting everyone back in the CBD offices.

Curious to see what starts happening on those fronts come September.

Anyone with a company car and fuel card probably couldn't give a rat's ***.
Those working in the CBD would have access to public transport wouldn't they?

Price of gas could be a compelling case for a four day work week at 10-12 hour days for those who can't work from home.
I've always thought the 5 day work week is a crock. Four days with the option of overtime on the fifth is the go for work life balance.
smoo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2022, 11:00 AM   #1814
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoo View Post
Those working in the CBD would have access to public transport wouldn't they?

Price of gas could be a compelling case for a four day work week at 10-12 hour days for those who can't work from home.
I've always thought the 5 day work week is a crock. Four days with the option of overtime on the fifth is the go for work life balance.
They certainly do but public transport utilisation is still very low, it hasn't recovered to pre COVID levels, the roads seem more congested now than pre COVID which is a bit strange, maybe it's the mask mandates on public transport.

Agree about the five day working week, the irony is the amount on unpaid overtime people do already that they'd cover that day off already but that's not the way it works here.
Old 03-07-2022, 11:15 AM   #1815
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Why is our business model still based around an archaic need to group all offices in a central business district?
The day this nonsense goes away is the day we give up a need for so much transport infrastructure and pollution.

Every morning, millions of people heading to a central point full of congestion, that’s just crazy but worse, it’s not necessary, there’s gotta be a better way..
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2022, 12:48 PM   #1816
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
Why is our business model still based around an archaic need to group all offices in a central business district?
The day this nonsense goes away is the day we give up a need for so much transport infrastructure and pollution.

Every morning, millions of people heading to a central point full of congestion, that’s just crazy but worse, it’s not necessary, there’s gotta be a better way..
Agree with you! lets start building High Rise in the burbs
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2022, 12:51 PM   #1817
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

It’s already happening in Sydney. Office hours haven’t changed, though.
Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2022, 12:51 PM   #1818
GCRXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Absolutely. I would also ask why have all GovCo services be based in the capitals. GovCos have, for ages, been yapping about the need for decentralisation. Time for the mutts to stop yapping, and spread the service HQs around the states, and nation.
Old 03-07-2022, 01:53 PM   #1819
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsme View Post
Agree with you! lets start building High Rise in the burbs
Or, this might be a giant head spin, avoid the cost of high rise buildings and just let people work from home and just connect via teams meeting or zoom…..

A lot of the physical presence required in old analog days just isn’t required unless of course you work in manufacturing which isn’t a big thing in the CBD. The close proximity of businesses in a CBD was all about physical meeting with each other, city hall and government buildings…much of that is now done electronically although there are still deliveries using those cyclists….

Last edited by jpd80; 03-07-2022 at 01:58 PM.
Old 03-07-2022, 01:57 PM   #1820
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

Quote:

While I do agree to some extent on decentralising, my question is will it do anything at all to ease any transport issues, or will it make it worse?
I work in the CBD and hate having to travel there when i am not working from home, yes, there are times when actual physical presence is required or far easier than on a Teams chat. There is also the fact some people prefer to work in an office. Imagine I (and a whole bunch of others) have to travel all over the state to various offices when most of it could be done in a day or two in one location? Not forgetting it is far easier for the majority to get to a centralised spot than having to travel to numerous locations (if applicable).

I don't think decentralisation alone is the solution; flexible working and decentralising is a way forward. Not having to force anyone to go to an office 5 days a week is a better solution. Most companies have adopted this (there are outliers but that happens) and leave it up to the employees.

That would mean there is less need for more BS office buildings to be built.
Old 03-07-2022, 02:03 PM   #1821
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wretched View Post
While I do agree to some extent on decentralising, my question is will it do anything at all to ease any transport issues, or will it make it worse?
I work in the CBD and hate having to travel there when i am not working from home, yes, there are times when actual physical presence is required or far easier than on a Teams chat. There is also the fact some people prefer to work in an office. Imagine I (and a whole bunch of others) have to travel all over the state to various offices when most of it could be done in a day or two in one location? Not forgetting it is far easier for the majority to get to a centralised spot than having to travel to numerous locations (if applicable).

I don't think decentralisation alone is the solution; flexible working and decentralising is a way forward. Not having to force anyone to go to an office 5 days a week is a better solution. Most companies have adopted this (there are outliers but that happens) and leave it up to the employees.

That would mean there is less need for more BS office buildings to be built.
No not intending to eliminate all travel to CBDs but let’s say half of the people were given alternatives, be that flex hours, later starting time hybrid work from home, that would massively improve road congestion.
2 users like this post:
Old 03-07-2022, 02:08 PM   #1822
.:4:.
Kicking back

So this is just an observation of mine. When the work from home was in full swing in 2020, i was working as an electrician in office blocks in sydney. Majority of offices only had a couple staff on site. So essential staff aside, the non essentials, most had one of 2 reasons they chose to come into the office every day. One reason was they loved their partner but not 24 hours a day. The other reason was having a routine keeps them motorvated. As in zoom meetings are fine, but a zoom meeting when all you do is chuck on a button up shirt yet are still in your boxers/pajama pants isnt very motorvating.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2022, 02:17 PM   #1823
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
It’s already happening in Sydney. Office hours haven’t changed, though.
That always amazes me when I go to Sydney, went to a restaurant in Merrylands, parked out the back of a Maccas and there was an absolutely massive apartment tower overlooking Maccas and the restaurant - there had to be 100+ apartments in it.

I'd hazard guess because of Sydney real estate prices thats going to be lots of peoples only options and thats why those developments are popular across the whole metropolitan area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
So this is just an observation of mine. When the work from home was in full swing in 2020, i was working as an electrician in office blocks in sydney. Majority of offices only had a couple staff on site. So essential staff aside, the non essentials, most had one of 2 reasons they chose to come into the office every day. One reason was they loved their partner but not 24 hours a day. The other reason was having a routine keeps them motorvated. As in zoom meetings are fine, but a zoom meeting when all you do is chuck on a button up shirt yet are still in your boxers/pajama pants isnt very motorvating.
Same deal as my old man, had the option to work from home but refused to because work was his opportunity to get away from Mum, go to the shopping centre and eat things he's not supposed to be eating on smoko and lunch
Old 03-07-2022, 02:23 PM   #1824
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
That always amazes me when I go to Sydney, went to a restaurant in Merrylands, parked out the back of a Maccas and there was an absolutely massive apartment tower overlooking Maccas and the restaurant - there had to be 100+ apartments in it.

I'd hazard guess because of Sydney real estate prices thats going to be lots of peoples only options and thats why those developments are popular across the whole metropolitan area.
Maybe all the separate city councils in the Sydney area, Brisbane area amalgamating a lot of councils (not all) over 100 years ago, not sure about Melbourne.

Quote:
Same deal as my old man, had the option to work from home but refused to because work was his opportunity to get away from Mum
LOL, I suspect that could be a reason that the older among us want to get away from the missus for a few hours.
Old 03-07-2022, 03:32 PM   #1825
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Going back to the office will be like taking a pay cut . Home to work is a 46km round trip for me, ~230ks a week. Add the extra mileage when heading out for lunch, its about a full tank on a good week with little traffic. Savings of about $150 at today's 98 prices. That's just fuel, you are also saving on wear and tear. Add the tax breaks you also get from WFH , there is actually very little incentive to go into the office now.

Have noticed people are far more relaxed and chilled generally. I wonder how much of that is due to not having to sit through the stress of traffic or avoid the hussle and bussle of PT, 5 days a week.

One big advantage of working in the office is Friday evenings. Miss the Friday evening drinks. That doesn't happen anymore, even when we try to arrange adhoc "work in the office" days, there is always an excuse to not make it in

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
T3rminator is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2022, 03:50 PM   #1826
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

As an example, I have a superior who dose similar QA work as myself, quality assurance and checks on equipment and approvals on personnel. If he travels to and from work that’s up to 3 hours lost that he could be doing from his home which is located on the outer northern suburbs of Brisbane. Discussions with management has seen a great improvement in hybrid work where a portion can be done in our office or on site with staff and the rest from home.

When working from home, there are some basic rules for keeping focused and motivated, having a designated office area, getting dressed and starting at agreed times, a routine if you will is a big part of increased efficiency. With our situation it’s easy for managers to view progress on assignments and sorting out technical problems, most being time critical with prompt responses and updates schedules.

Maybe my situation is different to others, I normally work in the office as it’s only about six minutes from home but there are times when two or three days a week from home are quite acceptable but yeah, I like the comradely that goes with the office personnel, not so much when everyone is on away work.
Old 03-07-2022, 04:11 PM   #1827
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
When working from home, there are some basic rules for keeping focused and motivated, having a designated office area, getting dressed and starting at agreed times, a routine if you will is a big part of increased efficiency. With our situation it’s easy for managers to view progress on assignments and sorting out technical problems, most being time critical with prompt responses and updates schedules.
When everyone started working from home, I noticed I was getting responses from people outside of hours - IE wasn't uncommon for a customer to send me an email at 11PM which I thought was a bit strange.

I don't particularly care about getting extended hours from my customers but it was a case of people weren't 'switching off' from work either so they'd still be 'in the office' long outside their regular hours that they werent getting paid from either, it was like their work day extended massively.
Old 03-07-2022, 04:20 PM   #1828
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

They need to use the “save draft” function more. Unless it’s a person I socialise with, or a clearly articulated genuine emergency, I don’t respond out-of-hours to work related stuff.
Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2022, 04:40 PM   #1829
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:

They are built for cheap affordable housing, so they keep telling everyone.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2022, 07:05 PM   #1830
sexyxe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It's going to be a sad day when I have to stop doing all my hobbies because I cant afford to run any of them.

2.40/u98 locally. And in September I am preparing myself to essentially die of shock at the 30c jump that will occur.

My occupation is set on a government fixed 2% year pay rises. For the last 5 years it has sucked to be such a step behind and its only getting worse!
sexyxe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post