Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > Project Builds (non Car)

Project Builds (non Car) Here is an area where you can show / discuss other non car builds be they bikes, caravans, boats, BBQ's or whatever.

Old 02-12-2020, 12:15 PM   #1
boby59
Starter Motor

Default 3D print models

Hello can some body tell me which software that will allow me to 3d print make Fake coins from photos on my computer. thanks Paul
boby59 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2020, 12:22 PM   #2
Sonny_Jim

Default Re: 3D print models

So there's a couple of things you need, depending on whether you print it yourself or go down the library

1. 3D Modelling software to create the model. I personally use Blender, but it's not really suited for CAD, it's more for animation. Other options include OpenSCAD, TinkerCAD, SketchUp. It's not really an 'automatic' process to model from an image, so expect to spend at least a couple of hours figuring out how to use it.

The other option is to pay someone on fiverr or the like to create the STL file for you, which depending on your 3D modelling experience might be the way to go.

2. Take the STL file you created in the 3D modelling software and take it down to the local library on a USB key. Can't remember if it's just Hume but lots of libraries have 3D printers free to use. If your local library doesn't have one, there are a few businesses popping up now that will 3D print your design for a small fee.

Last edited by Sonny_Jim; 02-12-2020 at 12:34 PM.
Sonny_Jim is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post